Evidence suggests the whole ball wasn't over!

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Re: Evidence suggests the whole ball wasn't over!

Postby dunkdafunk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:53 am

why can there just be a siren which sounds when the whole of the ball crosses the line?
This would save the problem of interrupting the game.

Might be annoying during warm up, or the odd time when someone is offside and still shoots.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Briggsy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:16 am

dunkdafunk wrote:why can there just be a siren which sounds when the whole of the ball crosses the line?

Might be annoying during warm up, or the odd time when someone is offside and still shoots.

this is used in hockey but I see faults with that what happens if a player crosses the line?
then your going to say put a microchip in the ball, the ball gets kicked and the micro chip will get damaged
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:56 am

mmm.. It took ze Germans 44 years to even things out.. So WC 2030 England will knock Argentina out of the world cup with a "hand of god" goal..!!
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:00 am

Might as well compare the goals. Both were clearly over the line too. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:01 am

Briggsy wrote:
dunkdafunk wrote:why can there just be a siren which sounds when the whole of the ball crosses the line?

this is used in hockey but I see faults with that what happens if a player crosses the line?
then your going to say put a microchip in the ball, the ball gets kicked and the micro chip will get damaged

I thought they were going to use extra linesmen this WC to stand behind the goal or there abouts? I'm sure they trialled it somewhere recently.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:06 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Might as well compare the goals. Both were clearly over the line too. ;)

yep.. I think they both were..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooneritis » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:06 am

lol at the sweaties, paddys and other bitter fans harping on about "justice" for 66' LOL.

it's not even that similar, england went on to score again against german in 66' and replays and modern technology suggests it probably did cross the line anyway so how can it be 'justice'? even if the 66' goal was disallowed we still scored again, germany didn't, it wasn't as though the krouts had had a goal disallowed to prevent them equalising thus changing the course of the game just as it did last night.

for the record i think we'd still have gotten beat yesterday and i refuse to defend a terrible team who were outclassed but...justice for 66'? lol what a load of bitter wankness.
Last edited by gooneritis on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 am

i don't think a tennis style siren would work at all.
it's far easier to simply have a 4th official watching the replay and within 30 seconds can indicate the correct decision via microphone.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:24 pm

gooneritis wrote:lol at the sweaties, paddys and other bitter fans harping on about "justice" for 66' LOL.

it's not even that similar, england went on to score again against german in 66' and replays and modern technology suggests it probably did cross the line anyway so how can it be 'justice'? even if the 66' goal was disallowed we still scored again, germany didn't, it wasn't as though the krouts had had a goal disallowed to prevent them equalising thus changing the course of the game just as it did last night.

for the record i think we'd still have gotten beat yesterday and i refuse to defend a terrible team who were outclassed but...justice for 66'? lol what a load of bitter wankness.

Do you have an on/off switch?

Is there anything that doesn't get you going? I am not the slightest bit bitter, its called banter. If it was Ireland, Scotland or Wales you'd likely be taking part in the slagging.

Take a chill pill, get a cup of coffee count to 10 and stop being a t**t.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:30 pm

its true its Karma end of its like Ireland got knocked out because of a injustice of a bad refereeing decision much the same way as Ireland scored a the most dubious penalty against georgia
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Briggsy wrote:its true its Karma end of its like Ireland got knocked out because of a injustice of a bad refereeing decision much the same way as Ireland scored a the most dubious penalty against georgia

True we did get a very dodgy penalty so maybe it was karma with the hand ball, and again maybe it was karma that France went to the WC and were a laughing stock.

Shit happens. I am quite sure the Germans will say it was karma that Fat Franks goal wasn't given. Unfortunately Sepp Blathering idiot probably doesn't give a damn and it still wont sway his decision not to implement some type of goal line technology.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 pm

I think it is time to call in the video evidence why its squits lol
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby freddybhoy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:11 pm

gooneritis wrote:lol at the sweaties, paddys and other bitter fans harping on about "justice" for 66' LOL.

Take the lemon out your arse mate! It's a wind up. Nothing more, nothing less. As for us "sweaties" being "bitter", read your post back again and tell me who's bitter? We've known since time began that we'll amount to very little in the grand scheme of all things football, bar the occassional brush with glory. However, we had our "delusions of grandeur" moment in Argentina in 1978 :crybaby: , much to everyone's amusement south of Hadrians :rofll: . England fall into that trap every four years, much to OUR amusement. It's called sporting rivalry and we'll carry on giving as good as we get! You'll no doubt get plenty more opportunities to laugh at our expense. And what's more, I'll be here to face the music! :)
ONE VOICE, ONE LOVE, ONE FAITH, ONE CELTIC
freddybhoy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Popey » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Fifa and Uefa = joke!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:37 am

freddybhoy wrote:

Take the lemon out your arse mate! It's a wind up. Nothing more, nothing less. As for us "sweaties" being "bitter", read your post back again and tell me who's bitter? We've known since time began that we'll amount to very little in the grand scheme of all things football, bar the occassional brush with glory. However, we had our "delusions of grandeur" moment in Argentina in 1978 :crybaby: , much to everyone's amusement south of Hadrians :rofll: . England fall into that trap every four years, much to OUR amusement. It's called sporting rivalry and we'll carry on giving as good as we get! You'll no doubt get plenty more opportunities to laugh at our expense. And what's more, I'll be here to face the music! :)

Post of the month. Our first world cup was 1990, we take anything we can get.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010