Fabianski vs. Szczensy

Re: Fabianski vs. Szczensy

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:08 am

Boxer wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:This is what happens when you get something without much effort. You can either grab it both hands like Wilshere/Ox or you can throw it away like Szczesny has..

sorry but they are 2 players so far from being compared to. 1 has`nt played for a year and the other has only played a hand full of games.

Completely agree.
Some of the unfounded and overblown (and often hateful) criticism aimed at Szczesny by our own fans makes you wonder whether they're really fans at all.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:33 am

So if we criticise players, we aren't real fans? :dizzy:
Excuse me sir, but alot of people on here spend a fortune of money on season tickets so they have all right to critisize players, every fan has that right. It doesnt make you any less of a fan.

We are all aiming towards the same goal, improvement. So you can sit here and saying sczesny is good enough, but he really isnt. His enormous confidence/ego and hit crap on twitter make him look better than he really is. And if someone gives me the 'he is still young excuse', I will take my Massa's dildo, put it on fire, and stick it in your ass. In goal you need someone who's experienced, been there done that and quality at the same time. Especially since goalkeepers reach their peek at a high age. So in pre-season before last season, we thought we had gold in our hands and we thought our goalkeeping dilemma would finally be solved. We couldnt be more wrong.

None doubts scsczesny's potential, I believe he will be amazing, in lets say 5 years from now. But it would be very stupid to stick with him as our first goalkeeper for these years. He didnt have a good season and there was no improvement to be found. His distribution is still pretty poor and his saves from longe range shots are pretty much awful. We conceded way too much goals from out of the penalty box. You can blame our defence, for allowing these shots, fine. But still scscsezsny should of saved them.

As far as the Fabs vs scscs discussion. IF I had to chose, It would be fabs. He got the ability of a cat. His only problem is his confidence, Well you're not gonna get confidence from sitting on the bench right? We all saw what he can do, he had a stunning run of form 2 years ago before he got injured. I saw him the other day, against Latvia, and he was very good. Made some good saves. Shame he got injured.

Anyway, In my opinion Scscs just isnt good enough yet. And he just cost Poland the match by completely missing the ball and getting himself sent off. He just isnt as good as he looks. And that he has one of the lowest saving stats in the league last season pretty much tells the story.

We should look for an experienced goalkeeper this summer, with tons of experience but still quality. Someone who can win matches for us. Someone ever said on here that a worldclass goalkeeper can get u 10 points a season, I complete agree. Scscs on the other hand has only costed us points.

IMO :)
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Fabianski vs. Szczensy

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:42 am

As someone who has stuck up for szczesny, i expected more of him at the euros. His sending tells me he hasn't yet learned from the mistakes he has made with us. I'd like to bring in a keeper in his mid 30s like howard or given to buy szczesny more time.

One thing i am certain of though, is that although fabianski is older and more experienced, he is even more prone to mistakes than szczesny. Fabianski is NOT the answer to our goalkeeping problems!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:42 am

Dejan wrote:So if we criticise players, we aren't real fans? :dizzy:
Excuse me sir, but alot of people on here spend a fortune of money on season tickets so they have all right to critisize players, every fan has that right. It doesnt make you any less of a fan.

We are all aiming towards the same goal, improvement. So you can sit here and saying sczesny is good enough, but he really isnt. His enormous confidence/ego and hit crap on twitter make him look better than he really is. And if someone gives me the 'he is still young excuse', I will take my Massa's dildo, put it on fire, and stick it in your ass. In goal you need someone who's experienced, been there done that and quality at the same time. Especially since goalkeepers reach their peek at a high age. So in pre-season before last season, we thought we had gold in our hands and we thought our goalkeeping dilemma would finally be solved. We couldnt be more wrong.

None doubts scsczesny's potential, I believe he will be amazing, in lets say 5 years from now. But it would be very stupid to stick with him as our first goalkeeper for these years. He didnt have a good season and there was no improvement to be found. His distribution is still pretty poor and his saves from longe range shots are pretty much awful. We conceded way too much goals from out of the penalty box. You can blame our defence, for allowing these shots, fine. But still scscsezsny should of saved them.

As far as the Fabs vs scscs discussion. IF I had to chose, It would be fabs. He got the ability of a cat. His only problem is his confidence, Well you're not gonna get confidence from sitting on the bench right? We all saw what he can do, he had a stunning run of form 2 years ago before he got injured. I saw him the other day, against Latvia, and he was very good. Made some good saves. Shame he got injured.

Anyway, In my opinion Scscs just isnt good enough yet. And he just cost Poland the match by completely missing the ball and getting himself sent off. He just isnt as good as he looks. And that he has one of the lowest saving stats in the league last season pretty much tells the story.

We should look for an experienced goalkeeper this summer, with tons of experience but still quality. Someone who can win matches for us. Someone ever said on here that a worldclass goalkeeper can get u 10 points a season, I complete agree. Scscs on the other hand has only costed us points.

Try reading what I said before writing an essay, you'll save yourself some time. "Unfounded and overblown (and often hateful) criticism" is nowhere near regular criticism.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:44 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:As someone who has stuck up for szczesny, i expected more of him at the euros. His sending tells me he hasn't yet learned from the mistakes he has made with us. I'd like to bring in a keeper in his mid 30s like howard or given to buy szczesny more time.

One thing i am certain of though, is that although fabianski is older and more experienced, he is even more prone to mistakes than szczesny. Fabianski is NOT the answer to our goalkeeping problems!!!

Exactly.
People have extremely short memories if they think he's better than Sneezy.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:47 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:

Try reading what I said before writing an essay, you'll save yourself some time. "Unfounded and overblown (and often hateful) criticism" is nowhere near regular criticism.

Hatefull? We all support him, we just critisize because he's not good enough.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:53 am

Dejan wrote:Hatefull? We all support him, we just critisize because he's not good enough.

Then you're not reading everyone's comments. There are some very hateful ones, and some members gleefully post "I told you so" comments whenever we concede. When people are more concerned with being right than wanting their team win, they have no right to call themselves fans.
Last edited by ThereIsBearCüm on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:53 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Boxer wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:This is what happens when you get something without much effort. You can either grab it both hands like Wilshere/Ox or you can throw it away like Szczesny has..

sorry but they are 2 players so far from being compared to. 1 has`nt played for a year and the other has only played a hand full of games.

Completely agree.
Some of the unfounded and overblown (and often hateful) criticism aimed at Szczesny by our own fans makes you wonder whether they're really fans at all.

You mean the same sort of criticism that Diaby, Almunia, Squillaci and Chamakh get? I'm sure you haven't thrown any overblown or unfounded criticism their way? :rolleyes:

You are opening a big can of worms accusing people of not being real fans on here my pedigree chum, Szczesny gets stick because he has a big mouth, a big ego and yet doesn't have the ability to back it up. He has conned his way into becoming ours, and Polands number 1.

I haven't thrown any hateful notions towards Chez i believe, i don't hate him, i simply think he isn't good enough yet, because he isn't.

And going by yesterdays evidence it merely backs up my statement, he was absolutely shocking from the get go and then got himself sent off.

And lastly, if ours (Or some) criticism is overblown and unfounded, then your praise sure as shit is. It goes both ways.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:55 am

Epic post Dejan :hail: :hail:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:58 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Boxer wrote:

Completely agree.

Why do you bother quoting my posts?

Why can't you keep your dildo right where it belongs ?

If you do not have the balls to name people hide in your couch and stay right there this place is not for you.

You are on an internet forum, if you do not have a pair grow it and then come on to it . it was you who was telling how this was last post of mine you are commenting wtf happened to that ? Now i know what your gayish reply will be, oh i did not quote your post, i did not name you, and some feck like that. So you are the only real fan here ? So believe that and be happy no, rather than trying to insert your dildo in to every hole. How many people have you had conflict with ? i have lost count ? Nobody needs your morality lessons and as they say if you cannot handle another opinion without questioning their integrity you can feck just right off..
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 am

GunnGunn wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Boxer wrote:

Completely agree.

You mean the same sort of criticism that Diaby, Almunia, Squillaci and Chamakh get? I'm sure you haven't thrown any overblown or unfounded criticism their way? :rolleyes:

You are opening a big can of worms accusing people of not being real fans on here my pedigree chum, Szczesny gets stick because he has a big mouth, a big ego and yet doesn't have the ability to back it up. He has conned his way into becoming ours, and Polands number 1.

I haven't thrown any hateful notions towards Chez i believe, i don't hate him, i simply think he isn't good enough yet, because he isn't.

And going by yesterdays evidence it merely backs up my statement, he was absolutely shocking from the get go and then got himself sent off.

And lastly, if ours (Or some) criticism is overblown and unfounded, then your praise sure as shit is. It goes both ways.

I challenge you to find one post where I have directed unfounded, overblown or hateful comments at any of those players.

If you haven't mate hateful comments towards Sneezy, then I'm not referring to you, am I?

Yes he was poor, I don't think anyone's denying that. It's when he gets criticised for things that aren't his fault that it crosses the line.

Again, show me a post where my praise of Sneezy is overblown or unfounded.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:52 am

constructive critiscm is healthy
destructive is,nt.
i believe sznys form over the last month of the season is worrying
but to say that szny has only cost us points is unfair.
aside from a great penalty save v udinese when we were rocking
he clawed out a graham header v swansea at 0-0 won 1-0
made an unbelievable stop diving across to stop an open goal header v sunderland at 1-1 won 2-1
made a fine stop v bolton at 0-0 won 3-0
fine stop from dembele v fulham at 0-0 drew 1-1
great save from a lampard free kick at 2-2 at chelsea won 5-3
and made a double save from a penalty at 0-0 at liverpool at 0-0 won 2-1
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby VCC » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:00 am

IMO a good second keeper can manage 4-5 games anymore and cracks show,that is generally what we have had since the big German left,second string keepers,FFS spend some money on the most specialised possition on the park.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:11 pm

The only thing I disagree with is that he didn't cost them the game. Had he not done that they would of been 2-1 down anyway. In a strange way, he may of got them a point.

There was an interview with David James about when he brought Zidane down (in the Euros 1-0 up and they scored 2 in injury time). Gerrard made an awful pass back and DJ said he had to take a risk at getting the ball and knew he would probably bring him down. He knew he had to though in hope that the penalty was saved. He felt it was the only way.

I see this as quite similar. He took one for the team and he may of earnt them a point rather than going 2-1 down (like England did).
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski