David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:40 am

CynicalGooner wrote:The heavy weight division is very disappointing at the moment. Neither Klitschko's would last 5 minutes against Lennox Lewis, granted he is one of the best ever but still. You do have to credit Haye for seeing the opportunity and going for it. He knows he's no heavyweight but that's where the money is

Vitali lasted 6 rounds against Lewis. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:46 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:The heavy weight division is very disappointing at the moment. Neither Klitschko's would last 5 minutes against Lennox Lewis, granted he is one of the best ever but still. You do have to credit Haye for seeing the opportunity and going for it. He knows he's no heavyweight but that's where the money is

Vitali lasted 6 rounds against Lewis. ;)

Knew someone would come out with that!

Ok neither would last 5 minutes against Lewis in his prime not old man Lennox who didn't bother training
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:42 pm

After the fight me and my mate went on Fight Night Champion and knocked Haye about with Lewis for a bit for embarrassing him at the entrance.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 am

Haye was all mouth and trousers after slapping around possibly the worst heavy weight in history. I'm looking at you Audley.

I don't follow the heavyweight division any more but I am personally glad he was totally out fought after all his shite. I just wish Klitckso had knocked him the f**k out. He's a t**t and got put in his place.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby liam_cork » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:32 am

thing is who can either of the klitckos fight? therre is no one that will pull in the money. e.g the fight was free here in germany brits paid his mouth as silly as it was brought in money, i wouldn't be shocked if he got another pop
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:36 am

liam_cork wrote:thing is who can either of the klitckos fight? therre is no one that will pull in the money. e.g the fight was free here in germany brits paid his mouth as silly as it was brought in money, i wouldn't be shocked if he got another pop

he will get another go with the other brother and he will pop him,fact is haye is not in the same class
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Bungle678 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:34 am

I think the press are going a bit far with the way they are lambasting Haye, you would think he put in a Harrison-esque performance the way they are attacking him. Fact is his punch stats in terms of shots landed to shots thrown were only slightly off Wlads and this is taking into account that Haye is a counter puncher matched up against someone who fights at range. He talked himself up a hell of a lot so his fall was always going to be a rough one if he didnt bring home the belts and he shouldnt have brought up the toe but as he said it was not an excuse it was an explanation, people were asking where he thought he lost the fight. End of the day he went 12 rounds with a dominating force of heavyweight boxing despite clear physical disadvantages and he got the sport on the back pages again which others have tried and failed to do...
Bungle678
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:51 am

Bungle678 wrote:I think the press are going a bit far with the way they are lambasting Haye, you would think he put in a Harrison-esque performance the way they are attacking him. Fact is his punch stats in terms of shots landed to shots thrown were only slightly off Wlads and this is taking into account that Haye is a counter puncher matched up against someone who fights at range. He talked himself up a hell of a lot so his fall was always going to be a rough one if he didnt bring home the belts and he shouldnt have brought up the toe but as he said it was not an excuse it was an explanation, people were asking where he thought he lost the fight. End of the day he went 12 rounds with a dominating force of heavyweight boxing despite clear physical disadvantages and he got the sport on the back pages again which others have tried and failed to do...

: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Boxing