Legalise Cannabis?

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:07 pm

Spoken like a true copper Mo. :lol:

I think drunk driving is worse than stoned driving but I have no proof that it causes more accidents and serious injury. Many more people are likely to get hammered and get behind the wheel than are likely to smoke a spliff and do the same imo. As for it being a gateway drug, again I think alcohol is more likely to lead people to other drugs. Again just my opinion.
User avatar
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 18570
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby djaxster » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Don't answer cos he'll come round and nick you when he passes..
Image
User avatar
djaxster
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Bromley/Orpington

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:29 pm

I'll shoot him if he tries.
User avatar
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 18570
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:31 pm

I hate cops.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24906
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby mg86 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 pm

No rational person in my mind can make a valid case for marijuana being illegal. More people have died in the war on drugs in my country than the drugs have killed. More money is spent on keeping non-violent drug offenders in prison than is being spent on rehab and treatment centers to help drug addicts. The marijuana trade in the north american region is funding the drug cartels in south america, namely the hideous organizations in Mexico responsible for no rule of law in that region and frequent homocide. Marijuana has not been recorded as killing a single person from overdose, yet people overdose from alchohol which is legal and 450,000 people die from tobacco each year.

High driving is a completely seperate issue that has nothing to do with the debate of marijuana being legal. Case and point, alchohol is legal, yet you can't drive on more than a certain amount. Police could certainly carry a dip test kit with them and force a suspected person who is driving poorly to use it and it will give the officer a result in five minutes. Only problem is if that person was a first time user and the thc hadn't had enough time to bind to the fat tissue in their body, they wouldn't test positive. I'm sure some device could be assembled to measure the marijuana percentage more accurately and have a better chance of finding it.
Image
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
User avatar
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8328
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:54 am
Location: North Carolina, United States

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby gzagee » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Splinters in yer ass, that's the best way to go.

Can you let me which beat you'll be patrolling. Just so's we don't5 bump into each other unexpectedly, like...
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Don't answer, its a trap. Mo is trying to get an early leg up in the force.


90% of the people who do not want cannabis leagalised are drug dealers. If it was legal think of the money governments could make on taxes etc? I have been listening to nonsense arguments for years about it being a gateway drug, bad for your health blah blah blah, but the 2 legal drugs (alcohol and cigarettes) are a million times worse in my humble opinion. I have yet to hear a valid reason why cannabis is not legal.


It's the opposite, that is one of the main the reason government DON'T want to legalize it, because they can't patent it. They can't make money off it.

Myrmedus wrote:Both sides have merits but I personally wouldn't want to see it legalized, not so much because of any scientific or political reasons but because I believe it would give legitimate rise to the stoner culture.

We've already got enough troubles in this country with the binge drinking culture, let's not add to it further, eh?


Nah, if it's legalized the FDA is finished! Many illegal drug dealers are finished, Basically a lot of large companies are in a world of shit once everyone starts growing their own weed and using it daily, not for smoking which is actually the most useless way to use the actually drug.

Even if i love getting him.

Weed being illegial is a big structure point for society,if it is to become legal worldwide, the structure will slowly come tumbling down.
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13274
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby jacobharris » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 am

elkanofan wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Don't answer, its a trap. Mo is trying to get an early leg up in the force.


90% of the people who do not want cannabis leagalised are drug dealers. If it was legal think of the money governments could make on taxes etc? I have been listening to nonsense arguments for years about it being a gateway drug, bad for your health blah blah blah, but the 2 legal drugs (alcohol and cigarettes) are a million times worse in my humble opinion. I have yet to hear a valid reason why cannabis is not legal.


It's the opposite, that is one of the main the reason government DON'T want to legalize it, because they can't patent it. They can't make money off it.

.


I don't think thats true, they can just just regulate how it's sold and put a tax on it, just like they do with pretty much everything else.
User avatar
jacobharris
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:01 pm

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 am

How do you claim the government couldn't make money taxing pot elk? Seriously, if it was legal it would be grown in special farms and would be regulated, the government could tax it easily.

As I said earlier, the majority of people who don't want it made legal are drug dealers as they are the ones who would lose out.
User avatar
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 18570
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 am

Fabrestuta wrote:How do you claim the government couldn't make money taxing pot elk? Seriously, if it was legal it would be grown in special farms and would be regulated, the government could tax it easily.

As I said earlier, the majority of people who don't want it made legal are drug dealers as they are the ones who would lose out.


Yes, thats logical. Thats what many people would automatically think, the Government would tax the hell out of it and companies will advertise, set up multi million or billion dollar industries and farms to grow it.

BUT. Because you can't pattent it, there is no stopping others from ripping off your weed and growing the same exact strand in their own back garden. Marijana is such a good plant on it's own, it really dosne't need much added to it anyway. Unlike other natural plants/seeds/foods etc..

At Uni i've learned a bit about how Patents work (i'm studing to become a designer). This girl or witch like i call here is doing law, she'll be able to give me the lowdown but thats the premise really. Then again i'm not the most knowledgable on regularities etc..

Things like Prozac etc.. can be very easily made patent because of all the chemicals engineered into the drug. Weed however is a natural plant.

I see where your coming from but suprisingly it's not the case from what i've researched (i'm not an expert on how governments tax products) :) , even if big companies did start prodcing it. Once the medical properties of the plant are fully explored the FDA are finished, and many other big companies are finished and these people DO NOT want to go out of buisness. They don't care about people, they care about profit. That is how the world works sadly.

I've noticed over the years, the general public is becoming much, much more sympatheitc in regards to the plant and more knoledgable about what it can and can't do.
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13274
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 am

You don't need to patent it, all any government has to do is make a blanket law that covers the growth and sale of cannabis. There is countless cigarette manufacturers and governments do alright taxing them. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal but you can't just up and start producing/selling either of them.

If it was legal it would be pretty easy to regulate compared to trying to crack down on it when it is being grown illegally.
User avatar
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 18570
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:43 am

Fabrestuta wrote:You don't need to patent it, all any government has to do is make a blanket law that covers the growth and sale of cannabis. There is countless cigarette manufacturers and governments do alright taxing them. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal but you can't just up and start producing/selling either of them.

If it was legal it would be pretty easy to regulate compared to trying to crack down on it when it is being grown illegally.


Lol thats what i was thinking in terms of my point being wrong.

Just thought you would have made a point on other plants and how they are taxed even really. Alcohol and Cigarettes are totally different as again, those aren't 100% natural and are both engineered. But I was thinking in terms of things like fruit and veg seeds. Aren't they taxed substantially? I'll do some research into that because Marijuana belongs in the same category as flowers/fruit and veg rather than Alcohol and cigarettes.

I think the point about the patent may be in terms of marijuana not being big business compared to Alcohol and Tobacco They can make money off it but not nearly as much compared to the other two.

The point about the FDA dying if marijuana is legal still stands regardless however. Marijuana quite literally is a super plant!
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13274
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:42 am

Dejan wrote:I hate cops.


:lol:... why?
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6806
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:01 pm

because they are punks. Do yourself a favour and join the military.
No reason to be a pig.......
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24906
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:How do you claim the government couldn't make money taxing pot elk? Seriously, if it was legal it would be grown in special farms and would be regulated, the government could tax it easily.

As I said earlier, the majority of people who don't want it made legal are drug dealers as they are the ones who would lose out.


Yes they will. Look the video from me on previous page. The guy explains it perfectly.
Especially for America it would be financially a huge benefit since your war on drugs is huge
and it costs Alot of money. If you legalise it, the money for the war on drugs will go down alot and the goverment would
earn a shitload of money by taxing it.

And its not like 90% of the people will start smoking when it will be legalised.
Why? Look at holland.

Holland has succeeded in making pot look boring.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24906
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests