Pacquiao vs Margarito

Re: Pacquiao vs Margarito

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Apparently Margarito is having surgery from the beating he took.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:29 pm

He almost went blind Chris, i am not surprised.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:28 pm

I've recorded this fight, cant wait to watch it tommorrow now :D
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:50 pm

He actually went easy on Margarito in the final round. He kinda motioned to the ref to stop it in the 11th.
But credit must also go to Margarito, although he's a cheat he has more heart & courage in his little toe than Ordinary Harrison will ever have in his boxing life.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 pm

I was so glad he managed to get through. Some real heart and spirit there.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Yorky mate, I think you're the only non Mexican/Mexican-American that did want Margarito to hit the canvas and hit the cavas HARD!

Either way I was happy. The best thing about it going for 12 rounds was seeing Pacman do the impossible and dominate a ridiculously bigger opponent for 12 rounds solid.

The man really is the best. When he's pressured and in survival mode he throws punches blind that are fast and accurate. His counters are so deadly they'll drain any confidence you have in attacking the man. When he's attacking his punches come from ridiculous angles that you just don't see coming, and even if your defense is good and you try to counter, and have some success drawing him out and actually hitting him on the counter (as Cotto did in the early rounds), he'll just counter your arse back with greater effect. Even if he does the unthinkable and goes up to light middleweight (might as well have considering the size of Margarito) his footwork is good enough to get him out of any situation, and he'll just bring the game back to his greatest attribute... speed! Speed kills!

I really can't predict how a Pacman Maywether fight will go. Maywether would obviously be more comfortable on the back foot, maybe even on the ropes, Pacman's just comfortable anywhere and everywhere! They both have ridiculous speed, some would say Maywether's faster, I would say Pacman, and Pacman definitely has the power in my eyes.

It has the potential to all end in a first round blur of counter punches!.. literally a blur!!! One thing's for sure, no matter how long the fight goes on for, it will be technically sublime, with clean clinical punches from start to finish.

Shame it's never gonna f**king happen!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:38 am

I wanted Pacquiao to annihilate him and i got my wish.

My favourite boxer around now by far, and he is so humble as well.

His speed is not even his biggest attribute, its just pure intelligence and power, he will go toe to toe with any boxer and better them in all departments.

If you want a slug fest, he will slug it out better than you, if you want speed, he will be faster than you, if you want power, he will be stronger than you.

And if you like to fight the intelligent, counter fight, he will be smarter than you.

Like i said, a complete boxer and considering he has come through 12 weight classes, thats just incredible.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Well personally I would say that speed is his greatest attribute. I've seen boxers grow and move up weights naturally, and then try to force the weight on unnaturally to move up even more divisions... and that's usually where things f**k up!

The freakish thing about Manny is that atleast 4 of the divisions he's moved up through have been done after his "filling out" stage. All his extra weight is unnatural, and because of that it should slow him down. Instead, that Gad damn freak is just getting faster and faster!

De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey and Margarito, I would say are all stronger than Pacman. Those swollen eyes appear gradually, and you rarely see him knock f**kers out with a power shot. It's usually always a clean shot to the button on the chin that no-one saw coming, timed to perfection!

F**k me, looks at those names again... De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey and Margarito. It's not like he's moved up and just fought bums, he's moved up and fought the best!!! What's to stop him going up to light middleweight? He's already beaten Cotto afterall! He might as well if he can't get a fight out of Maywether! Cotto might fancy a second chance at his prefered weight, and that's what all his fans were bitching and moaning about after his was toyed with for 7 rounds!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Mayweather has much more pressing issues right now, he's looking at jail time, and just got told by the authorities, he can't go anywhere near his ex and kids. So that will be at least another good excuse for him not to fight Manny.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:06 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Apparently Margarito is having surgery from the beating he took.

Not surprised! His face and especially eye looks shocking. Only just got around to watching it, in 11th round now.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby gzagee » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:11 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Mayweather has much more pressing issues right now, he's looking at jail time, and just got told by the authorities, he can't go anywhere near his ex and kids. So that will be at least another good excuse for him not to fight Manny.

He's done some tax dodging as well. So he may well have to fight just to clear his debts.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:27 pm

I watched this fight last night and was just blown away with how good the Pacman really was.
He gave away such a weight and height advantage to Margarito yet he dominated him fully throughout the fight... Even though he went up in weight he still kept his blistering speed and power.

His accuracy of puches is also unreal.. He hits with such consistent power and accurancy, ive never seen a fighter like him. By far once of, if not thee best boxer Ive ever seen.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:13 pm

By the time Margarito got in that ring he would have been at light middle weight. Cotto's the champ at light middle weight right now, and Manny's beaten Cotto before... why not go up another weight? :dontknow:

He'll go for Valuev next... my money would still be on Pacman :hiding:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby markwhite » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:15 am

pacquiao would fight mosley this may! mayweather makes up all these reasons not to fight pacquiao! what a wimp!!
Links removed by Jay22. Please do not put any links in your sigs/posts. Thanks.
markwhite
Liam Brady

Postby VCC » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:24 am

markwhite wrote:pacquiao would fight mosley this may! mayweather makes up all these reasons not to fight pacquiao! what a wimp!!

I grew up with Muhamid Ali as my boyhood hero,Manny is the only boxer to even get close and in some ways surpass Ali.Manny is far too good for Mayweather it wouldnt be close,sugar Shane wont either.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Boxing