Mannone wants to make his Hull move, permanent

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Vito Mannone tells Yorkshire press hes already held talks with Hull C over making his loan a permanent deal.

Damn... :doh:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Mannone wants to make his Hull move, permanent

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Won't miss him. He had his chance in pre-season, he flopped. He had his chance in the champions league, he flopped.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Don't blame him. He'll move to a bigger club at some point, he is too good not to.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Boxer wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Don't blame him. He'll move to a bigger club at some point, he is too good not to.

:shifty: Are you talking about the same keeper??

The same keeper that tried to kick a ball that was chest high, rather than just catch it...That keeper?
And dont even bother coming up with some game fuckin yonks ago where he had a blinder, it wont wash. He`s dog shite,,end of.

You really don't know much about him, do you?

Don't talk about some game f***ing yonks ago, when all you've done is pick up one of his only mistakes?

There was a reason more than 50% of this forum and on the net in general gave him the nickname "Don Vito".

And it had nothing to do w/ his Italian descendants.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:01 pm

He actually said that he'll be open to it if he's situation doesn't change. Everything will be reassessed come the end of his loan.

Either way, I honestly think this man has a huge future.

If it were up to me I would have him as our numnber two. Fabbianski improved massively last season, but his game very much depends on his confidence... how can you have a number two like that? Someone who's sat on the bench slowly loosing confidence, only to be thrown into action in the high pressured situation of covering an injured or sent-off keeper. He'll break down and we'll see the return of Flappy! Plus they're both fighting it out for Poland's number one jersey, how's Fabbianski supposed to do that when he can't even get a look in at Arsenal?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Boxer wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Don't blame him. He'll move to a bigger club at some point, he is too good not to.

:shifty: Are you talking about the same keeper??

The same keeper that tried to kick a ball that was chest high, rather than just catch it...That keeper?
And dont even bother coming up with some game fuckin yonks ago where he had a blinder, it wont wash. He`s dog shite,,end of.

On loan last season he took Hull from the relegation zone to mid table, saved 3 penalties and only conceded 3 goals in 7 games, keeping 4 clean sheets.

Hull won those 6 out of those 7 games as well, drawing the other, when they could barely string a win together all season and it was directlydown to Mannone.

So don't bullshit to me about that Fulham game, he is a quality keeper, better than Almunia and Fabianski and his ability is on par if not better than Szczesny,mno chance you would see Mannone flapping at long range shots as much as Szczesny does.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:23 am

not overly fussed, Sneezy is easily the better keeper
would have been good to keep him as backup, but if he really is that good, he wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench for too long and he'd be off anyway
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:05 pm

If he had a run then he might be, im not going to make excuses for him, he hasn't exactly taken his very limited chance as of late.

But he is still quality and Hull have a great keeper.

Sadly, i always knew that Szczesny would be AW's darling so no other GK is going to get a chance.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Ive seen him play well for the first team. Seen him live a few times. Hes a bit punchy for my liking. Likes to punch the ball a lot. But weve had worse keepers. Much worse.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:44 am

Arsenal price Vito Mannone out of Hull City's reach

Hull City's chances of signing Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone on a permanent basis may be dealt a blow by the Gunners' valuation of the player.

The 24-year-old stopper signed a new long-term contract at the Emirates Stadium in January 2010, but has since made only one appearance for Arsene Wenger's team.

Mannone has impressed during three loan spells at the KC Stadium, making 31 starts, and Tigers boss Nick Barmby is said to be keen on keeping him.

According to The Sun, Arsenal, who paid £350,000 for the Italian in 2005, are demanding £1m to let him leave and Hull are not prepared to pay such a high fee.

Mannone's only Gunners appearance this season came in the 3-1 defeat to Olympiakos in December.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hu ... 24484.html
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby IMF » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:05 am

It's a shame we have so many decent 2nd keepers but no top quality number 1.

Apparently that Martinez kid is tipped to be world class.

Buffon tipped Vito to be his replacement for Italy.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat May 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Mannone still hopeful over Hull switch

Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone is not giving up hope of a transfer to Hull City, despite the sacking of Nick Barmby.

Mannone has fallen out of the first-team picture with the Gunners this season and was sent on loan to Hull on two separate occasions.

He emerged as the Tigers' No. 1 towards the end of the campaign under Barmby, leading to speculation a permanent move would materialise over the summer.

Although Barmby's dismissal has muddied the waters, Mannone is still keen on a switch to the KC Stadium.

"There was obviously more chance of me moving to Hull with Nick as manager but my agent is keeping in touch with the club," Mannone told the Hull Daily Mail.

"I have made it clear how much I have enjoyed my time with Hull. I love the fans and I love the club because they have given me such a great opportunity to play regular football.

"I feel as though I have been playing well this season and it would be a very good club to join but I still have a contract with Arsenal. It will be their decision too."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... et&cc=4716
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:19 am

Really don't want him to leave. Another year on loan and I reckon he could push Szcez for the 1st team spot!
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sun May 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Good luck to him,very noticable that all our keepers are leaving,must be hard to stay somewhere that realisticly does not have a real number 1,and you have to sit and wait for chances behind other average keepers learning how to be average.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Herrpoja » Sun May 27, 2012 9:34 pm

he is still young so great move for him, good luck!
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Next

Return to 24. Vito Mannone