Not Good Enough

Re: Not Good Enough

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Thu May 06, 2010 6:04 pm

UFGN wrote:Well if you apply that logic you would never change managers because there would never be a good time. Generally managers do not leave when all is well at a club.

Out of interest and this isn't me asking because I think your wrong, but who would you have replace Wenger? A lot our players are geared for one type of football especially in midfield.

I would agree with the idea that no manager should be seen as invincible as I do think questions have to be asked about Wenger as regards to areas regarding transfer policy. Though I would still give him another year to see who he gets then if another year of disappointment Wenger may have to start looking at the job centre because I don't know how much further he could go.

For me what pissed me off the most was like last year the team tried until April and then did f**k all. We got to two semi finals last year and did absolutely dog, we had a great chance this year to really challenge for the title then the team just gave up. He goes on about this great team moral but surely if they had such a great spirit they would still be there?
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Thu May 06, 2010 6:04 pm

True, but I don't think now is a good time and Wenger isn't exactly running the club into ruin.

Sure it would be nice to have won something in the past few years, but it isn't like we're struggling to stay in the top flight or anything. It would be best to let him leave on his terms and when the current players know in advance. I think there would be a backlash from some of them if Wenger was unexpectedly sacked.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Popey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Fabianski determined to win over the fans

"As a player you have to prove you deserve a chance," said Fabianski.

"I can understand every single shout against me and it can only motivate me to play better and work harder.

"But of course I am going to do everything in my power to show that I deserve to be respected. Then maybe they [the Arsenal fans] will start singing my name - that would be wonderful."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... r-the-fans

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:58 pm

He can talk the talk...

But can he walk the walk?

I'm betting against it :D
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunner Down Under » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:43 am

It's the same with Almunia.

He's heard all the crap we've hurled against him for the last 2 seasons, and it's been the same if not worse.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Not Good Enough

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am

Fabianski needs a prolonged run in the side to get his issues sorted, the problem is however that for us to give him that chance would be suicidal, he should be loaned to a team that can give him that chance.

He has all of the ability but none of the mentality and call me stupid but i think a Goalkeepers mentality overides ability, you need a certain level of ability but if you can command respect and lead from the back then it will all fall into place.

Goalkeepers need an iron mind, Fabianski's problem is that he cares too much, if he concedes he should suck it up, spit the ground, get angry and just f***ing rape his box, he is a f***ing mountain with great reflexes, he should be dominating all aspects of his box.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby liam_cork » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Goose wrote:Loan him to Accrington Stanley

they wouldn't take him
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Popey » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:50 pm

the problem with flappy is that everytime he got his chance he doesn't take it

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:31 pm

GG I couldn't agree more.

Having played keeper for about a decade I know a little more than the average person about what it takes.

You have to have the memory of a goldfish, the reflexes of a cat and the aggressiveness of a pit bull. Everything you've ever been taught about keeping has to be as natural as instinct. You can't think about anything while on the pitch.

Flappy isn't there yet.

And as I've said before in this thread, he's never going to reach that point with Arsenal. He's damaged goods and will not be able to clear his mind while here.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:37 pm

I used to be a keeper myself before moving to the wing, and if i conceded i wouldn't give a shit, i would just focus on keeping as many out as possible from then on.

I didn't give a shit who was in front of me, whether it was the opposition or my own team mates, i would throw all 6ft 5 of me and a good 16 stone (Then) behind it to clear or catch the ball.

I would literally threaten to beat the shit out of my defenders if they didn't pull their socks up...

This is what we should be seeing from Fabianski...

Thing is, Fabianski showed a lot of promise, more promise IMO than Chesney, but that one Chelsea game, much like with Senderos, f***ked him up and he has snowballed, luckily, his ability is not in question, his mentaltiy is.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 pm

He's got the talent, I'm so sure of that. But as said before, he needs to get the confidence back! I dont want him to be sold, because he is still young. I hope he gets on loan for 1 year and gets an alot of games which raises his confidence and experience and hopefully see the better side of him when he's back at the club!

I know he can do it.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Wenger - Don't blame Fabianski for Keane goal

“You can't blame him for that goal because he touched it and when a goalkeeper touches the ball you always think he should stop it,” said Wenger

“But if he dives and doesn't touch it nobody speaks about it.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... keane-goal

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Van The Man Persie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:02 pm

It was a weak ass shot and he got a good hand to it and it still went in.

If that had been a pass back from a defender, he'd have just walked over to the ball and control it with his foot. Thats how weak it was.

Fabianski isnt good enough. Almunia is a decent number 2. The other Polish guy, ive never seen but his attitude is all messed up.

We need a keeper
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Alright that does it, Wenger has officially gone bonkers. Get the men in the white coats.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Wenger rarely admits when his players are to blame, but I still think he knows deep down he should've saved that, but he'll never say that to the media.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to 21. Lukasz Fabianski