The Elder Scrolls 5

The Elder Scrolls 5

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 01, 2011 3:14 pm

If you are an Elder Scrolls fanatic, which I must admit I am, prepare to do a sex pee in your underpants.

Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

The Elder Scrolls 5

Postby Git » Sun May 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Jizz.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun May 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Uh huh I'm looking forward to it. Probably get it on PC for the mods but might end up waiting a year to get the version with all the expansions included and less bugs

Theres a couple gameplay vids around somewhere
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun May 01, 2011 4:07 pm

f**k the Summer, its all about 11/11/11.

Someone pass me a Kleenex.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Looks awesome, Oblivion wasn't better than Morrowind in my opinion, but was a great game in its own light. Can't wait.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 01, 2011 5:44 pm

mg86 wrote:Looks awesome, Oblivion wasn't better than Morrowind in my opinion, but was a great game in its own light. Can't wait.

Oblivion had much better graphics (obviously) and the fighting system was a million times better, but I agree Morrowind is better.
If they take the best from both games Skyrim could be the perfect RPG.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Sun May 01, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm such a philistine. I thought it was a film. I was thinking "Elder Scrolls 5??? I haven't even heard of the first 4.." :redface:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Zedie » Sun May 01, 2011 6:11 pm

gzagee wrote:I'm such a philistine. I thought it was a film. I was thinking "Elder Scrolls 5??? I haven't even heard of the first 4.." :redface:

lol
Never played Morrowind, but if it was as epic as Oblivion and the two are combined, we're in for a treat. I actually completed Oblivion as well, over 50 odd hours of gaming. One of my top 5 games of all time.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun May 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
mg86 wrote:Looks awesome, Oblivion wasn't better than Morrowind in my opinion, but was a great game in its own light. Can't wait.

Oblivion had much better graphics (obviously) and the fighting system was a million times better, but I agree Morrowind is better.

I'd say the faces in Morrowind were better graphically, that's how dreadful they were in Oblivion!

I'm glad they're getting rid of the extreme close up when talking to people
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 01, 2011 7:00 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

I'd say the faces in Morrowind were better graphically, that's how dreadful they were in Oblivion!

I'm glad they're getting rid of the extreme close up when talking to people

I hated that also but I guess it was to try and give the NPC's some character. I also hope they get rid of the way the compass led you by the hand. In Morrowind it was often infuriating trying to find a certain cave or stronghold, but in Oblivion the compass ruined exploring for me. Keep the compass but just don't make it so easy.
Also get rid of being able to fast travel everywhere. Pointless introducing horses when you can instantly travel somewhere.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun May 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Both games modded look fantastic. My modded Morrowind looks better than Vanilla Oblivion although it took me 6 days of fiddling to install the 100 odd mods correctly. Morrowind is class but the combat does sucks compared to oblivion and since oblivion sucks compared to mount and blade I find Morrowind's combat system to be pretty dire. The overall game is well worth it though to look past the combat. Sadly my hard drive died before my Morrowind campaign really kicked in and I haven't had the heart to go through all that hassle to mod the game up to spec again (as the coding is woeful).

I agree with the Fabs that the oblivion compass makes it too easy but you can mod it out on the PC. My oblivion was on the PS3 and it was great but the ridiculous levelling system forced me to quit the game after 2 dozen or so hours play. I am looking for a GOTY PC version to appear in a local CEX and I will go grab it and do it properly.

I am looking forward to Skyrim but fear my PC will not be powerful enough.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Never had a comp with graphics card strong enough to run modded versions of Morrowind or Oblivion, but I remember you saying modded Morrowind was amazing Rev.
In the out of the box Morrowind it was far too easy to level up and basically become invincible (add to that the aid of super potions...and I used to make some mental ones), Oblivion fixed it a bit but if you upped your sneak and blade attack you could basicailly sneak around everywhere and seriously weaken any enemy in the game. I like the leveled enemies but it seemed a bit unbalanced, early game if you ran into a will'o the wisp you were dead, later only nether liches and gloom wraiths really effed you up.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Zedie » Sun May 01, 2011 9:09 pm

I remember the hours on end rambling through the wilderness and stumbling across some shabby cave that would take you a further hour to fully explore.

I literally stalled on the main quests because i used to get so caught up on side quests and random adventures.

Man i love Oblivion. Fallout 2 was excellent, but not as deep as ES4.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat May 07, 2011 10:39 am

11-11-11 is my bday... pretty cool :biggrin: ;)
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Phwoar
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Next