B52 Bomber...

Re: B52 Bomber...

Postby niko197 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:09 pm

ChVint22 wrote:While I agree that Nick works hard and his best attributes are creating space and getting on the end of crosses with some great headers, I still don't think he should be a first choice striker for Arsenal ever, he simply doesn't have enough talent in finishing, link up play, and agility to be a good enough striker to beat teams like Barca, Mancs, Chelsea or any of the other top teams in Europe. I like his attitude and work rate but and that goes along way, I'd take him any day as a squad player, but he just doesn't have good enough on the ball skills for me. I don't care what his stats are, stats don't tell everything about a player, I watch him play every game and he can't do some of things other top strikers do, that we need him to do.

agree with that, he has many flaws but i din't want to talk about that in this thread.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Nick is one of the players in our squad who I want to keep indefinately, the sentence that he is an old fashion CF with a new age style is bang on, he is a special player.

He is one of those players that is not worth marking as he goes all over the place. Many strikers don't do anything if they haven't got a ball to run onto or hold up because they can't really but Nick has close control dribbling skills, he doesn't mind being in a crowd and he has decent passing and link up play with a willingness to use it.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Nick is one of the players in our squad who I want to keep indefinately, the sentence that he is an old fashion CF with a new age style is bang on, he is a special player.

He is one of those players that is not worth marking as he goes all over the place. Many strikers don't do anything if they haven't got a ball to run onto or hold up because they can't really but Nick has close control dribbling skills, he doesn't mind being in a crowd and he has decent passing and link up play with a willingness to use it.

I don't agree with that Rev. Against shit teams he looks like he has those skills cause they don't pressure him as much, but as soon as he gets pressured, he gets all skittish and thats when you can see his lack of skill. Plus, 8 times out of 10 his touch is not what it needs to be.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Too many people are too quick to judge and put too much pressure on a CF who is only 22yrs old.

Im not saying Nik is the best we have ever had, but he works hard & has saved our skins in more than a few games this season, Long may it continue!
He may have missed chance after chance v Burnley but we still won & then he went on to prove his doubters wrong by getting a hatrick v Porto.....again i remind you he is just 22 yrs old!
He has the makings of a great forward & i hope he becomes just that.

Adebayor was worshipped by some arsenal fans and look at the amount of chances he had to have before finding the back of the net, yet people started to have faith that he would find the goal....again Arshavin & Theo are not the most prolific yet i dont hear them being slagged off & getting as much critism as Bendy.

FFS give the lad a break, he scored a difficult goal against Barca last night, we may not have won but at least he showed up.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Too many people are too quick to judge and put too much pressure on a CF who is only 22yrs old.

Im not saying Nik is the best we have ever had, but he works hard & has saved our skins in more than a few games this season, Long may it continue!
He may have missed chance after chance v Burnley but we still won & then he went on to prove his doubters wrong by getting a hatrick v Porto.....again i remind you he is just 22 yrs old!
He has the makings of a great forward & i hope he becomes just that.

Adebayor was worshipped by some arsenal fans and look at the amount of chances he had to have before finding the back of the net, yet people started to have faith that he would find the goal....again Arshavin & Theo are not the most prolific yet i dont hear them being slagged off & getting as much critism as Bendy.

FFS give the lad a break, he scored a difficult goal against Barca last night, we may not have won but at least he showed up.

All that is great Helen and I agree, but that still doesn't make him a good player. Yes he is 22 and he may get better, but he ain't that good right now. Its not against the law to think Arsenal players aren't good. It doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan than you. I ain't blaming anything on him, and yes other players deserve criticism too, but this is a Bendtner thread isn't it?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:48 pm

What good strikers out there are also good passers though honestly?

RVP is one of a very small group of strikers that are also good passers of the ball... most are not.

Bendy not being a good passer is fine, I don't want him playing in the midfield. I want him getting forward and into attacking positions and then shooting.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Leody wrote:What good strikers out there are also good passers though honestly?

RVP is one of a very small group of strikers that are also good passers of the ball... most are not.

Bendy not being a good passer is fine, I don't want him playing in the midfield. I want him getting forward and into attacking positions and then shooting.

Its more than just passing, and there are plenty of good passing strikers. Its his touch, his agility, and ability to get past a defender. He just doesn't have "it" yet. It may come, but I just don't get all the praise. He still has a ways to go in my book, and I don't think he should be anything more than a squad player when we have a fully fit team.

If you could take Nicks work rate and ability to create space and combine it with some of the brilliant things Arshavin does then he'd be good. Again, he ain't shit, far from it, but just not good enough in my eyes to lead our line yet.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby whee » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Bendtner will get better. He already scores goals, gets into positions, holds the ball up well and plays with heart and desire.

He's going to become exactly what we were all crying out for a few seasons ago. A Centre Forward who can attack the ball with his head. He's a great option to have and i'll give him all the time in the world to develop.

Nobody else at the club splits opinion quite like Bendtner, but surely if the bloke shows the desire and passion that he does, we should give him the time and support him - not slate him.

No, he's not Henry. But give the lad a chance to develop and see how he gets on.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm

He's completely won me over this season.

His work rate is second to none, he's up there scoring goals, racing back to save our bacon. There can't be too many blades of grass he doesn't cover in an average game.

Oh, and he has years and years left in him yet, in which he will do nothing but improve.

Not to mention a goal in Barcelona against the so called best team in the world, and denied only by a brilliant save in the first leg.

Bendtner is everything we have been missing for a long time up top, and the faith is coming to fruition.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:57 pm

whee wrote:Bendtner will get better. He already scores goals, gets into positions, holds the ball up well and plays with heart and desire.

He's going to become exactly what we were all crying out for a few seasons ago. A Centre Forward who can attack the ball with his head. He's a great option to have and i'll give him all the time in the world to develop.

Nobody else at the club splits opinion quite like Bendtner, but surely if the bloke shows the desire and passion that he does, we should give him the time and support him - not slate him.

No, he's not Henry. But give the lad a chance to develop and see how he gets on.

I agree with all of that, and I am giving him a chance, but he just ain't there yet, so as of right now we need better, cause we seem to have too many players right now that we're waiting on them to develop.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:03 pm

So, we need someone who will score more than 8 goals in 10 games and create 5 as well?

I don't get the criticism if i am honest, yeah, he has his off moments but he has been brilliant since coming back and playing regularly.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:07 pm

gunngunn wrote:So, we need someone who will score more than 8 goals in 10 games and create 5 as well?

I don't get the criticism if i am honest, yeah, he has his off moments but he has been brilliant since coming back and playing regularly.

And let's not forget he's doing this with the pressure of being our only attacking option right now... playing basically a lone striker with two wide attacking mids that are rarely going to do more than cross the ball into the box.

The results given the situation are very very praiseworthy.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Leody wrote:
gunngunn wrote:So, we need someone who will score more than 8 goals in 10 games and create 5 as well?

And let's not forget he's doing this with the pressure of being our only attacking option right now... playing basically a lone striker with two wide attacking mids that are rarely going to do more than cross the ball into the box.

The results given the situation are very very praiseworthy.

Indeed...

Chamakh is not as good as Bendtner IMO, so if you are wanting better, you aren't going to get it.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Gunn, like I said stats don't tell everything. Most of his goals our from his work rate, and most of them are headers or tap ins. His goals our a product of our play as a team and his hard work and ability to create space. He's still missing the ability to take a good touch away from a defender and finish. He's 22 so hopefully that will come with time, but my whole point is he ain't ready to be a starter yet. We need a striker who can do all of that now, not wait for another player to develop.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Well...if he is a developing player i can't f***ing wait to see how he is in 3 years time...
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner