Tower Block of Commons

Re: Tower Block of Commons

Postby Goose » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:57 pm

The self cert thing went on for a long time, it's what led to the property crash

Where it failed is that a lot of people bought flats in shitty high rise tower blocks in run down estates and are mow forced to live there forever because noone will buy the property off them.

They can't get another council home because they are now classified as homeowners and they can't force a move, some of the flat owners likened it to prison, as they can't leave.

The government should buy them back.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby gzagee » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:12 pm

And the reason why folks are stuck there is cos the Govt changed tack and made the discount for buying homes a flat-rate.

When my folks were looking to buy their house off the council in the 80's we had a long, long list of properties to choose from. Along with the discount on offer those days we could afford to buy a decent house due to the fact we were council tenants for years. So, self-certs wouldn't have been an issue due to the prices of property back then. Remember, you could get a 4 bedroom victorian house off the council in Brixton/Stockwell/parts of Clapham for less than £100k, easy. Now you're looking at anything starting from £400k.

All this whilst the average salary in the UK HASN'T increased at the same rate.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:12 pm

And I dare say the same for the area you grew up in as well.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 pm

This is getting better with each episode.
The more I see of that Austen cock the more I hate him though, and blondie really gets on my tits as well.
The MP rap today was a total tragedy but fuckin funny. The kids recording it were trying not to piss themselves.
:grin:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Goose » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 pm

That had me in stiches

I even saw one of my old friends from Acton begging for some chicken at the BBQ, I havent been around South Acton since I used to hang around there as a teen, that is one hell of a nasty estate, they have even shown the bad parts lol
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Previous

Return to TV