B52 Bomber...

Re: B52 Bomber...

Postby Fabby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Leody wrote:
gunngunn wrote:So, we need someone who will score more than 8 goals in 10 games and create 5 as well?

I don't get the criticism if i am honest, yeah, he has his off moments but he has been brilliant since coming back and playing regularly.

And let's not forget he's doing this with the pressure of being our only attacking option right now... playing basically a lone striker with two wide attacking mids that are rarely going to do more than cross the ball into the box.

The results given the situation are very very praiseworthy.

LOL, you make it sound like he's a soldier and last man standing against an army. If your a big ass target man, get used to having to do a lot yourself. Its your job.

And GunnGunn completely see your point about the goals and assists etc its quite f***ing impressive, and I'm not going to give him a hard time about some of his misses because lets face it, if you strike the ball a couple of millimetres either side its the difference between scoring and missing so you can't be too harsh.

But like ChV says he isn't that clinical player we need yet, obviously very useful and very likeable but not of starting quality yet. But in 3/4 years yeah he will be quite something when he learns how to bully defenders and beat a man etc, but for now, nah.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Fabby wrote:
Leody wrote:
gunngunn wrote:So, we need someone who will score more than 8 goals in 10 games and create 5 as well?

I don't get the criticism if i am honest, yeah, he has his off moments but he has been brilliant since coming back and playing regularly.

And let's not forget he's doing this with the pressure of being our only attacking option right now... playing basically a lone striker with two wide attacking mids that are rarely going to do more than cross the ball into the box.

LOL, you make it sound like he's a soldier and last man standing against an army. If your a big ass target man, get used to having to do a lot yourself. Its your job.

And GunnGunn completely see your point about the goals and assists etc its quite f***ing impressive, and I'm not going to give him a hard time about some of his misses because lets face it, if you strike the ball a couple of millimetres either side its the difference between scoring and missing so you can't be too harsh.

But like ChV says he isn't that clinical player we need yet, obviously very useful and very likeable but not of starting quality yet. But in 3/4 years yeah he will be quite something when he learns how to bully defenders and beat a man etc, but for now, nah.

Yea, you explained it a bit better........ thanks. :lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Fabby wrote:
Leody wrote:

I'll go with that, Chv was trying to convey the same point i think but then again he is American so i will let him off.

He still has a lot to add to his game but he will, that i am sure of.

And right now in this kind of form, i am happy with him leading the line.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:23 pm

gunngunn wrote:
Fabby wrote:
Leody wrote:

I'll go with that, Chv was trying to convey the same point i think but then again he is American so i will let him off.

:lol:

Cheeky f***er!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:27 pm

:lol:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Bar Chelsea, we have the best second choice CF in the league.

I would have Bendy over Berbatov, NGog etc..... anyday.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Berbatov has more skill than Bendy but doesn't have any where close to his heart, attitude, or work rate. Fuse them two together and you have a very good striker.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:32 pm

gunngunn wrote:
Fabby wrote:
Leody wrote:

I agree Gunn, I'm not saying the boy is perfect and we should scrap every other forward in our development program and hand him the record for most goals scored in an Arsenal shirt and the world player of the year trophy or anything like that...

I think you guys are expecting him to be equal to RVP, Rooney, Torres, Drogba, Villa etc... Well he's not and we're not saying that he is. But he is more than worthy of pulling on the shirt and partnering RVP week in and week out in my opinion. He is certainly without a doubt our second best option with all forwards currently in the squad healthy and if you want to buy a better player it will cost a mint to do so.

Yeah, he isn't 100% complete as a player. But, what he does do which is work his freaking socks off and create space for himself and that has and will lead to a good goal return. Yes he may be missing the ability to bet defenders off the dribble, but he is still able to find the net w/o that. That isn't his game, but it also isn't a problem.

If he did add that to his game he would be a top 5 striker in the world... and I think expecting him to do that before he is worthy of starting is unrealistic.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabby » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Goose wrote:Bar Chelsea, we have the best second choice CF in the league.

I would have Bendy over Berbatov, NGog etc..... anyday.

Oh come on, I know we pretend we don't like them n' all, but Tottenham have Crouch remember?

:sneaky:
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:47 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Too many people are too quick to judge and put too much pressure on a CF who is only 22yrs old.

Im not saying Nik is the best we have ever had, but he works hard & has saved our skins in more than a few games this season, Long may it continue!
He may have missed chance after chance v Burnley but we still won & then he went on to prove his doubters wrong by getting a hatrick v Porto.....again i remind you he is just 22 yrs old!
He has the makings of a great forward & i hope he becomes just that.

Adebayor was worshipped by some arsenal fans and look at the amount of chances he had to have before finding the back of the net, yet people started to have faith that he would find the goal....again Arshavin & Theo are not the most prolific yet i dont hear them being slagged off & getting as much critism as Bendy.

FFS give the lad a break, he scored a difficult goal against Barca last night, we may not have won but at least he showed up.

All that is great Helen and I agree, but that still doesn't make him a good player. Yes he is 22 and he may get better, but he ain't that good right now. Its not against the law to think Arsenal players aren't good. It doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan than you. I ain't blaming anything on him, and yes other players deserve criticism too, but this is a Bendtner thread isn't it?

Lets get one thing straight here, just because our opinions may differ that does not mean i question your support or loyalty to the club, or claim that so & so is a better supporter blah blah blah So dont even go there good boy! ;)

Bendtner is all we have atm, obviously we cannot sign players outside the window & thank god for small mercies that he aint injured as well! Would you rather Vela, Eduardo, Theo or even Arshavin to play as a lone striker? Because effectively that is how he has been played reverting the formations from a 4-3-3 to a 4-5-1.
Not ONCE did i say he is the best we have got or even had, but i would like to see him succeed as he matures rather than fail.
He may not be the best in the prem or even at Arsenal, that is reserved for RVP when he isnt actually injured but Bendy's not as shit as you make him out to be either. :shifty:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm not making him out to be shit, nor did I say he was. I'm just saying if we want to be a top team and win something we need better. Is he our best option right now.... unfortunately yes.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:08 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I'm not making him out to be shit, nor did I say he was. I'm just saying if we want to be a top team and win something we need better. Is he our best option right now.... unfortunately yes.

I say with him as a 2nd option beside RVP we're more than strong enough to win anything.

Everybody would love a pairing of 2 world-class strikers, but nobody has that. Like Goose said, aside from Anelka, Bendy is the best 2nd option in the EPL. And to find better in the summer would cost more than Wenger would spend or the board would ever authorize.

If people think Chamakh is going to step in and make Bendy look excess to requirements I think they're going to be let down.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Leody wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I'm not making him out to be shit, nor did I say he was. I'm just saying if we want to be a top team and win something we need better. Is he our best option right now.... unfortunately yes.

I say with him as a 2nd option beside RVP we're more than strong enough to win anything.

Everybody would love a pairing of 2 world-class strikers, but nobody has that. Like Goose said, aside from Anelka, Bendy is the best 2nd option in the EPL. And to find better in the summer would cost more than Wenger would spend or the board would ever authorize.

If people think Chamakh is going to step in and make Bendy look excess to requirements I think they're going to be let down.

I agree with all that. My whole point is that he shouldn't be our first option. Some on here said he should.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:20 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I agree with all that. My whole point is that he shouldn't be our first option. Some on here said he should.

I must have missed that or interpreted it differently. He should partner RVP. RVP is our first option and to think otherwise is foolish. A healthy RVP is world-class and can lead the line on almost any team in the world.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:32 pm

I agree that we need another forward but i dont think it should be because we should get rid of Nik, he is a developing player and alongside RVP i think he will improve his game, i dont think the lone striker suits him.

Anyway thought id add the list of important goals which he has scored for us this season, on the back of 20+9 apps:

* 3rd goal of the game, Arsenal's 1st after going 2-0 down to Standard Leige, he kick started Arsenal's hopes getting us back into the game. FT: 3-2

* Scored winning goal v Liverpool in the Carling Cup. FT: 2-1

* Scored only goal of open play before Fabregas scored the injury time pen. FT: 2-0

* Scored equalising goal after going 1-0 down to sunderland. FT: 3-1

* Hatrick v Porto, scored 1st 2 goals before finally getting his hatrick 90th min penalty FT: 5-0

* Scored winning goal v Hull in 90th min. FT: 2-1

* Scored injury time goal v Wolves FT: 1-0

Edit: If ive missed any feel free to add. ;)
Last edited by She_Gunner_Wales on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner