The ones that left the fold.........

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

The ones that left the fold.........

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:59 pm

Over the years we have seen many players come & go, some after being loyal servants, others after a short period of time, & some who have never even made the 1st team but have gone on to be successful elsewhere.

Who do you think we should have kept and who you would like to see return to the club if you had the choice ..... if any?

Mine are:

Vieira ~ We have never really replaced him.....until now, with Diaby showing glimpses of being the powerhouse that Paddy was.

Bobby Pires ~ Some may argue he was past it, and yes i do believe he should have accepted the 1 yr deal on offer, but Bobby was scoring more in a season than what our entire midfield combined is doing atm.

Ca$hl£y ~ As much as i hate him now, arguably one of the best left backs in the world, losing Cole over £5m leaves a bitter taste in the mouth, boards fault, until chelski-gate not Wengers.

Anthony Stokes ~ Say no more, was banging them in up in Scotland, even topping the league scorer table...then sold on to Sunderland.

Matty Upson ~ I still rue the day Wenger sold him!

David Bentley ~ Im still a little unsure here, but i think he should have been given more of a chance, despite his impatience for 1st team football.

I also sometimes feel that we shouldnt have sold Edu at teh time we did, losing both Edu & Paddy in the same season had detrimental affects in the midfield.
I rarely criticise Wenger, and some of those mentioned left of their own accord but i do think he was wrong about Paddy & Bobby.....Hindsight eh? ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rvtheace » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:34 am

Rosicky is more creative than the post-injury Pires, but very few can match his goal scoring abilities.

A combative midfielder who is not interested in the club serves very little purpose, so it's probably good that he left.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: The ones that left the fold.........

Postby CLS » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:11 pm

[quote="She_Gunner_Wales"]Over the years we have seen many players come & go, some after being loyal servants, others after a short period of time, & some who have never even made the 1st team but have gone on to be successful elsewhere.

Who do you think we should have kept and who you would like to see return to the club if you had the choice ..... if any?

Mine are:

Vieira ~ BIG MISTAKE ,BUT HE WANTED OUT EVERY SEASON SO...........

Bobby Pires ~ I WOULD OF GIVE HIM ONE MORE YEAR

Ca$hl£y ~ SHOULD NEVER SELL TO AS CLOSE RIVAL ESPECIALLY CHELSEA

Anthony Stokes ~ DONT KNOW IF HE WOULD BE BANGING THEM IN IN THE PREM

Matty Upson ~HE WAS OK WHEN WE SOLD HIM,BUT DONT RATE HIM NOW

David Bentley ~ WAS SUPPOSE TO BE NEW BERGKAMP,BUT IM NOT SURE EITHER
quote]
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby left right left » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:39 pm

would of loved wiltord to have stayed!!

and would love to see anelka up front with henry
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:54 pm

left right left wrote:would of loved wiltord to have stayed!!

and would love to see anelka up front with henry

But had we not sold Anelka, we would not have got Henry, cos it was the funds from that sale that bought us the latter......me thinks we got the better deal. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Piston Broke » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Get f***ked I'd rather poke hot needles in my eyes than see that c*** in an Arsenal shirt again.

Vieira ~ Shadow of his former self had tried to orchestrate his own move for 2/3 seasons on the trot his heart weren't in it anymore we were right to sell him.

Bobby Pires ~ Real sorry he decided to leave was a great player and complimented Henry very well they had a great understanding of each other Sorely missed but in Rosicky we have a good player but Pires was a one off

Ca$hl£y ~ Dirty Filthy Lying GAY c*** best shot of him Clichy's a better player anyway and i said as much before he left too to Well happy to see the back off him (would of prefered to have sold him abroad):P

Anthony Stokes ~ My Gran could Score in the SPL and she's Dead was never gonna make the grade good player but not good enough IMO

Matty Upson ~ Was sorry when he went he's a good player and would've got his chance in time but he couldn't wait so he forced his move shame really but not the end of the world.

David Bentley ~ far too inconsistent talented yes but only in little glimpses would never of made the grade had far too big a head on him being sold has brought him back down too earth best thing that could of happend to him

Volz ~ Good player offered good cover for his position highly under rated was sorry to see him go

Pennant ~ Was really sorry to see him go but his attitude stank like Bentley really got too big too young and listened to all the hype and believed it great freinds with Cashley what more needs to be said

Lupoli ~ Gutted we can't do more to keep him will be sorry to see him leave

EDU ~ My Biggest disappointment for a long time we should of pulled out all the stops to keep him but then maybe Cesc wouldn't of emerged but i still wish he'd stayed

Cambell ~ Burnt up Batty boy - CYA :P

Lauren ~ disapointing to see him go Arsenal Through & through but i can under stand his wish for regular first team football

Overmars ~ His departure upset me a great player but we got bobby in his place so a good bit of business but i did like him :)

Petit ~ a good player for us should of done more to keep him

Paul Merson ~ Absolute legend and a genius to boot was always gonna be sorry when he Left
:cry:
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby slappy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:52 am

Marc Overmars. Pure quality
slappy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby left right left » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:20 pm

Piston Broke wrote:

Get f***ked I'd rather poke hot needles in my eyes than see that c*** in an Arsenal shirt again.

Vieira ~ Shadow of his former self had tried to orchestrate his own move for 2/3 seasons on the trot his heart weren't in it anymore we were right to sell him.

Bobby Pires ~ Real sorry he decided to leave was a great player and complimented Henry very well they had a great understanding of each other Sorely missed but in Rosicky we have a good player but Pires was a one off

Ca$hl£y ~ Dirty Filthy Lying GAY c*** best shot of him Clichy's a better player anyway and i said as much before he left too to Well happy to see the back off him (would of prefered to have sold him abroad):P

Anthony Stokes ~ My Gran could Score in the SPL and she's Dead was never gonna make the grade good player but not good enough IMO

Matty Upson ~ Was sorry when he went he's a good player and would've got his chance in time but he couldn't wait so he forced his move shame really but not the end of the world.

David Bentley ~ far too inconsistent talented yes but only in little glimpses would never of made the grade had far too big a head on him being sold has brought him back down too earth best thing that could of happend to him

Volz ~ Good player offered good cover for his position highly under rated was sorry to see him go

Pennant ~ Was really sorry to see him go but his attitude stank like Bentley really got too big too young and listened to all the hype and believed it great freinds with Cashley what more needs to be said

Lupoli ~ Gutted we can't do more to keep him will be sorry to see him leave

EDU ~ My Biggest disappointment for a long time we should of pulled out all the stops to keep him but then maybe Cesc wouldn't of emerged but i still wish he'd stayed

Cambell ~ Burnt up Batty boy - CYA :P

Lauren ~ disapointing to see him go Arsenal Through & through but i can under stand his wish for regular first team football

Overmars ~ His departure upset me a great player but we got bobby in his place so a good bit of business but i did like him :)

Petit ~ a good player for us should of done more to keep him

Paul Merson ~ Absolute legend and a genius to boot was always gonna be sorry when he Left
:cry:

cool it bad boy!!! cool it son!!
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Arsenal Talk