Mayweather vs Ortiz

Re: Mayweather vs Ortiz

Postby Est83 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Alot of people are of the opinion that the longer Maywether waits, the more he'll make from the fight, and that thtat's the reason for all the stalling.

... not so sure myself, because the longer Maywether waits the less chance he has. He's the only one talking about retirement, his hands are crumbling, he's losing pace... and all this time Pacquaio's just getting better and faster, and pounding on larger fighter after larger fighter. It needs to happen while it's still a fight that people actually want to watch!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Est83 wrote:Alot of people are of the opinion that the longer Maywether waits, the more he'll make from the fight, and that thtat's the reason for all the stalling.

... not so sure myself, because the longer Maywether waits the less chance he has. He's the only one talking about retirement, his hands are crumbling, he's losing pace... and all this time Pacquaio's just getting better and faster, and pounding on larger fighter after larger fighter. It needs to happen while it's still a fight that people actually want to watch!!!

Actually Pacq has been talking about retirement as well, said he only thinks he has like 4 fights left in him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Fair enough, but Maywether's been talking about it since the De La Hoya victory.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm

I think Pacq is wanting to concentrate on his political adventures, so if this fight is ever gonna happen Floyd needs to man up and get this sorted. I doubt he will though cause he knows Pacq is a threat, so he probably would rather retire rich, and undefeated. He'll still be one of the greats and get into the hall of fame.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:39 pm

He'll definitely be remembered as a great... has there ever been a better defence in boxing? How many fighters can you name that are as fast or as clinical? :dontknow: not many!

But there have been very few occasions in boxing that would match Maywether vs Pacquaio. Peolple like to think up dream match-ups and take two fighters from different eras and say "if only they were fighting at the same time"... well these two are, it'd be such a shame if it doesn't happen. You'd think as a fan of boxing the Maywether would want it himself.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm

If Mayweather and Pacquaio never fight I think it will hurt boxing. If the sport cannot even get such a legendary moment to happen then it would be totally 100% shit, an absolute fail of major proportions.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:If Mayweather and Pacquaio never fight I think it will hurt boxing. If the sport cannot even get such a legendary moment to happen then it would be totally 100% shit, an absolute fail of major proportions.

Exactly.

UFC is fast taking over (if it hasn't already taken over), boxing does need this fight!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Previous

Return to Boxing