Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 22/05/2011

Re: Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 22/05/2011

Postby ProudGooner » Sun May 22, 2011 11:42 pm

Bergkamp64 wrote:I watched Wenger's post match interview with amusement and a degree of dismay . He was bound to be evasive but eluding to our 14 yr CL qualification as reason to be upbeat and suggesting that we haven't endured a relagation dogfight and the interviewer was pessimistic because it was his job to be was mystifying .
" Now's not the time to talk about that " .

"Nows not the time to talk about that".

When during the season he is questioned he said "Judge me in May".

So when we judge him he comes up with that answer. My only hope is that I saw in his eyes and in his expressions that he has lost hope with some players and that there is going to be pressure on him to deliver.

I know he is fed up of hearing "Arsenal have won nothing for 6 years" and I hope he will do something about it. Next season for me is Wenger's last chance. If there isnt a considerable improvement he has to go.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Sun May 22, 2011 11:48 pm

He'll never be honest with the media, he feeds them the same shit every time. But that's just him.

If he seems flippant about not winning anything for 6 years, believe me, that's just for the cameras. He doesn't seem so complacent when he's kicking the shit out of water bottles on the touchline.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon May 23, 2011 12:02 am

What an absolute shit end to the season.

We were in contention for 4 competitions blah blah blah. Like many people here I don't think we have a "right" to win anything, but when we bottle it at the same time again and again it becomes hard to take. I'd rather be out of the title race at Christmas than have that hope that we have finally turned a corner. Arsenal are a paper tiger, we have been for several years now.

Getting so close then bottling it hurts more than never having a chance.

As usual lets see what happens in the summer though............................
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby VCC » Mon May 23, 2011 1:05 am

THANK f**k THAT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby lucifer82 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:57 am

Regarding Wenger's post match comments - we're all gonna have different opinions. But, put things into perspective. Arsene is coilin up, he's in defence mode... but, he makes valid points. The CL qualification 14 years on the trot IS an achievement, it is. Simple as that. Some see it as an excuse for not winnin anythin, I don't. If we're moanin now, what we gonna be like next season if we don't get through the preliminaries and end up in the Europa, Thurs night games against teams from Lithunia, with Stan Collymore givin his poetic punditry. God helps us.I think this season Wenger has seen, and to his surprise and dismay our season tail off dramatically. A few posters have mentioned, righty so, in previous posts how injuries have scuppered previous seasons, whereas this season apart from missin Vermaelen and not havin Fabregas 100% fit when needed, we've been pretty much equipped for the final sprint of the run in. But we fell short. Wenger knows this. So when entry level journalists and internet pundits are attackin him or the club, I'd rather he spoke of what we have done than air in public any negative feelins about a player or players. What good does it do? He knows in his mind who's needed in the squad and who's not needed. I don't wanna be some soap opera club in the papers everyday fuellin the filthy rags and linin the pockets of the c*nts at rags like The Sun and The Mirror wiv sensionalist headlines and stories. We don't need all that. Leave that to Chelski.

People have created this Pro Wenger vs Anti Wenger thing and it's acidic. It's people desperate to say "I told you so!" an all that malarkey. Balls to all that. In March we were in a fantastic position. A squad that had been much harranged by the press and our fans, but up to March we were set up perfectly. The test was then to show that from there we could do it... and we didn't and there's no excuses. We didn't pull through because our squad as of now isn't capable. Whether it be mentality or what not. In March I believed that bein in 4 comps could actually be more trouble than it's worth. As it proved to be. The Carling Cup is nothin. It would have been pleasant to win, but nothin more. If we won that and still had the finish we had, people would still be moanin. In the modern age of football, no 'top' player gives that much of a monkeys about the domestic cups, least of all the Carling Cup and if anythin, the thing they most want to win is the Champions League. I don't believe winnin the Carling Cup would have suddenly turned out team into world beaters. It's a one off game that isn't that high in intensity, not that great in quality and isn't held in the highest of regards, so I don't think overnight our squad would have overcome some mental barrier. The week or so after we got run around by Barcelona. That affected our lot more, I think.

I'm in the "we need to spend this summer" camp, a firm believer. I'm pretty much sure Wenger will buy in the summer. How much/little that remains to be seen. I just try and put this season into perpspective. By Christmas we'd lost 5 in the league. Most season 5 defeats all season wouldn't win you a league. But somehow we got back in the mix durin a hectic period. But at the very end, after such a dramatic halt to our season, we finish 4th. We lost the plot when we knew the league was over, cos we are mentally weak and immature. Not what I or any of us wanted. 3rd is where I believe we're at. I think we're the 3rd best team in England, but statistics prove me wrong. 4th is failure, especially when we could have so easily got over the line. City finish 3rd and masquerade the FA Cup round like it's the be all and end all... that's a wallpaper job. Coverin over the cracks. The money they spend, the size of their squad... FA Cup? Well done, then. Mugs. Then you've 'Arry sayin that this is Tottenham's best season in PL history. Haha. They finish 6 points behind us, even though they took points from us and go backwards from a 4th place finish from last season. See you on Channel 5, Monkey Man. And I don't see the footballin media coatin off 'Arry or their squad...which incidentally we were told by their players, fans and media alike, was BETTER than ours. How much do they spend aswell? The best thing they did all season was to nail Birmingham's coffin. Then you've got Liverpool and, well... need I say nish?

All I'm sayin, yeah, it's not gone how we would have hoped but let's not irrational about things. Though, in all honesty, I think if Arsene doesn't bring home some silverware, at whatever level, I think that will be THE end of the era. He's seen a team capitulate various times durin this season, in different circumanstances, and I don't think he's blind. That's why I think they're will be movement in the summer. We'll just have to see how it goes.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon May 23, 2011 4:15 am

elkanofan wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
lastseeker wrote:We've lost the CC to a championship team and finished 12 points behind manure. Awful season. Worst since Rioch?

No, worst since 2009, that was a god awful season! We where shit all season in 2008/09 i mean at least we where good until March.

I disagree, we were good at some points throughout the season but we didn't keep it up
also, we finished with 4 more points in the 09 season that we did in this one
we also did far better in both major cups

That may be true but we where 5 points behind Villa in Feburary and played a game more.

We had shit like AdeBarndoor, Silvesture, D&D playing regularly etc..

We where truly hopeless until Arshavin came and dragged the team to 4th!

That season was much worse!

but that team showed they actually had some balls and dragged themselves up out of a bad position
this one does the exact opposite
also, I don't think we had a run of form anywhere near as bad in 09 as the one we're currently one... 1 point in 3 matches (not exactly against teams that are challenging for the league either)... only 3 teams have worse form, and 2 of them are relegated
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon May 23, 2011 4:19 am

elkanofan wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:At least Bham got relegated. f***ing Stoke let Wigan survive again and Wolves can do one too not turning up.

I f***ing HATE WIGAN AGGGHH f**k THAT TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

f***ing PISS ME OFF! JUST SIGN MERCENARIES! DO NOTHING ALL SEASON THEY SOMEHOW SURVIVE AT THE DEATH :angry:

apparently they have only been relegated once from any league in their entire history
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ProudGooner » Mon May 23, 2011 8:18 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
lastseeker wrote:We've lost the CC to a championship team and finished 12 points behind manure. Awful season. Worst since Rioch?

No, worst since 2009, that was a god awful season! We where shit all season in 2008/09 i mean at least we where good until March.

I disagree, we were good at some points throughout the season but we didn't keep it up

That may be true but we where 5 points behind Villa in Feburary and played a game more.

but that team showed they actually had some balls and dragged themselves up out of a bad position
also, I don't think we had a run of form anywhere near as bad in 09 as the one we're currently one... 1 point in 3 matches (not exactly against teams that are challenging for the league either)... only 3 teams have worse form, and 2 of them are relegated

Yes this is correct. The run of form we have had recently is the worse I can remember.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gunner Down Under » Tue May 24, 2011 6:48 am

ProudGooner wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Yes this is correct. The run of form we have had recently is the worse I can remember.

Yes 09 season was really crap but this season since after the B'ham game ( 26/2/2011) we have won 2 matches in the league.

One was against Man United of all teams, other was Blackpool. And the other game we won was against Barcelona in the CL.

Averaging one win per month. Good work Arsenal! Keep that record up and we'll be relegated next season. (NOTE MY TONGUE IN CHEEK!) :)
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11