Mannone Goes On Loan To.......

Re: Mannone Goes On Loan To.......

Postby Maxduke » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:07 pm

He was on the bench at weekend, Matt Duke played ahead of him.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gould » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KteG8jsa ... r_embedded (cant get the youtube box to work for some reason
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Forest » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:32 pm

He might be off permnantly though this doesnt say too much.

Vito Mannone is open to extending his stay with Championship outfit Hull City and is refusing to rule out a permanent transfer. Mannone is on loan to The Tigers until January and manager Nigel Pearson is keen to prolong the Italian’s stay.

The 22-year-old has made three appearances for Hull; keeping two clean sheets and making a selection of stunning saves. The switch came a matter of weeks after a damming interview in the foreign media, where Vito revealed his frustration at Arsène Wenger’s management of the club’s much talked about goalkeeper situation.

The criticism led to speculation that Mannone’s future is away from the Emirates. Hull could open up an escape route and in an interview with The Yorkshire Evening Post, he refused to rule it out.

“I don’t know what will happen. If the club is happy, and I’m happy, then we’ll sit down and make a decision.”

Vito went on to speak about his time at Arsenal; revealing a conversation he had with Wenger about his position.

“Wenger wanted me to play outfield. Sometimes I even train outfield to improve a little bit. I always liked to play outfield as well.”

“I played only one game outfield when I was five. I changed my mind and asked my dad if he could ask my manager to put me in goal. From that time I never came out of the sticks.”

Mannone will be keeping the gloves on, but whether he’ll be keeping goal for Arsenal in the future, it remains to be seen.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/12/mann ... hull-stay/
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:03 pm

He says he wants to play, he gets shipped off to Hull.

Chesney moans about how he should be ahead of where he is, gets a fat pay rise and gets promoted to Number 2...

Nice.

By all accounts though, he has been fantastic for them thus far, i hope he continues to do well, far too good for the Championship though.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Stats-wise how has he done?
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:14 pm

2 clean sheets in 3 games, conceded in one but was great.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Good stuff, especially with the Hull City defence infront of him
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:47 am

Just thought some peeps might like an update...

Since Mannone started playing for Hull, they have only conceded 2 goals away to Boro in a game they drew, the other 4 have been clean sheets with Mannone picking up the MOTM award for 3 of those games.

They have also won 3 and drawn 2 of their last 5 games since Mannone came in, up until he started playing they had only won 3 in 16...

He has an average fans rating of 8.5 and by all accounts has been a revelation for them and has pretty much single handedly been responsible for their recent surge in form.

I really like Mannone but i don't have high hopes for his Arsenal future, i always knew it would come down to him and Szczesny and regardless of Mannone's form i always knew AW would choose the Pole, once he starts favouring players no others will get a look in.

Anyway, long may he continue to do well.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:21 am

Noticed since he went in goal they started to get some results.

Is Dukes fit again?
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:54 am

Nice update GG.

:hail: Mannone :hail:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:21 am

Had another great game against Sheffield Utd yesterday (Boxing day)

Thats the 4th game out of 6 Hull have won since Mannone came in and they have only conceded 4 goals, now upto 15th in the table.

Jay Simpson has scored 4 in his last 2 as well.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:00 am

Bartley ended up brawling with one of their players too :lol:

Other 2 were draws, hes unbeaten bascially.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 am

Mannone for No.2
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Forest » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:27 am

Mannone has had a fruitful time with Hull City, capping off what has been a fantastic spell with a penalty save from Reading’s Shane Long at the weekend. Vito has continued his 100% league record, having never been on the losing side with Arsenal or Hull. A selection of great stops and clean sheets have left The Tigers desperate to hang on to the Italian

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/12/news-round-up/
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu May 26, 2011 9:51 am

Gets a good review from a Hull newspaper here:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-ne ... -hull-city

Loan Review: Vito Mannone - Hull City

Vito joined Championship side Hull on a short-team deal in October and was initially expected to return to Arsenal in January.

The 22-year-old excelled at the KC Stadium and didn’t experience defeat in seven games before the deal was extended until the end of the season at the start of January.

He endured a two-month spell on the sidelines with a thigh injury but returned in April to help Hull to a 3-1 win over Doncaster, pulling off a series of vital saves. The goal Vito conceded in that victory was only the sixth time he had been beaten in over 13 hours of football.

Hull took 21 points from the ten games the Arsenal loanee featured in before a shoulder problem ended his season prematurely in April.

Nick Wood of the Hull Daily Mail:

“He came in January, has done exceptionally well ever since and he seems to have enjoyed it. I know, from speaking to him, that manager Nigel Pearson has been very impressed with him. Pearson said that Mannone was the first-choice goalkeeper when he was fit.

“Unfortunately, he got an injury and that led to Hull getting another loan goalkeeper, Brad Guzan from Aston Villa. Mannone then came back but suffered another injury. But the time he did play coincided with Hull’s resurgence in form and he would have been responsible for them getting to within touching distance of the play-offs.

“He commands his area very well, he is a good shot-stopper, his distribution is very good and he looked the part. With him behind the back four, Hull let in very few goals and, when he was in the team, they had their best run of form.

“Hull went on a record-breaking run of 17 away games without suffering defeat and he was very much a part of that. With him behind the back four they were extremely hard to beat in that period.

“Up until the end of April, Hull were a formidable side and looked like they were going to make the play-offs. They ran out of steam and that was without him in the team. If he had stayed in the team they probably would have had a better chance.”
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to 24. Vito Mannone