Frustrated Fabianski eyeing Arsenal exit

Frustrated Fabianski eyeing Arsenal exit

Postby Forest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:59 am

Wont have a squad left at this rate.

Lukasz Fabianski has spoken about his frustration at falling down the pecking order at Arsenal and will consider moving on if things do not change.

Fabianski occupied the No. 1 spot for a brief time last season, but his fellow Pole Wojciech Szczesny has dislodged him with a string of impressive displays.

Szczesny has been Arsenal's best player this term and Fabianski is concerned that by warming the bench he is harming his chances of being selected for next summer's European Championships.

"If my situation does not change - I'll consider asking for a move," Fabianski said.

"If I want to go to Euro 2012 the only way I can persuade the coach to take me is by playing on a regular basis."

Edit: heres the link http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/news/f ... senal-exit
Last edited by Forest on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: Frustrated Fabianski eyeing Arsenal exit

Postby FrustratedGooner » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:01 am

we have the don and shea dnt realy care about flappers cleans up the wage bill for the championship i guess :0
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:34 am

He is looking to cement his place for the European championships . Chesney came out and urged the manger to
make him number-1, when he was behind Fabianski in the pecking order . Now it depends on Wenger as to how
he handles this situaton . I feel he has improved a lot and imo he is a better keeper overall than
Chesney
at the moment by a small margin . Chesney has looked shaky against long balls this season
and his kicking and distribution has been below par as usual .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:41 am

Can you post a link to the source article please mate?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:52 am

Flappy showed some really good stuff between the sticks last season before getting injured, but now he has to fight for a place again... he should just accept it.

To be fair though, if he regains his pre-injury form then there's no way he'd be happy to play second fiddle to Szczesny. You can have two top players fighting for every outfield position, but you won't see it as much with the GK position. You can look at any club in any league and you will see a noticble difference in quality between the first and second choice keepers.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 am

I can understand him really but if you have a player in front of you who is performing better shit happens and you do just have to move on. He's going to be 27 soon and not played many games at all. Even Kasper Schmeichel has made over 150 appearances and he's shit, living off his dads reputation.

I know some keepers bloom late but if he does want to leave, you can't really hold it against him.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:08 am

Its slightly unfortunate because before his injury he was playing really well and looked to be a number 1. But Sczcesny has come far and while his distribution is f***ing terrible, but he has the vital assist on his side and tats being a fans Favorite, something that Fabianski never was.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Git » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:15 am

Yorkyblue wrote:I can understand him really but if you have a player in front of you who is performing better shit happens and you do just have to move on. He's going to be 27 soon and not played many games at all. Even Kasper Schmeichel has made over 150 appearances and he's shit, living off his dads reputation.

I know some keepers bloom late but if he does want to leave, you can't really hold it against him.

Totally agree.

I wouldn't begrudge him for wanting to upsticks.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gzagee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Git wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:I can understand him really but if you have a player in front of you who is performing better shit happens and you do just have to move on. He's going to be 27 soon and not played many games at all. Even Kasper Schmeichel has made over 150 appearances and he's shit, living off his dads reputation.

Totally agree.

I wouldn't begrudge him for wanting to upsticks.

3rded.

If we're talking about mere margins between Fabi and Chesney I'd opt for Chesney as there's more to come from him. For all his deficiencies in his purported distribution I love his confidence between the posts. No matter what has happened a moment before he always puts it behind him, and he's either kept us in games this season or reduced the scoreline so far this season.
The jury's still out on Fabi in my opinion. He makes spectacular saves but i still don't think he's mentally as strong as Chesney.
If he does decide to leave I'd wish him well.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Jay22 wrote:Could see it coming, was only a matter of time..

Exactly what i was going to say.

Fabianski is better than Chesney but you can't really see it being fair on Ches who has IMO stepped up to another level this season if he were to be dropped.

Fabianski is far too good to be our Number 2 and has far too much pride to be stuck behind not only one of his best friends, but also a fellow pole who happens to be several years younger.

He was incredibly misfortunate to get a season ending injury but unlike outfield positions, once you lose your spot in goal, its incredibly difficult to get it back...

He has overcome his demons, funny that it took one game to break him and then one save to save him but thats the way it goes. I reckon he'll be a beast for whoever he goes to...If of course these quotes are actually true...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:17 pm

:wave:

I won't miss him. I think he's too highly thought of around here because we've grown too used to shit goalkeeping.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Leody wrote::wave:

I won't miss him. I think he's too highly thought of around here because we've grown too used to shit goalkeeping.

Leody , don't be so harsh on him mate ..He has come on leaps and bounds ..
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Re: Re: Frustrated Fabianski eyeing Arsenal exit

Postby Leody » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Leody wrote::wave:

Leody , don't be so harsh on him mate ..He has come on leaps and bounds ..

Still very average and wouldn't be first choice at most PL sides.

I know that's not a popular opinion around here, but people tend to view our players as more than they really are.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TartanRaven » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:17 pm

What's Wenger to do? Who ever whinges the loudest gets to be #1? Both are average in my book, so lets get Given and then we can clearly separate the turd from the gold.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:28 pm

TartanRaven wrote:What's Wenger to do? Who ever whinges the loudest gets to be #1? Both are average in my book, so lets get Given and then we can clearly separate the turd from the gold.

Why take another average keeper who can't command his box and distribute the ball?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski