Bendtner : I’ll never return to Arsenal

Re: Bendtner : I’ll never return to Arsenal

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:16 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Bendtner is no great shakes but he is ten times the player Chamakh/Park can ever be .
Now that points to the plummeting quality levels ..ain't it

You're judging Park after two starts in the CC?

:crazy:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:52 am

Inchpractice wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Bendtner is no great shakes but he is ten times the player Chamakh/Park can ever be .

Whatever i have seen of Park and Bendtner so far, i feel Bendtner offers far more in terms
of footballing abilities not just with respect to skill and talent , but he is tall , strong ,
good in the air and he can play on the wings too [ask Wenger :lol: ] .

Now Bendtner is three years younger than Young and has the experience of having been
a part of top European club Like Arsenal . Now which ever way you see , i can't see
the gulf between Bendtner and Park coming down . Now the problem is more with
Bendtner's head than his footballing skills which are bound to improve looking at his age.
Its his habit of rating himself way beyond his actual talent which lets him down .
I don't think most people would have been clamoring for a new striker in January if
we had Bendtner with us instead of Park/Chamakh. This shows the kind of confidence
people had in Bendtner irrespective of the fact that they might not rate him over the moon .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:59 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

Whatever i have seen of Park and Bendtner so far, i feel Bendtner offers far more in terms
of footballing abilities not just with respect to skill and talent , but he is tall , strong ,
good in the air and he can play on the wings too [ask Wenger :lol: ] .

Now Bendtner is three years younger than Young and has the experience of having been
a part of top European club Like Arsenal . Now which ever way you see , i can't see
the gulf between Bendtner and Park coming down . Now the problem is more with
Bendtner's head than his footballing skills which are bound to improve looking at his age.
Its his habit of rating himself way beyond his actual talent which lets him down .
I don't think most people would have been clamoring for a new striker in January if
we had Bendtner with us instead of Park/Chamakh. This shows the kind of confidence
people had in Bendtner irrespective of the fact that they might not rate him over the moon .

So you've avoided the question and gone off on a tangent then.
Answer the question.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:17 pm

All answers cannot be put in black and white .

Park has played a CL game as well where he clearly looked out of depth to say the least .

I have not written him off exactly ,but i do not have much hopes of him proving me wrong as i do
not think he is the quality replacement for RVP on MERIT . but i would be glad to eat my words if he
turns himself in to a striker capable of replacing RVP on merit .

Sine you are helll bent on putting me on the spot In one line, i do not think he is the quality
of player we should be looking for .

You may call me crazy but...i am who i am .. :lol:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

good in the air and he can play on the wings too
[ask Wenger :lol: ] .

You just described Park :lol:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:44 pm

i like park what i have seen and think he will offer far more than Bendtner having said Bendy was never really played in possition or tacticly the way which suits.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Est83 wrote:
You just described Park :lol:

Come January we will have the answers as to how good he is in the air at this level
in a physical league amidst tall CB's .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:All answers cannot be put in black and white .

Park has played a CL game as well where he clearly looked out of depth to say the least .

I have not written him off exactly ,but i do not have much hopes of him proving me wrong as i do
not think he is the quality replacement for RVP on MERIT . but i would be glad to eat my words if he
turns himself in to a striker capable of replacing RVP on merit .

Since you are helll bent on putting me on the spot In one line, i do not think he is the quality
of player we should be looking for .

You may call me crazy but...i am who i am .. :lol:

I don't think you're crazy but I do think you're impatient. We know virtually nothing about Park at this stage other than what he's done internationally (very impressive) and what he's done in a few games in an Arsenal shirt.
Therefore you can't possibly say YET whether he's better or worse than Bendtner. Bendtner wasn't any more impressive on his first games for us either.

I'm no expert on Park but from what I've seen so far it's pretty clear to me that he's a FAR more clinical finisher than Bendtner, so that's one (very important) area where he's better.
Whether he can cut it in the Prem remains to be seen but I think it's purely a psychological issue because he obviously has the talent.
He may or may not make it with us but there's absolutely no way we can say that yet.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby rodney » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Bendtner is a hero.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Bendtner : I’ll never return to Arsenal

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:31 pm

If Park is so good why has Wenger not given him more opportunities?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:09 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:If Park is so good why has Wenger not given him more opportunities?

Where did I say he was 'so good'?
I only said he looks like a 'better finisher' than Bendtner.

If you read the Park thread I'm the one saying he doesn't deserve the opportunities yet.
And by the way, would you bench RVP right now? :dizzy:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:17 am

Tbh, we need to be resting him more than we do right now because he is playing soo many games while park/chamakh aren't even getting a look in.

If we hadn't of stared off so poorly, we wouldnt be in a position where ee are relying on rvp as much. There's no room for experimentation
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:05 am

You know with the kind of woeful start we have had to our league campaign , we have got ourselves in to a
situation where we simply cannot experiment as zedie said . As Inch is saying we do not know how good he
can turn out to be ? But the crucial point is can we afford compromising/risking winning to see if Park has got it
or not . Keeping in mind the start we have had , Wenger does not think its worth risking results at the cost
of finding out whether somebody has got it or not . That is why people with proven pedigree/track-record cost
money cos you know how good they can be because of their display in the past . Now with
unproven [in top leagues ] players like Park , you simply are shooting in the dark in blind hope . They say form is temporary class is permanent.If RVP is out of form ,you can simply persist with him, knowing his class and ability .
We are caught in a catch 22 situation where we all want to know how good Park can be but at the same time , we
cannot risk compromising our results in doing that.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:24 am

one thing is for sure Chamak you can count out imo
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:52 am

scored the winner for denmark tonight home to finland.
not seen it but hear it was a goal on the counter attack and nic followed up a long shot
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner