Is RvP still the main man? or is it time....

Re: Is RvP still the main man? or is it time....

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Translation:

That good chap Robinous van Persieus in the season of 2008 was our best player.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:13 pm

thanx..sir
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby golfinguy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Popey wrote:
golfinguy wrote:Its why I thought Chamack was not enough all along. We need a top top striker with RVP. Partner someone like that with him and we're beyond deadly. When RVP is out (inevitable it seems), we still have a top class striker.

I like what Chamack has done, but he's not the top class guy I wanted. Not with the frailties of RVP to deal with.

So, don't sell off RVP - he's quality.

wenger will not buy what you want! you will never see wenger buying a player like torres, villa or higuain.

I've rather resigned myself to that fact. I probably couldn't even name you the guy I want to be honest, just knew Chamakh wasn't it. Was hoping Walcott would become that guy - finally showed some potential this year, then he got hurt as well. What are we to do, the injury front is one we lose every season recently.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 pm

im sorry but wenger being an arrogant. Incompitent t**t who would refuse to pay for a replacement is not an argument for or against. it is simply another reason to ship out the manager.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Ok, get rid of the manager

but could you see the board sanctioning £25-£30 million for a world class striker?
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Forest » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:15 pm

lol every thread you make seems to lead to AW out somehow.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Anyone who thinks wenger would sell rvp and not replace him and on the other hand thinks he is still the best man to be manager of our club is a disgrace. im sick of peoples attitudes toward him. think about what you are saying. You are admitting that he probably wouldmt replace a key player and suggesting that is just normal and not totally unacceptable. imagine the idea of red nose selling rooney and not replacing him. Wouldnt happen. And their fans wouldnt find it a laghing matter either.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Forest » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:50 pm

Man utd cant afford to replace Rooney if they sold him, after all they've got Bebe.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:01 pm

UFGN wrote:Anyone who thinks wenger would sell rvp and not replace him and on the other hand thinks he is still the best man to be manager of our club is a disgrace. im sick of peoples attitudes toward him. think about what you are saying. You are admitting that he probably wouldmt replace a key player and suggesting that is just normal and not totally unacceptable. imagine the idea of red nose selling rooney and not replacing him. Wouldnt happen. And their fans wouldnt find it a laghing matter either.

Yeah, can you imagine Utd selling a player like Ronaldo, "the best player in the world" for a record £80 million fee and not replacing him?

Oh wit.......
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Goose wrote:
UFGN wrote:Anyone who thinks wenger would sell rvp and not replace him and on the other hand thinks he is still the best man to be manager of our club is a disgrace. im sick of peoples attitudes toward him. think about what you are saying. You are admitting that he probably wouldmt replace a key player and suggesting that is just normal and not totally unacceptable. imagine the idea of red nose selling rooney and not replacing him. Wouldnt happen. And their fans wouldnt find it a laghing matter either.

Yeah, can you imagine Utd selling a player like Ronaldo, "the best player in the world" for a record £80 million fee and not replacing him?

Oh wit.......

Firstly, Ronaldo is simply not a replacable player,like for like. Rvp most deffinately is.
Secondly, red nose thought he had replaced him as far as possible with valencia. Error of judgement on his part imo but valencia could still turn out to be good for them

UFGN

Postby Forest » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:24 pm

UFGN wrote:
Goose wrote:

Oh wit.......

Firstly, Ronaldo is simply not a replacable player,like for like. Rvp most deffinately is.
Secondly, red nose thought he had replaced him as far as possible with valencia. Error of judgement on his part imo but valencia could still turn out to be good for them

hes about a third of Ronaldo, plenty more players far better.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:29 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Goose wrote:

Oh wit.......

Yeah but better players = more money and we all know most of that 80m has gone to paying the interest. Well everyone except man U fans anyway
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:31 pm

I dont think whiskey nose was under any illusion that Valencia could replace lady boy. The man is far from stupid. The mancs are not the force in the transfer market they have been and he brought in probably what they could afford.
Valencia is a very decent player, he's not ronaldo but no way anyone except the most idiotic mancs would ever expect him to be.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:32 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Goose wrote:

Oh wit.......

Exactly and Ronaldo was playing as a CF for Utd with Rooney as a LW, so you are telling me that Utd couldnt find a goal scoring CF?

David Villa?

Plus Utd also let Tevez go

Who did they bring in?

Owen
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Good point Goose. Fergie had NO choice but to let lady boy go, but Tevez was a f**k up. And replacing him with a crocked over the hill striker was even worse.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie