Fabianski going on loan

Re: Fabianski going on loan

Postby Zedie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:05 pm

I feel sick.

Its almost like Wenger sticks by his signings the more criticism they get. How is Almunia still even at the club let alone our No.2?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Who the f**k mentioned Chez? Not me. You got issues. Fabianski is piss poor, admittance is the first step, then we can face acceptance together. Don't worry i'll hold your hand

Really ? hmm then Szczesny must be the same cos , there isn't much between the two when it comes to ability.

You are entitled to your opinion. What's not up for debate though is that Chez is the type of keeper we need and Fabianski is not, you might rate them equal but they are very different goalkeepers. Does Chez currently have glaring weaknesses in his game? Sure he does, but we haven't had a clown between the posts most of the season and people love to forget how much worse another option is as well as talking up the bench warmers and they always look silly afterwards. Remember Olympiakos?

You let a person rot on the bench and then expect miracles when he returns for his first full game is it? When he was starting regularly for us last season , he was the No-1 on merit . He was not dropped and Szczesny got his place because of Fabianski's injury. As i have always said , Mad Jens was the last top quality keeper we had . He had his mad moments but he was a top top goalie , who single-handedly won us crucial games . Its sad that none of our goal-keepers are fit enough to lace mad Jens' boots atm. They may have great potential for tomorrow but today ,they are not mediocre but definitely pretty average.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:11 pm

I think it's fair you let him go if he wants. He's nearly 27 and he's not a keeper who seems happy to sit on the bench his whole career and make some easy money.

I know it's ideal for you to keep him but the guy needs to become a number 1 now. I can see the Euro's being an excuse to get out if I'm honest. Szczesny is probably way in front due to still getting game time and deffo looks to be the better option for Poland despite Fabianski still being in front of him a bit earlier in the season.

To the person who mentioned the Irish midget, I'm guessing you mean James Shea. He was at Dag & Red but Arsenal called him back due to him being on the bench and not starting.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

gzagee wrote:Chesney is the best option at the club. No doubt about that.
Whether one thinks there's a million miles or a hairs breadth (my vote is somewhere in the middle) between them I'd go for Chesney every day and Sunday.

However, it is complete madness to send Mannone and Fabs out on loan and make Almunia the back-up.

This.

Szczesny is the best and most consistent option we have now and probably for a few more years to come. Fabianski has shown time and time again that he's vulnerable to those "Almunia Moments," whereas Szczesny has not IMO.

(And when I say "Almunia Moments," I mean those strange, wtf decisions you'll never expect from a keeper and not those common mistakes that even the best keepers still make)
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:
Whether one thinks there's a million miles or a hairs breadth (my vote is somewhere in the middle) between them I'd go for Chesney every day and Sunday.

However, it is complete madness to send Mannone and Fabs out on loan and make Almunia the back-up.

This.

Szczesny is the best and most consistent option we have now and probably for a few more years to come. Fabianski has shown time and time again that he's vulnerable to those "Almunia Moments," whereas Szczesny has not IMO.

(And when I say "Almunia Moments," I mean those strange, wtf decisions you'll never expect from a keeper and not those common mistakes that even the best keepers still make)

Like the Carling cup final , like coming out on several occasions to get caught out in no-man's land this season , like flapping at a cross against Fulham , like Getting beaten by regular long -range shots , like letting a regulation shot thru to far post last game against Swansea yeah i get it. yeah these are the mistakes top keepers make regularly , and we should not worry about them.

We have to make do with the best we have and what we have are three average keepers with a lot of potential for future.

Hennessey , Krul , Hart, Reina , Friedel have had much better season than overhyped Szczesny.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Like I've said before...

We've had such poor keeping at the club since Jens left, people lose sight of how average our keepers are because they look good compared to the crap we've seen.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Leody wrote:Like I've said before...

We've had such poor keeping at the club since Jens left, people lose sight of how average our keepers are because they look good compared to the crap we've seen.

I hope with all the hype , Szczesny does not turn out in to another Walcott . The way he came out after Fulham game , talking big things , when his howler which cost us the game is a poor attitude to have for a footballer. He does a lot of unnecessary talking , when he should be more worried about improving his goal-keeping than anything else on the planet.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 pm

to let flappy on loan would be sooo stupid because I can see scezzny getting injured after he leaves. so please no. I don't want to see almunia again in goal.

as for scezzny: the guy has made some mistakes but every keeper makes mistakes. look at reina against city in the league. and reina has much more experience. scezzny is very young and will still learn. for a keeper of his age he's really good. some of you are really never happy with our players.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Popey wrote:to let flappy on loan would be sooo stupid because I can see scezzny getting injured after he leaves. so please no. I don't want to see almunia again in goal.

as for scezzny: the guy has made some mistakes but every keeper makes mistakes. look at reina against city in the league. and reina has much more experience. scezzny is very young and will still learn. for a keeper of his age he's really good. some of you are really never happy with our players.

So you are fine with a keeper who makes mistakes, to learn his trade in the first team as a regular starter ? Why can't he learn his trade under another experienced GK . Penny pinching of the highest order.

Why has SAF dropped De Gea and given Lindegaard a go. We are a club who have become more of atraining academy. People would come up with this theory of how his confidence would be shattered if Ches is dropped but why is SAF so ruthless and why does Wenger molly cuddle his players. Which approach works better is for all to see.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:

This.

Like the Carling cup final , like coming out on several occasions to get caught out in no-man's land this season , like flapping at a cross against Fulham , like Getting beaten by regular long -range shots , like letting a regulation shot thru to far post last game against Swansea yeah i get it. yeah these are the mistakes top keepers make regularly , and we should not worry about them.

We have to make do with the best we have and what we have are three average keepers with a lot of potential for future.

Hennessey , Krul , Hart, Reina , Friedel have had much better season than overhyped Szczesny.

The CC game was a miscommunication error between keeper and defender and your other examples can easily be made by the best keepers. Van der Sar, Reina, Cech, etc have all made similar mistakes. I'm not sure you understand what I mean when I say "Almunia Moments." Go and YouTube some of Almunia's flops and you'll quickly understand what I'm getting at.

Fabianski has experienced similar fails
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:09 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:

This.

The CC game was a miscommunication error between keeper and defender and your other examples can easily be made by the best keepers. Van der Sar, Reina, Cech, etc have all made similar mistakes. I'm not sure you understand what I mean when I say "Almunia Moments." Go and YouTube some of Almunia's flops and you'll quickly understand what I'm getting at.

Message has to be sent to him , that if he does not improve he will be benched. But all our keepers are at the same level and as usual we have three to four options for a place but not one is exceptional. Like too many CM's but is anybody fit enough to lace Cesc's boots , like So many strikers two in the squad , two out on loan, not one fit enough to lace RVP's boots . This has been the bane of this club , plenty of above average players none exceptional. You need to have a mix of players like Cesc and RVP on end and Arteta's and Rosicky's on the other. What we have here is squad full of Park's , Jenkinson's , Diaby's Chamakhs , Squillaci , Almunia , etc.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:

This.

Message has to be sent to him , that if he does not improve he will be benched. But all our keepers are at the same level and as usual we have three to four options for a place but not one is exceptional. Like too many CM's but is anybody fit enough to lace Cesc's boots , like So many strikers two in the squad , two out on loan, not one fit enough to lace RVP's boots . This has been the bane of this club , plenty of above average players none exceptional. You need to have a mix of players like Cesc and RVP on end and Arteta's and Rosicky's on the other. What we have here is squad full of Park's , Jenkinson's , Diaby's Chamakhs , Squillaci , Almunia , etc.

I agree with all that, but no way in hell should Fabianski start ahead of Szcz until Szczesny starts showing signs of "Almunia Syndrome" (And I'm not saying you said that Fabianski should start ahead of Szcz, for the record). Szcz isn't perfect but he's descent and has brought us a little confidence between the sticks. Confidence we did not have with Almunia and Fabianski
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Err, why would we do that?

someone sensible: VETO that shit

Actually you know what, Almunia is still better than flaps. They are both hopeless. Hows the irish midget keeper getting along?

Szczesny is no VDS. His last f*ck up was not even 8 days back. I get surprised when people talk up as though there is a million mile between Fabianski and Szczesny .Fabianski's last game for us was no great shakes but in the mean time Szczesny has had a few howlers himself and the two of them were in the last two weeks . Caught flapping at a regulation cross and cost us the match against Fulham while last week let in a simple ball to far post by committing himself far too early. His distribution is still as awful as it was last season and the less we talk about his kicking the better. Szczesny hasn't covered himself in glory this season to be overhyping him to moon.

I think some people are a bit harsh on Sneezy.
He's made two high profile and costly errors this season but I don't see that as a particularly high amount for a GK, especially a young one.

By my reckoning every GK in the Prem will make between 2 and 5 major errors per season that cost their side a goal. That's just part and parcel of the pressure of their job.
Even the best GKs like Pepe Reina sometimes let the ball squirm under their body. That's just football.
We're over half way through the season and Shez has played 21 Prem games plus countless other cup games and amongst all those games he's only cost us two goals. That sounds pretty normal to me - especially when you compare it to the number of penalties our CBs give away!

He's obviously nowhere near the finished article at his age and I agree that his distribution is still not right but to say that he's not significantly better than our other GKs is harsh imo.
Sometimes we tend to forget the number of times he's put in superb match-winning saves and yet we remember the cock-ups.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 pm

But he didnt save alot of distance shots which he should of have saved though.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Dejan wrote:But he didnt save alot of distance shots which he should of have saved though.

Maybe yes, maybe no.
It's always easy as a fan to say 'oh he should've saved that' but unless you're a GK yourself you don't always know how easy it is to save those or whether he was in the correct position or not. Some are obvious but some aren't, they're highly debatable.
We also can't always appreciate the speed that the ball is travelling when we watch on TV or whether the ball moved in the air.

Personally, I've had a lot of coaching on striking so if I'm watching a game and a striker decides to use the wrong part of his foot or the wrong technique then I can spot that but I wouldn't know what to look for when it comes to goalkeeping.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski