Marouane Chamakh

Re: Marouane Chamakh

Postby Fabby » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:24 am

goonerdane wrote:
Goose wrote:
goonerdane wrote:I've gotta say this would be an extremely underwhelming signing, even by Wenger's standards. Chamakh's strike rate is worse than 1 in 4, which is worse than Bendtner's. I just don't see the point, why not pool Ade's money together with whatever (if any) transfer funding we have left and buy a dynamic tenacious DM and give Bendtner the chance he deserves.

Thats probably what he will do, he will have change left over if he sells Ade and buys Chamakh and could use it towards a DM.

Who knows?

Yeah but I'm talking about really splashing the cash. Why not test Barca's resolve for once and offer big bucks for Yaya...especially seeing as theyre chasing down Mascherano. He may have signed an extension, but I think Melo proved to us all that that is meaningless. Anyhow, I know I am wasting my breath, Wenger will never put his reputation on the line by putting his eggs in one basket.

Big bucks? Sake man do you not see what is going on around you?

People need to accept that Arsenal are a well run club, and that means AW is NOT going to spend these "big bucks". I'm assuming your talking £30mish here, and seriously, do you not think that if he could AW would solve all of Arsenal's midfield problems in one go, buy Yaya and we'd be challengers straight away?

Course he would, but we aren't Utd and thats not how AW does things.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby InTheNorthBank » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:40 am

Fabby wrote:
goonerdane wrote:
Goose wrote:
goonerdane wrote:I've gotta say this would be an extremely underwhelming signing, even by Wenger's standards. Chamakh's strike rate is worse than 1 in 4, which is worse than Bendtner's. I just don't see the point, why not pool Ade's money together with whatever (if any) transfer funding we have left and buy a dynamic tenacious DM and give Bendtner the chance he deserves.

Thats probably what he will do, he will have change left over if he sells Ade and buys Chamakh and could use it towards a DM.

Who knows?

Yeah but I'm talking about really splashing the cash. Why not test Barca's resolve for once and offer big bucks for Yaya...especially seeing as theyre chasing down Mascherano. He may have signed an extension, but I think Melo proved to us all that that is meaningless. Anyhow, I know I am wasting my breath, Wenger will never put his reputation on the line by putting his eggs in one basket.

Big bucks? Sake man do you not see what is going on around you?

People need to accept that Arsenal are a well run club, and that means AW is NOT going to spend these "big bucks". I'm assuming your talking £30mish here, and seriously, do you not think that if he could AW would solve all of Arsenal's midfield problems in one go, buy Yaya and we'd be challengers straight away?

Course he would, but we aren't Utd and thats not how AW does things.

Can you not read? I acknowledged that in the final sentance. I didn't say it would happen or is likely, it's just what I'd like to see as for the record, I believe we would be challengers again if we had someone of his presence and tenacity in midfield. So save the lecture on how Arsenal is run, I've been following them for 23 years and am not oblivious to trends...
"I am going to make this the greatest club in the world." - Herbert Chapman
InTheNorthBank
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Fabby » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:59 am

Oh right so you followed Arsenals financial plight when you where up to 10 years old.

Fair enough you did say it at the end though.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Guardiola Effenberg
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:10 am

This is a thread about a striker, and to that extent we should really be talking about him.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 am

no matter how annoying and frustrating ade is i jut can not see the sense in selling him and then buying a younger, and untested striker in the PL. I mean the guy hasnt scored once in the CL i dont think, and from what i have seenhe doesnt even look as good as ade.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby undapresha » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:no matter how annoying and frustrating ade is i jut can not see the sense in selling him and then buying a younger, and untested striker in the PL. I mean the guy hasnt scored once in the CL i dont think, and from what i have seenhe doesnt even look as good as ade.

Chamakh is someone who is good in the air, and a skilful dribbler. He is also very team-oriented, and creates space for and gets his teammates involved in the build up play. This is something which many would miss from just looking at pure statistics. I like him as a player, but I'm not sure he has the ability of Adebayor, but he may have a better mental approach to the game.

In any case, I would still prefer Huntelaar, who is a pure and natural goal scorer, which is a quality I believe our current set of strikers lack (Eduardo aside).
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby AC/DC Gooner » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Our future striker...
AC/DC Gooner
Patrick Vieira

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:21 pm

undapresha wrote:
Bristol_Gunner wrote:no matter how annoying and frustrating ade is i jut can not see the sense in selling him and then buying a younger, and untested striker in the PL. I mean the guy hasnt scored once in the CL i dont think, and from what i have seenhe doesnt even look as good as ade.

Chamakh is someone who is good in the air, and a skilful dribbler. He is also very team-oriented, and creates space for and gets his teammates involved in the build up play. This is something which many would miss from just looking at pure statistics. I like him as a player, but I'm not sure he has the ability of Adebayor, but he may have a better mental approach to the game.

In any case, I would still prefer Huntelaar, who is a pure and natural goal scorer, which is a quality I believe our current set of strikers lack (Eduardo aside).

I would prefer Huntelaar to ade that is true, but i still dont want to see the ade sold. Not becasue i love the guy, as i have said its just that you now have to havea big striker to have to come to the prem and adapt.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby bishop05 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:57 pm

nice news to hear he'd like to sign , saw a couple of videos of him on youtue , one of them where he couldn't hit a barn door and one where he destroys teams!
thanks for my av and sig!
bishop05
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Riddla » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:59 pm

never seen the guy play but wiki says he has scored 53 goals in 223 games :? :? :? so why or what makes anybody want to get him regardless if he can hold the ball up? huntelaar is a much better option by miles(stats alone)
Image Daniel anthony sorhaindo haynes(facebook)
Riddla
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby rogerthornhill » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:11 am

This is from the Mail -

Wenger wants cheap Chamakh as Arsenal prepare for life without Adebayor with £7m bid
By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 11:49 AM on 14th July 2009

Arsene Wenger is lining up a £7million bid for Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh as a replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Arsenal manager is ready to let Adebayor join Manchester City for £20m, with talks already under way between the clubs.

Wenger sees Chamakh as a ready-made replacement for the Togo forward and wants to move quickly for the French-born Morocco international in order to fend off interest from other Premier League clubs.

Fulham, Tottenham and Sunderland have also been linked with the 25-year-old, who has just one year to go on his contract and has refused to open talks with his French club over an extension.

Bordeaux are now resigned to losing him and manager Laurent Blanc wants the player's future to be decided before he takes his side on a pre-season tour of Canada next Wednesday.
Wenger was impressed with the striker's performances in helping Bordeaux win the French League and publicly confirmed his interest in the player this month.

Chamakh had earlier revealed he would be keen on a move to Emirates Stadium. He said: 'I want to play in the Premier League and a club like Arsenal would be a dream. If they were to come calling, I would certainly give them a positive answer.'
For Wenger's part, the chance to sign a tall, rangy striker for a cut-price fee - Chamakh has a £7m buy-out clause in his contract - would appear too inviting to turn down, even if Chamakh is an unknown quantity in England.

His goalscoring form is far from prolific and he averages less than a goal every four games in his career, although he did net 14 times last term.

But Wenger has an enviable track record of unearthing gems from French football and is confident Chamakh can make the same impact as Adebayor, who was also relatively unheard of before moving from Monaco in 2006.
Wenger has also noted Chamakh's impressive link-up play with Bordeaux midfielder Yoann Gourcuff and hopes he could strike up a similar rapport with Cesc Fabregas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... LI2WlJQe&D
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Muzzy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:21 am

Adebayor Passes City Medical.

This should mean he's on his way? I doubt Wenger will be hanging around to replace him.
Click Him! >>Image<< Click Him!
Muzzy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby the real gooner » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:31 am

"But Wenger has an enviable track record of unearthing gems from French football and is confident Chamakh can make the same impact as Adebayor, who was also relatively unheard of before moving from Monaco in 2006.
Wenger has also noted Chamakh's impressive link-up play with Bordeaux midfielder Yoann Gourcuff and hopes he could strike up a similar rapport with Cesc Fabregas."

This makes it good enough for me. Got to have faith!
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby InvincibleGunners » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:53 am

14 goals last term? I need more convincing... if he had 14 assists as well then may be it's a different story
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fabby » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:08 am

I'm gonna have a quick look how many Ade got in his last season before he came to us.

At Monaco, Ade scored 20 in 100 games.

Thats only 1 in 5. Thing is, Ade was 21 when he came here and still learning, Chamakh is 25 so surely reaching his full potential? If it takes him a year to settle in he'll be almost 27. From what I've read he'll fit in with our style of play perfectly, its just he probably won't put the ball in the net.

Makes me feel good.
Last edited by Fabby on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Guardiola Effenberg
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Famous past threads