Whoever Makes The Last Post Wins

Re: Whoever Makes The Last Post Wins

Postby Trina » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:35 pm

SE13 wrote:It's alright for some!

I am waiting for my beer to be delivered. Too cold for me outside, so sent the mother-in-law down.

Bonus really, getting rid of her for half an hour, and having the beer delivered..... Life is sweet!

:lol: :lol:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Whoever Makes The Last Post Wins

Postby SE13 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:11 pm

Trina wrote:
SE13 wrote:It's alright for some!

I am waiting for my beer to be delivered. Too cold for me outside, so sent the mother-in-law down.

Bonus really, getting rid of her for half an hour, and having the beer delivered..... Life is sweet!

:lol: :lol:

Better still, I am now demolishing the supplies, and she has taken my youngest two back to hers for the weekend. It's that quiet here, I thought I had gone deaf!

I think I might ring my own mother, and invite her for dinner on the proviso that she cooks it :lol:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fordy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:46 pm

Leeds utd are on sky tonight so thats my night sorted
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:36 pm

I'm going on this annual pub hop tomorrow. We start at one end of this very long road and hit every pub on the way to the other end, everybody drinks one beer, some more, and then we head to the next pub, I think there is 16 pubs to hit. Should be a blinder.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:22 pm

Have a good one!

I remember going on a few pub crawls myself, brilliant nights :lol:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:36 pm

should be good, I'll try and take pictures and post next week. :l:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:48 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I'm going on this annual pub hop tomorrow. We start at one end of this very long road and hit every pub on the way to the other end, everybody drinks one beer, some more, and then we head to the next pub, I think there is 16 pubs to hit. Should be a blinder.

You should try the Westgate run in Wakefield. Abotu twice as many places to go on that road. :P
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I'm going on this annual pub hop tomorrow. We start at one end of this very long road and hit every pub on the way to the other end, everybody drinks one beer, some more, and then we head to the next pub, I think there is 16 pubs to hit. Should be a blinder.

You should try the Westgate run in Wakefield. Abotu twice as many places to go on that road. :P

If I had a beer at all 32 places I would die. But..... that does sound like fun.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:12 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

If I had a beer at all 32 places I would die. But..... that does sound like fun.

ive done 34
Fordy

Postby Trina » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:13 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

We live 5 minutes away from the Westgate run, it certainly is a good one :D
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:14 pm

Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

ive done 34

:shock: WOW!! 34, I bow down and applaude you. You'll have to take it easy on me then if I ever make it over there.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:15 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

ive done 34

:shock: WOW!! 34, I bow down and applaude you. You'll have to take it easy on me then if I ever make it over there.

i was drinking diesal aswell
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:17 pm

I'm not familiar with diesal is that a stronger beer? Or liquor? And was this through out the course of a whole day, morning to night?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:20 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I'm not familiar with diesal is that a stronger beer? Or liquor? And was this through out the course of a whole day, morning to night?

it half a pint of strongbow(cider) and half a pint of 1664(larger) and a bit of blackcurrent and it wason a sunday afternoon
Fordy

Postby SE13 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:21 pm

We have the 18 pub challenge here as well. From the Southern City Boundary, taking the only main route to lead you to Lincoln High Street, where The Stonebow sits means passing, or calling in on 18 pubs.

The challenge is run several times a year, and you must have at least a single short, or half in each establishment on the way, and a lot of money is raised for charity because of it.

Those who make "The 19th" are given a free half, the money donated by those pubs en-route.

Now to try to name all 18.......... *Hic*

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Famous past threads