WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:06 pm

Popey wrote:every year its the same story about wenger out. this season we have a good team with depth. we had a great start of the season expect the manU game but we lost only because of 2 individual mistakes. we are still in the race for the league and the CL. so don't panik. and from what I've seen so far we are playing better than manU, chelsea and pool.

We ain't playing better than Chelsea..............................yet! :sneaky:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Popey wrote:every year its the same story about wenger out. this season we have a good team with depth. we had a great start of the season expect the manU game but we lost only because of 2 individual mistakes. we are still in the race for the league and the CL. so don't panik. and from what I've seen so far we are playing better than manU, chelsea and pool.

How can you say we have a good team with depth. We have the same squad as last season with Vermaelen and Senderos replacing Toure and Adebayor. Whilst we have offloaded two players whose hearts weren't in it and signed one quality CB, the rest of the squad is pretty much identical to the one that fell short last season! Injuries to Song, Gallas or Vermaelen would ruin our chances of silverware!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

So this depth you speak of...You wouldnt just be talking about the natural progression of players we already had?

And the net loss of one top level striker of course?

Because frankly I dont see how that will improve us by the 18 points we were off the pace last time.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fordy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

so last year you had no deph and this year you sold 2 and bought 1 and now you have depth :think:
Fordy

Postby gooneritis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:12 pm

to be fair i think our depth has improved a little bit, just given that arshavin will be here for the whole season, eduardo is starting his first ever season, rosicky should at least play a few games.
diaby is ready to challenge for a place and wilshere, ramsey, merida, vela etc, all amazingly talented youngsters are that bit older and will play more of a part than they did last year.

that's not me saying our depth is good enough, which it isn't.
but it's better than last season imo.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Massa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:So this depth you speak of...You wouldnt just be talking about the natural progression of players we already had?

Because frankly I dont see how that will improve us by the 18 points we were off the pace last time.

The 'loss' of Adecantscore has improved the squads morale, we have better strikers than him anyway. You can see yourself how the likes of Denilson, Song etc. have improved, not to mention the potential best CB pairing in the league, Willy and Vermin. We also have Traore, Senderos and Simpson returning from loan, and we'll have Rosicky, Arshavin and Eduardo for full seasons (fingers crossed)

That in itself may improve us by 18 points, but with Man United and Liverpool getting weaker, it'll probably help us surpass Man United's points tally last year. Have a little faith mate.
Last edited by Massa on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Popey » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Fordy wrote:

so last year you had no deph and this year you sold 2 and bought 1 and now you have depth :think:

our depth has more quality. look at nic, song, denilson, ramsey and co. much better than last year. touré and ade didn't make the team stronger. touré made stupid mistakes and ade wasn't that good. I mean, if cesc gets injured and ramsey play for him you don't see such a big difference as last season. the same with song. for me song is a new player compared to last season. gibbs also made some big steps forward that you don't need to worry if clichy would be 2 weeks injured.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Massa wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:So this depth you speak of...You wouldnt just be talking about the natural progression of players we already had?

The 'loss' of Adecantscore has improved the squads morale, we have better strikers than him anyway. You can see yourself how the likes of Denilson, Song etc. have improved, not to mention the potential best CB pairing in the league, Willy and Vermin.

Yes, that may not improve us by 18 points, but with Man United and Liverpool getting weaker, it'll probably help us achieve 18 points more. Have a little faith mate.

jep, exactly. a fully motivated eddie or nic is much better than the lazy ade. the same with vermaelen. look at his partnership with gallas. just great. we have improved a lot compared to last season.

what would you do with a vieira and a matuidi? you can't play with 9 players in midfield.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:19 pm

Popey wrote:
Fordy wrote:

our depth has more quality. look at nic, song, denilson, ramsey and co. much better than last year. touré and ade didn't make the team stronger. touré made stupid mistakes and ade wasn't that good. I mean, if cesc gets injured and ramsey play for him you don't see such a big difference as last season. the same with song. for me song is a new player compared to last season. gibbs also made some big steps forward that you don't need to worry if clichy would be 2 weeks injured.

Oh I was hoping thats not what you were going to say. But it was.

Do me a favour. If Cesc gets injered Ramsey couldnt hack a long haul in the first team, in February with two games a week. Gibbs is just a footballer, thats all. Not a particularly good one. Hes a player who plays for us, that doesnt mean he can hack first team Prem football on a regular basis. The depth we have is not good enough.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Massa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Popey wrote:
Massa wrote:

The 'loss' of Adecantscore has improved the squads morale, we have better strikers than him anyway. You can see yourself how the likes of Denilson, Song etc. have improved, not to mention the potential best CB pairing in the league, Willy and Vermin.

Yes, that may not improve us by 18 points, but with Man United and Liverpool getting weaker, it'll probably help us achieve 18 points more. Have a little faith mate.

jep, exactly. a fully motivated eddie or nic is much better than the lazy ade. the same with vermaelen. look at his partnership with gallas. just great. we have improved a lot compared to last season.

what would you do with a vieira and a matuidi? you can't play with 9 players in midfield.

Edited the post, even more positives :Peace:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fordy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:21 pm

I love this theory that Arsenal fans have, the season finishes and players go away and then 2-3 months later every one as got better while at the same time every other teams squads just stay as they are or in chelseas case in some people views get worse.

3 months, i would love to know what arsenal do to there players in 3 month that makes them so much better.
Fordy

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Fordy wrote:I love this theory that Arsenal fans have, the season finishes and players go away and then 2-3 months later every one as got better while at the same time every other teams squads just stay as they are or in chelseas case in some people views get worse.

3 months, i would love to know what arsenal do to there players in 3 month that makes them so much better.

They go to Krypton where they work out with Superman.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Popey wrote:
Fordy wrote:

Do me a favour. If Cesc gets injered Ramsey couldnt hack a long haul in the first team, in February with two games a week. Gibbs is just a footballer, thats all. Not a particularly good one. Hes a player who plays for us, that doesnt mean he can hack first team Prem football on a regular basis. The depth we have is not good enough.

Rosicky would probably go into Cesc spot before Ramsey anyway, and yes he's good enough. We have plenty of depth in midfield imo, with the exception of DM. Just need a bit more help defensively.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Popey » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Popey wrote:
Fordy wrote:

jep, it would difficult for him to play 2 games a week but we have nasri, rosicky, denilson and diaby who can play for him. you can't remplace cesc with exactly the same quality players. look at manU. if rooney got injured they don't have another player with the same quality. impossible. or gerrard. if he gets injured they are f***ked. that's football. you can't remplace a great player like cesc with the same quality.

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:24 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
Fordy wrote:I love this theory that Arsenal fans have, the season finishes and players go away and then 2-3 months later every one as got better while at the same time every other teams squads just stay as they are or in chelseas case in some people views get worse.

They go to Krypton where they work out with Superman.

Exactly!
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts