Man Citeh v Arsenal | Premiership 23.09.12

Re: Man Citeh v Arsenal | Premiership 23.09.12

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:08 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Image

Thats a fifa 13 touch!!

Really is. It makes me cringe every time i see it.

Gerv is f***ing infuriating. He gets himself into such good positions, but as soon as hes in the box, its like he gets a massive adrenaline rush, making him snatch at chances.

He could have had a hatrick today, brace minimum if he had taken even a half decent touch then shot in the above GIF and again if he'd struck the ball low and hard in that chance right at the end.

That was the difference between him being carried on our shoulders and fans synchronised facepalming everytime they think of what could have been.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:25 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Frustrating result but still decent.

Also have to say that all the Jenks haters in the summer - Suck it.

lol yeah, this was his best game for us, by a distance. The talk of Sagna not getting his place back though mystifies me.

Exactly, chalk and cheese.

I love Jenkinson's athleticism but he does still terrify me when passing the ball right across the back line. It's such an unnecessary anus clench

Spot on.
He's ten times better than he was last season and he played well today but still plenty of work to do.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Freddie on MOTD2 right now.....
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby arsebandit » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:36 pm

jenks is gonna be some right back for us.. without doubt. I feel we dropped 2 points today though 10 mins left I'll take a draw. Didn't think we were anywhere near our game yet matched citeh easily so onwards an upwards. Oh yeah, RE: earlier gervinho post, I rest my case. Overall taking a point at our direct rivals place is a positive cos when they come to us, we will have improved beyond their capabilities. COYFG!!! Arsenal is life, the rest are just details
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby golfinguy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Good thing I was watching from home again - saved the GF her embarrassment over my behavior :arse flag.gif:

Most of the match I was making my normal comments and noises, which she typically mocks me over. But when Kos scored that goal I went f***ing mental! She seriously wondered about me - how could anything be that important, etc.? She just doesn't get it, and I look a fool in her eyes :rofll:

I made another loud outburst when Gerv missed that late chance. Why oh why was he missing the touch we'd been seeing from him since pre-season? Why this game? OMG, we could have won it had he finished his two chances. But City missed a few too, a draw a fair result.

I didn't like the substitution of Podolski. Who came on was fine, but I though Gerv should have come off rather than Podolski. Gerv was not 'feeling it' - it was obvious - why leave him on? Podolski sent one into row Zed as well, so perhaps not the big difference I thought at the time, but it still bothered me. And then the very late substitution... I understand it... We're drawn away from home against the league champions... but I still wanted to see Ox come on.

But I'm quietly confident in this team. I'm relatively optimistic anyway, but this is potentially better than even my expectations. All you had to do was look at the benches - ours looked as good or better than City's to me. And THAT speaks to things I did not expect this season - depth. Wilshere coming back makes it even better. And Rosicky after that. Oh my the depth! (If RVP hadn't left OMG what a team, but f**k that c***).
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:21 pm

golfinguy wrote:Good thing I was watching from home again - saved the GF her embarrassment over my behavior :arse flag.gif:

Most of the match I was making my normal comments and noises, which she typically mocks me over. But when Kos scored that goal I went f***ing mental! She seriously wondered about me - how could anything be that important, etc.? She just doesn't get it, and I look a fool in her eyes :rofll:

I made another loud outburst when Gerv missed that late chance. Why oh why was he missing the touch we'd been seeing from him since pre-season? Why this game? OMG, we could have won it had he finished his two chances. But City missed a few too, a draw a fair result.

I didn't like the substitution of Podolski. Who came on was fine, but I though Gerv should have come off rather than Podolski. Gerv was not 'feeling it' - it was obvious - why leave him on? Podolski sent one into row Zed as well, so perhaps not the big difference I thought at the time, but it still bothered me. And then the very late substitution... I understand it... We're drawn away from home against the league champions... but I still wanted to see Ox come on.

But I'm quietly confident in this team. I'm relatively optimistic anyway, but this is potentially better than even my expectations. All you had to do was look at the benches - ours looked as good or better than City's to me. And THAT speaks to things I did not expect this season - depth. Wilshere coming back makes it even better. And Rosicky after that. Oh my the depth! (If RVP hadn't left OMG what a team, but f**k that ****).

Same shit for me today. I screamed Gerrrrrrvvvviiinnnnhhhhhooooo when the ball came to him after Clichy couldnt get to it. As soon as he had that heavy touch, i ended up on the floor, head in hands. The missus actually came in to the livingroom thinking something had happened to me.

When Kos scored, i flipped the f**k out. She sat down opposite me. looked me dead in the eye and asked if i was insane :biggrin:

My bird doesnt understand either. She stated that we are never inviting family/friends round to the house again on a day that Arsenal are playing. Clearly, i didnt put up much resistance at this...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Freddie talking about the invincibles on MOTD2 "We were all great friends... I had Lauren behind me and if anyone kicked me he'd kick the SH*T out of them! Oh sorry, didn't mean to say that.. haha"
:grin:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby friedslice » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:57 am

Another solid performance.
Agree about the frustration of Gervinho, he does so well with the ball at his feet and running at defenders, his movement adds a new dynamic, but his final product is utterly abysmal, embaressing really. if he had even half decent finishing he'd be one hell of a player. thought Ramsey was good the past two appearances, jenkinson had a great came, cazorla and podolski add real class, we out played the champions on their own pitch without sagna, wilshere, ox or rosicky playing any part. promising signs.

Still struggling at set pieces though, no idea why we zonal mark. our goalkeepers will keep costing us points all season no matter which one we pick.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Don't forget Podolski being too busy picking his nose as the corner came in. :lol:

diversion tactics
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Always_a_gooner » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 am

Gervinho is just sooo frustrating why AW plays him through the middle i have no idea because his finishing is poor..this just shows that maybe going for a striker in january wont be a bad idea because gerv has no composure in front of goal. Even on the wing hes infuriating, he tries to go past 5 players instead of just playing a cross into the box
Always_a_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Man Citeh v Arsenal | Premiership 23.09.12

Postby Chuck Felsea » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:25 pm

I work on Sundays: didnt get to see this match. I don't think it was on any of the channels I have anyway.
Chuck Felsea
Michael Thomas

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Est83 wrote:Jenkinson has the best cross in our squad.

He's positinoal awareness is improving with every game.

He always looks dangerous going forward.

His size is a real asset and a nice change considering his position... not many tall fullbacks out there.

:thumbsup: the boy's doing good! Sagna will have a fight on his hadns when he returns.

His pace surprises me the most. He doesn't look fast, but he keeps up with the fastest wingers in the league.

Deserved point, both sides could've had more if the finishing was better.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Diaby24AFC » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Gerv had his chance up front and blew it . I believe Theo ought to have one too.
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Diaby2AFC wrote:Gerv had his chance up front and blew it . I believe Theo ought to have one too.

3 goals in 3 games is a very odd definition of "blew it". What the hell did Giroud do then?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby golfinguy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:26 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Diaby2AFC wrote:Gerv had his chance up front and blew it . I believe Theo ought to have one too.

3 goals in 3 games is a very odd definition of "blew it". What the hell did Giroud do then?

Ya, it was just one game. I blasted Gerv in this game too, but it doesn't mean we never play him there again.

But I still think we should give Theo a run at playing up top in some games.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13