Arsenal V Coventry | Capital One Cup 26/09/2012

Re: Arsenal V Coventry | Capital One Cup 26/09/2012

Postby friedslice » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:14 am

Pudpop wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:Just seen the highlights myself. Chamberlain's goal is brilliant. Gnabri is a beast. Arshavin looked the best I've seen him in ages. Djourou is still cr@p and was at fault for the goal conceded.

Not fair on Djourou. The cross was inch-perfect and should have been blocked or at the very least pressurized.

I'm with PG on this, when the ball was played Djourou was goal side, when it was finished he wasn't, that's poor defending, bad positioning, bad tracking whatever way you look at it. the blokes a donkey.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:11 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Praising a premier league footballer for not sulking is like praising someone for not being a child rapist. It's not worthy of praise, it should just be expected. Oh, you earn in a week what most would be delighted with in a year while doing a job that many dream of doing? Poor dear.

He played no part in the build up and the keeper's in no-man's-land, it's a very simple finish.

Still avoiding the question then....?

Despite the fact that footballers earn shitloads there are still plenty of them out there sulking right now, so sometimes the ones who aren't are the exception.
Anyway here's that question again, how is saying that Theo isn't sulking and pointing out that he's finishing better than two of his colleagues (who appear to be starting ahead of him) trolling?

Personal insults are not allowed on the forum so if you're going to call someone a troll you better be able to back it up, or else man up and apologise.
So far you have failed to do either.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:28 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:I didn't see the match you're talking about (I was 2 years old at the time), but I'm guessing they actually turned up on the day. Coventry didn't... they were absolutely awful. Some of their defending was beyond appalling. You can't compare the two matches.

And that match occurred in 92... out statted!

yes you are right 91/92.its on you tube give it a look
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:56 am

Please... We have won convincingly and you guys are arguing as if we have lost this match. :arsesmile:
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:Praising a premier league footballer for not sulking is like praising someone for not being a child rapist. It's not worthy of praise, it should just be expected. Oh, you earn in a week what most would be delighted with in a year while doing a job that many dream of doing? Poor dear.

He played no part in the build up and the keeper's in no-man's-land, it's a very simple finish.

Despite the fact that footballers earn shitloads there are still plenty of them out there sulking right now, so sometimes the ones who aren't are the exception.
Anyway here's that question again, how is saying that Theo isn't sulking and pointing out that he's finishing better than two of his colleagues (who appear to be starting ahead of him) trolling?

Personal insults are not allowed on the forum so if you're going to call someone a troll you better be able to back it up, or else man up and apologise.

I answered your question, not my fault if you didn't understand it. If someone was praising someone (who was a bit of a scumbag, but overall harmless) for not being a child rapist, you wouldn't think they were trolling? That's pretty naive.
The "others are doing it so it's ok" argument is a poor one, I don't know why you're using it when you yourself have said it doesn't work.

LOOOOL! Do you know how frequently someone gets called a troll on this forum? If you're seriously saying that that's not allowed, then you're not doing your job as head moderator as I see it pretty much every day.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:37 pm

with AF. well done theo
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Pudpop » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:08 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

I answered your question, not my fault if you didn't understand it. If someone was praising someone (who was a bit of a scumbag, but overall harmless) for not being a child rapist, you wouldn't think they were trolling? That's pretty naive.
The "others are doing it so it's ok" argument is a poor one, I don't know why you're using it when you yourself have said it doesn't work.

LOOOOL! Do you know how frequently someone gets called a troll on this forum? If you're seriously saying that that's not allowed, then you're not doing your job as head moderator as I see it pretty much every day.

He's not using that argument. He's saying that; "others are doing it, but he isn't, so that's good form from him" argument. Theo has every right to be doing what he is doing, and is doing it in a professional manner. The fact that he scored 2 goals shows he deserves to be given at least the slightest chance up front.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Freddie-Blue » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 am

Someone ban this bell end.
Freddie-Blue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ivan itchybum » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Freddie-Blue wrote:Someone ban this bell end.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13