Fabianski reborn?

Re: Fabianski reborn?

Postby Leody » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Zedie wrote:The real test for Fabianski is when he makes another schoolboy mistake. How he reacts to that will probably be the making or breaking of him. If he completely looses all confidence again, then his time will be up. If he mans up and gets on with it, we might well have a new number 1.

Great point. I think he'll handle it better now, because he seems to have handled conceding goals much better recently. Granted, the goals he's allowed this year were more or less unsaveable so it is easier to handle, but he's seemed to have been motivated by them and not hanging his head.

Good showing so far, let's hope he keeps it up. :arse fan:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Soon Fabianski will get a long 'illness' and Szczensy will step in and wow us all
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Zedie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:29 pm

As long as we have one 'go to' guy in goal, im not really fussed! I do think Almunia has had his chance and failed and ive never seen Chesney play at all so couldnt really comment on his ability.

Mannone looked decent in the few games he has stepped in for sicknote and Fabi but is he ready for a decent run? I cant wait to see who's in goal for Wednesday...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Massa wrote:Soon Fabianski will get a long 'illness' and Szczensy will step in and wow us all

Hope not otherwise someone will come and offer him a big contract.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:24 pm

He's been in fine form and showing us what he can do and I do expect him to go on from here. However, he will make mistakes still, there's no doubt about it. He's a young keeper and alot of the judgment calls keepers have to make are improved from experience, but let's definitely hope that this isn't just a blessing from the gods but rather the real Fabklutzski!
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Zedie wrote:The real test for Fabianski is when he makes another schoolboy mistake. How he reacts to that will probably be the making or breaking of him. If he completely looses all confidence again, then his time will be up. If he mans up and gets on with it, we might well have a new number 1.

I think we've already seen one or two flaps at corners/crosses from him and he's just seemed to have got on with it (literally one OR two... not three!) I think it was GG that mentioned that lately when he does have a slight flap, or lets in a goal (not that many lately could be put down to him) there's no sad face, just anger! The criticisms may have just pushed him over the edge and made him absolutely f**king mental... the way a keeper should be!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:18 pm

I almost miss seeing him flap
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Massa wrote:I almost miss seeing him flap

Get out.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Est83 wrote:

I think we've already seen one or two flaps at corners/crosses from him and he's just seemed to have got on with it (literally one OR two... not three!) I think it was GG that mentioned that lately when he does have a slight flap, or lets in a goal (not that many lately could be put down to him) there's no sad face, just anger! The criticisms may have just pushed him over the edge and made him absolutely f**king mental... the way a keeper should be!

I did notice a bit of froth on the side of his mouth after he face palmed Shabbybayor during that clearance attempt the other day.

What i wouldnt give for a psycho keeper like Crazy Jens Lehmann again, now that guy was a proper loon.

Video evidence provided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvGJkFf5 ... re=related
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:49 am

just read someone say now they would like to see him against samba
i guess thats on the back of wookashs average performance against blackburn last season?
how about fabianskis very good performance in our carling cup win up there in 08/09
i.m looking forward to seeing karl pilkington do the samba
i bet its as average as christopher was that night
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:13 am

You gotta love Karl Pilkington....

Anyway isn't Adebayor a pretty similar size anyway...?
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Told you so! ok ok, hes still got at least 10 -15 ordinary performances minimum before hes proved me right, but still, what a performance today.

Take a bow son, take a bow *in my best condesending/self-righteous Andy Gray accent*
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:30 am

He needs to be consistent, i think he has been, all keepers make mistakes, its how they respond to those mistakes that define them.

He put IMO a small mistake behind him and put in a MOTM performance, how many games since coming in has he been MOTM? Its quite a few.

I really like Fabianski, he has ridiculous ability and its beginning to show.

All he needs to do is learn how to flatten players, IMO the defence isn't doing him any favours, so if he thinks he needs to come for the ball, he should NOT be caught in two minds about it, he should flatten anyone in his way, regardless of whether they are oppo, or wearing red and white.

May sound like i am jumping the gun, but there are not many 25 year old (Who just turned 25) Goalkeepers out there with more ability than Fabi.

He has a really good attitude as well.

I would say, come January, if he continues to be as good as he has been thus far, then he should be made number 1 with no hesitation.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:54 am

GunnGunn wrote:
He put IMO a small mistake behind him and put in a MOTM performance, how many games since coming in has he been MOTM? Its quite a few.

Did you hear McCarthy after the game?
"That lad cost them the game against Newcastle and today he was brilliant."

Twunt.

I would say, come January, if he continues to be as good as he has been thus far, then he should be made number 1 with no hesitation.

I've noticed that Almunia's elbow STILL hasn't recovered....

:sneaky:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby singaporegooner » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:11 am

Inchpractice wrote:I've noticed that Almunia's elbow STILL hasn't recovered....

Any chance of him injuring the other elbow as well??
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski