Qualification Group D

Qualification and finally the tournament itself in Poland and Ukraine. All talk about it in here including live match chat.

Qualification Group D

Postby SE13 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:53 pm

France
Romania
Bosnia-Hercegovina
Belarus
Albania
Luxembourg

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Qualification Group D

Postby silverfox » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:04 pm

Interesting to see that Laurent Blanc has said he will not pick any of the players that attended the World Cup (I say attended as to say they played in it would be stretching it! :biggrin: ).

It means as far as Arsenal are concerned that Clichy, Diaby and Sagna will not be in International action against Norway in a friendly on the Wednesday before the Premier League kicks off which is a good thing for us, the down side is Nasri will almost certainly be in the squad!

With their first Euro 2012 qualifier at home to Belarus on the 3rd September I wonder how nmany of the World Cup squad will be in that squad, or weather they will follow ex Gunner Nicolas Anelka into International retirement :)
silverfox
Liam Brady

Postby Forest » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:05 pm

France 0 - 1 Belarus :grin:
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby silverfox » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:23 am

Amazing! and some people say England have problems :)
silverfox
Liam Brady

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:33 am

Just watched the France game highlights. They were woeful, change of manager changed nothing. All the same failings as us. Nice pretty football and no end product, can't defend to save their lives and lumbering idiots when not in possession. Clichy massively at fault for their goal.

No surprise that when France are shit that we are shit eh.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby silverfox » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:39 am

Have to agree with you Cynicalgooner. Gone are the days when France and Arsenal had Petit, Vieira, Henry and Pires in their ranks and it does not take a footballing genius to see the likes of Clichy, Sagna, Diaby etc are not on the same Planet as their peers, though I feel a fit Nasri will help the French cause and of course our own.
silverfox
Liam Brady

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:50 am

France doing shit, blame Arsenal.

NICE.

Anyone would think their whole f***ing team was made up of Arsenal players.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby silverfox » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:54 am

No one is blaming Arsenal GunnGunn and if that is the impression I gave I am sorry, what I was trying to point out was the gulf in class since the late 90`s.

Personally I do not care if France lose every game and I would happily see no Arsenal players involved in Internationals as it is then less likely they get injured and miss games for us! :)
silverfox
Liam Brady

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:00 pm

GunnGunn wrote:France doing shit, blame Arsenal.

NICE.

That wasn't the point. what I'm saying is it's no surprise we are shit right now when you look at the French team, which does have a lot of Arsenal player in it. Ergo, we have too many average French players.

Wenger's obsession with signing his countrymen was bearable when they were actually quality players, but now they are clearly not.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Gulf in class maybe but at the end of the day, Sagna and Clichy are class full backs who would get into most teams in the World and Diaby is good for them in midfield.

I don't really care if they play shit for France though because that entire team is a shambles and our players are the only ones who give a stuff about playing, one or two players don't make a team though.

In the World cup Sagna and Diaby were the only players who played for pride and look where it got them, roped in with those other twats.

Anyone expecting France to suddenly become better overnight is clearly in a different World, the problems in that team go far deeper than what Domanech did to them...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:05 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:France doing shit, blame Arsenal.

NICE.

That wasn't the point. what I'm saying is it's no surprise we are shit right now when you look at the French team, which does have a lot of Arsenal player in it. Ergo, we have too many average French players.

Wenger's obsession with signing his countrymen was bearable when they were actually quality players, but now they are clearly not.

So Sagna and Clichy are shit?

Is that what you are saying, because it sounds to me, like you are saying they are shit?

As for Diaby, he does well for France, maybe not for us on a consistent basis.

2 players, don't make a team, and only 2 of our French players feature regularly for France.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Well as I argued for a long time I think the Diaby praise was ridiculous, he was just as poor as everyone else in the world cup squad and made the same old f**k ups time and again.

True about Sagna but you can rarely fault him, he's an 8/10 every week kind of RB. The thing is, we bought him as a ready made player, not as a 'promising' teenager. Those are the ones that annoy me. I've no problem with Squillaci either, for example.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:15 pm

GunnGunn wrote:So Sagna and Clichy are shit?

Is that what you are saying, because it sounds to me, like you are saying they are shit?

As for Diaby, he does well for France, maybe not for us on a consistent basis.

2 players, don't make a team, and only 2 of our French players feature regularly for France.

I'm saying our French players are average and Diaby is shit. But my original POINT is that you look at how France play, you look at how we play. It's identical, exactly same blinding mistakes. What are the common denominators? A lot of French players (not all necessarily in the national team) and a French manager.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:15 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Anyone expecting France to suddenly become better overnight is clearly in a different World, the problems in that team go far deeper than what Domanech did to them...

They have partly the same problem with have, used the same team for years and suddenly the next generation have no experience and hardly any caps and will take longer to gel than if they gave others a chance.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:17 pm

Diaby did well, it was OTT, but he was their best player, not saying much though is it?

Clichy was understudy to the best LB in the World, and subsequently for a time, became the best LB in the World, now he is easily in the top 5 and has been since he was about 20.

I think the "French Revolution" bullshit is greatly exaggerated, we have 6 French players in our 25 man squad, Clichy, Sagna, Diaby, Kollosus, Squillaci and Nasri.

Only 2 of those feature regularly for France so at the end of the day its rubbish really isn't it?

If you look at our full squad, as in all our U21 who are on the fringes of the first team, the amount of English players to French is 10 to 1.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to UEFA Euro 2012