Nicklas Bendtner prepared to leave Arsenal this summer

Postby liam_cork » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 pm

• Denmark striker frustrated with lack of first-team opportunites
• 'I am at a stage of my career where I should play every game'

Nicklas Bendtner admits he may have to leave Arsenal this summer after becoming frustrated at his lack of first-team opportunities.

Bendtner is just returning to full fitness after injury problems this season. But the Denmark international, who will face England in Copenhagen on Wednesday, feels he has to play regular football.

"I have a lot of feelings for Arsenal and it means something great to me," he said. "I would be sad to leave it, but you have to think about yourself and, with the career goals I have, I cannot be sitting on the bench.

"That's the way it is. I will do my best for Arsenal throughout the season. Hopefully I will be there next season as well but we have to wait and see. But, if my situation at Arsenal doesn't change, I will have to look at it because I want to play football.

"I am at a stage of my career now where I think I should play every game and I should develop and score goals."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... er-arsenal
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Nicklas Bendtner prepared to leave Arsenal this summer

Postby liam_cork » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:37 pm

maybe he can go back to brum on loan
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:38 pm

He's right, he should play every game, just not for a big team like us.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:40 pm

I heard Newcastle made a late enquiry about him. I wonder if they'll make a bid in the summer?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Gunner_Paul » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:42 pm

He is better then Chamakh.
Oh to oh to oh to oh to be a gunner.....
Gunner_Paul
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:49 pm

:rofll:

This story is complete and utter bullshit, the original story about him wanting more playing time surfaced about a week ago, they have taken his quotes and added to them.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I think he knows that he will not start ahead of rvp if he's fit.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:32 pm

More shite as usual.
Do people ever check the Arsenal web site before responding to these threads?
It was only about two weeks ago that he said the exact opposite.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: January 29th. Not even two weeks ago:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ul-to-club

Bendtner - I've always been faithful to Club

By Chris Harris

Nicklas Bendtner is on a high after scoring the goal that propelled Arsenal towards the Carling Cup Final.

The Danish striker produced a moment of magic to break Ipswich's resolve in the Semi-Final second leg at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday, bringing down Jack Wilshere's raking pass and cutting inside a defender before curving a shot into the far corner.

Arsenal went on to secure a 3-1 aggregate victory and set up a Wembley showpiece against Birmingham on February 27.

Bendtner's future has been the subject of media speculation this season, thanks largely to the intense competition for striking places in Arsène Wenger's team. But the Dane insists his commitment has never wavered.

"I’ve always been faithful to the Club and to the fans and the manager and I’m sticking with that," said Bendtner.

"I have a lot of feelings for this Club and I have been here for a long time. It’s pleasing to show the manager, every time you play, that you are ready and he can have confidence in you.

"I’m looking forward to it [Wembley] so much, it will be the first time for me to [have a chance to] win a trophy and some of the other lads. We will do anything we can and give 100 per cent to win that."

Bendtner only has eyes for Huddersfield right now as another road to Wembley continues with a Fourth Round tie at Emirates on Sunday. But when the Carling Cup Final homes into view he thinks it could be a catalyst for greater success.

"Yeah, definitely. It’s the start of something bigger," he said. "If we win that it will give not only a confidence boost, but a trophy which is something we haven’t had for a long time. It can spark confidence in the other matches, especially against Barcelona.

"We’re thinking about that but we also have an important game on Sunday. When the Final does come up, that’s all we will be thinking about. But now we are just taking it one game at a time."

[Saturday, January 29, 2011]
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Yeah good point Inch!!

Don't you people know that when a player says he's loyal and doesn't want to leave, that its set in stone. Just like Henry. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:47 pm

to be honest, i wouldnt be suprised if he left. As we all know, his ego is huge. And he is NOT gonna be our number 1 striker as long RVP is at the club.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 pm

You mean as long as RvP is fit.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Werent the same articles being written this time last year anyways.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:56 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Yeah good point Inch!!

Don't you people know that when a player says he's loyal and doesn't want to leave, that its set in stone. Just like Henry. ;)

Ok well done, bring up the one example that contradicts this interview. Most players are telling the truth when they say it and maybe Henry was as well but he changed his mind...
Doesn't mean we should ignore every player whenever they say they're committed to the club just in case they're going to 'do an Henry'.

Anyway all I've done here is post an interview from the same man as liam cork did but from a far more reliable source. It's up to you which source you believe.

Dejan wrote:to be honest, i wouldnt be suprised if he left. As we all know, his ego is huge. And he is NOT gonna be our number 1 striker as long RVP is at the club.

He doesn't expect to be our number one striker. He's never said he does either.
He's well aware that there's a queue of good strikers at our club and that he has to earn his place in the queue, he's said it many times.
The whole ego business is hugely exaggerated.

Forest wrote:Werent the same articles being written this time last year anyways.

Yeah they say it every year.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Yeah good point Inch!!

Ok well done, bring up the one example that contradicts this interview. Most players are telling the truth when they say it and maybe Henry was as well but he changed his mind...
Doesn't mean we should ignore every player whenever they say they're committed to the club just in case they're going to 'do an Henry'.

Anyway all I've done here is post an interview from the same man as liam cork did but from a far more reliable source. It's up to you which source you believe.

Dejan wrote:to be honest, i wouldnt be suprised if he left. As we all know, his ego is huge. And he is NOT gonna be our number 1 striker as long RVP is at the club.

He doesn't expect to be our number one striker. He's never said he does either.
He's well aware that there's a queue of good strikers at our club and that he has to earn his place in the queue, he's said it many times.
The whole ego business is hugely exaggerated.

Forest wrote:Werent the same articles being written this time last year anyways.

Yeah they say it every year.

I was just messing with ya Inch. Honestly though, why should any of us believe players these days? I think we've all been in agreement that loyalty doesn't exist in football anymore, and would they really say anything different anyway?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby liam_cork » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Report: Nicklas Bendtner on Milan radar

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/report-nic ... lan-radar/
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams