Fabianski raring to go

Fabianski raring to go

Postby Trina » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Lukasz Fabianski is delighted to be back to full fitness after missing the second half of last season with a shoulder problem.

The Polish shot-stopper suffered the blow during the warm-up against Manchester City in January but played on to keep a clean sheet against Roberto Mancini's side at Emirates Stadium.

Fabianski underwent surgery to cure the problem in February and the 26-year-old is now looking to put his injury woes behind him and compete for Arsene Wenger's number one spot.
Pain

"I damaged cartilage and that was really irritating the shoulder," Fabianski told the club's official website. "They had to clear it and, because it was a bit loose, they had to tighten it up.

"I could play (against Manchester City) but three hours after the game I started to feel it. When I did it, I felt a massive pain in my shoulder but then it was gone after one minute. I started to move it around and it seemed to be okay.

"The day after, I didn't train and we played in the FA Cup and Carling Cup so I wasn't really involved in that. Then I tried to train but I dived once and that was it. But now everything feels fine."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 96,00.html
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Fabianski raring to go

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Fabi is 26 now? Feck me, time flies.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Is that true about his age or have they got it wrong? I thought he was youngish and that's why he hadn't had a break properly!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:19 pm

No, he really is 26...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:29 pm

I'm shocked. He really has to be first choice this year (which I'm sure he will) or he may as well leave.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm surprised too. I thought he was around 24.

Yorkyblue wrote:I'm shocked. He really has to be first choice this year (which I'm sure he will) or he may as well leave.

I bloody hope not. Wouldn't mind if he left I've got more faith in Chesney & Mannone than him. I've got a feeling he'll be handed the #1 shirt though after Almunia leaves as it seems Chesney is now #13
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Got a feeling he will be handed the Number 1 shirt as well, and you know what, i will be quite happy about it if he does.

Ches was good last season and he has a big set of brass balls, but he is not a better GK than Fabianski ability wise, not yet. Fabianski against Wolves, Man City etc was absolutely quality.

At 26 he is at an age where its make or break, if he makes it, we get a great GK, if not, we have quality in reserve. Ches is only 21, he has so many years to prove it, and he will get game next season if he isn't made number 1.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski