David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Hopefully this fight is now on the road to being a reality, I really want this fight to happen

BBC wrote:David Haye's trainer and manager Adam Booth has claimed he has agreed a 50-50 split in an attempt to make a match with Wladimir Klitschko next year.

Booth had previously rejected talk of an equal split because WBA heavyweight king Haye brought more to the table through UK television revenue.

However, Booth now says all stumbling blocks have been removed for a heavyweight unification bout.

"We've sorted out all the old problems and disagreements," said Booth.

Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente was unavailable for comment, although Booth told the Guardian on Tuesday that Boente had already been offered the terms but was refusing to sign off on a deal.

Booth added: "We are now perfectly positioned to get together and make this fight with Wladimir Klitschko and are ready to sign the deal both Bernd Boente and I discussed.

"Despite the fact we know we bring more UK television money to the table, David and I are happy to split the entire pot 50-50 and grant Wladimir the deal he has wanted since day one.

"We have offered them 50-50 on everything - just as they requested - and now see no reason why this tremendous fight can't happen. The path is clear."

Haye, 30, added: "We have now ticked every box they have asked us to tick and I just hope Wladimir is as eager to fight as he tells everyone he is.

"We have removed every possible excuse and have shown we are serious about making this fight become a reality. I'll smoke him out if I have to.

"I only pray Wladimir is as serious as we are, because this fight needs to happen for the good of the sport."

Klitschko, the IBF and WBO champion, had been due to meet Haye in 2009 but the fight was called off after the Londoner suffered a back injury.

Earlier in December it was the 34-year-old Ukrainian's turn to pull out of a title fight because of injury, against Britain's Dereck Chisora.

Although Chisora insists he will not step aside and wants the fight he was contracted for, Haye said only Wladimir's camp have the power to decide if the fight goes ahead.

"Chisora is at their mercy, if they want to fight him they will, if they want me they'll fight me - it's up to them," he added.

A showdown between Haye and either Wladimir or his 39-year-old brother Vitali, the WBC champion, has long been discussed.

Haye said Wladimir looks the more realistic prospect, but the Londoner also insisted he will not delay his planned retirement - on his 31st birthday next October - to wait for it to happen.

"I'm going after Wladimir first, he holds the IBF, WBO and IBO titles so it'd be a big scalp to relieve him of those," said Haye.

"I'll retire in October next year - if [the fight] doesn't happen next year it won't happen, I'll just have to accept that becoming the WBA champion was enough and move on with my life.

"That'll be 20 years of getting punched in the face, which is a long enough time.

"I set my goals and achieved them so unifying the titles is the cherry on the cake but if it doesn't happen it wasn't meant to be and I've just got to get on with my life."

Haye admitted the coming year would be "tough" if he does not secure a unification fight, but he is prepared to pursue other options if necessary.

"I'll have to look out for good challengers. The mandatory challenger is Ruslan Chagaev, who is an awkward southpaw, but I've come off the back of training for a southpaw after the Audley Harrison fight," he added.

"It wouldn't be too hard to put that fight together and I'm sure he'll jump at the chance of challenging for the world title, but he'll get the same treatment as everybody else."

© BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9293972.stm

50/50 split, the boot is now in Klitschko's court.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

Postby gzagee » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:46 pm

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Sensible move going for Vlad, he's not as tough as Vitali although is the better boxer, in my estimation.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Est83 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:11 pm

gzagee wrote:LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Sensible move going for Vlad, he's not as tough as Vitali although is the better boxer, in my estimation.

Couldn't agree more. In terms of difficulty, Vitali is the more difficult opponent, and it would make sense leaving that one til last. I always doubted Haye could ever take Vitali down, but Haye's in his prime and Vatali should be thinking about retirement. August/September next year and he'll be even closer to retirement age.

Wladimir is the better boxer but Haye's an intelligent fighter, and better in my opinion. And atleast size wise Wladimir won't be as big of an obstacle. It'll be like climbing the Klitchko stairs one at a time. The thing about Wladimir as well, Chagaev embarassed him! Although that was more to do with Chagaev being a southpaw, I think in general Wladimir struggles with awkward fighters, and Haye can be awkward, and he alo hasn't lost one bit of pace since moving up a weight.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:52 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9343200.stm

I cannot believe that Vitali has pussies out of this fight with Haye and oppting to demolish another nobody!!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:02 pm

It's getting stupid now. The Haye camp have offered them everything they want.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gzagee » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:09 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9343200.stm

I cannot believe that Vitali has pussies out of this fight with Haye and oppting to demolish another nobody!!

i think it's Wlad who's done a runner.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Aye sorry I meant Wlad! ... Can't see haye beating Vitali if he does take him on though.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Surely he has to take that fight though. For ages now he's been on at fighting either one of them.

Haye hasn't been the most popular fighter outside the ring with the way he speaks about his opponents, but I really want him to do a number on one of the Klitchko's. Like I said above, I've always doubted whether Haye could ever beat Vitali, but pace is on his said and... "speed kills"!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Libertine » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:12 am

Vitali has a mandatory defence to fulfill so a fight with Haye can't be made at the moment.

It's good news for Chisora and, in a way, i'm pleased that Wlad is honouring his agreement to fight him.
But it now looks as if Haye will only get to fight one of the Klitschko's and it looks unlikely to happen before the Autumn.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Forest » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:23 pm

@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:26 pm

I hope this is set in stone, come on the Hayemaker!
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:I hope this is set in stone, come on the Hayemaker!

It is mate. Not got the exact date but it's deffo on! :D
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gzagee » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

Either 25th June or 2nd July.

Assuming Klitschko overcomes Chisora...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:52 pm

gzagee wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Either 25th June or 2nd July.

Assuming Klitschko overcomes Chisora...

That fights off isn't it?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Van The Man Persie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:16 pm

2 piss poor boxers going at it.

The heavyweight divison died when Lewis retired.

Need to see Mayweather v the Pacman.

Thats the fight the worlds wants to see
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Next

Return to Boxing