Marouane Chamakh

Re: Marouane Chamakh

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:55 am

gunngunn wrote:Rumours have persisted a thousand times more than this and turned out to be utter bollocks, Ade has said he wants to stay, AW has said nobody is leaving.

AW also said NO MORE STRIKERS.

This rumour needs to die right now, because if by a miracle Ade does leave then i will be wanting David Villa/Eto'o esc replacements, not some dodgy bloke who is no better than our 4th choice striker.

Yes I agree it's probably all shite, I think that maybe we're watching this guy for various reasons but I don't think we have any intention of buying him unless one of our strikers leaves.

Despite what Ade and AW say, I'm still not 100% convinced that he's staying. I think he will stay unless we get an offer for him that's too good to refuse. If so both parties may change their minds.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby damo1583 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:41 pm

I think £20m will see Ade go, but there are stronger strikers that i would like to see come in ahead of this guy.......
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arsenal till i die » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:51 am

These stories are stupid!!! I'd laugh if we actually buy these players.

Definition_Of_A_True_Gunner:D
Siggy & ava By Me!
arsenal till i die
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby undapresha » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:25 am

Chamakh is an interesting footballer. He is capable of the sublime, and is someone who can get his teammates involved, but he also squanders a lot of chances.

If we were to purchase him, I would have a fairly neutral response to it. I'm not sure how much he would really add to our current batch of forwards to be honest, even if Adebayor is sold.
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby SE13 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Arsene Wenger is confident Emmanuel Adebayor will remain at Arsenal, but revealed he would consider Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh as a possible replacement.

The future of Togo striker Adebayor is yet to be resolved one way or another - with AC Milan continuing their interest following a public pursuit last summer before the 25-year-old agreed a new deal to stay at the Emirates Stadium.

Adebayor, however, has made it clear he would be happy to remain and lead the Gunners' challenge for honours despite a difficult season.

Wenger has no desire to sell the striker - who netted 30 goals during the 2007-08 campaign - as he prepares for his squad's return to training next week.

'If he does not want to stay, he will leave, but I think he will be still at Arsenal this season,' Wenger told French radio station RMC.

The Frenchman's only signing so far has been Belgian defender Thomas Vermaelen and looks set to continue his quest to bring in a holding midfielder.

However, should Adebayor move on, the Gunners boss could move for Moroccan international Chamakh.

'Yes, but only in the event of a departure,' Wenger said of his interest in Chamakh.
Robin van Persie

Set to sign: Van Persie is poised to agree a new deal

The Gunners boss had also been tracking Lyon's Karim Benzema, who is set to join Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid.

'There is one who interested me, but he [Karim Benzema] left for Madrid,' said Wenger.

'I did not make an approach because I would never have thought that Lyon would sell this year.

'There are two prices today, the price when Real Madrid buy and the market price.

'In the market, 35 million Euros for Benzema is a very good price. But is he three times less good than Ronaldo? I don't think so.'

Arsenal have moved this week to tie up several of their youngsters on new, long-term deals, with Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey agreeing contract extensions while for members of the successful FA Youth Cup team signed professional forms.

Last season's top scorer Robin van Persie is widely expected to agree terms on a new deal shortly.

© The Daily Mail

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fordy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:28 pm

this suggests to me that Ade is leaving you never hear him say Cesc is not leaving but if he does i will buy...................
Fordy

Postby Popey » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Fordy wrote:this suggests to me that Ade is leaving you never hear him say Cesc is not leaving but if he does i will buy...................

I think he will stay! ade said: if the club doesn't want me I will go. now wenger says: if he doesn't want to go he will stay. if ade leaves now he will be the big a**hole :arse fan:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby undapresha » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:45 am

That was quite an interesting article. It's difficult to predict how this transfer period will pan out.

Although I wouldn't rule out a transaction simply because Arsene says we want him and Adebayor says I want to stay. There are a number of other factors that can influence this situation, such as AC Milan coming in with a huge offer. In addition to this, all clubs and their players/staff will say positive things about the club they play for in the media, as they don't want to create any controversy.

I have a feeling the Adebayor saga is far from over.
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Popey » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:36 am

Sunderland join Arsenal in race for £12m striker Chamakh

Steve Bruce is trying to steal a march on Arsenal with a £12million bid to sign Bordeaux's Marouane Chamakh for Sunderland.

The Morocco striker, also tracked by Tottenham and Aston Villa, is seen by Arsene Wenger as a possible replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor, although the manager remains confident his Togo forward will stay at Arsenal.

Bruce is also in competition with Fulham for Portsmouth's Peter Crouch and Reading's Stephen Hunt.

England Under 21 defender Kieran Gibbs has signed a new four-year Arsenal deal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... amakh.html

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:19 am

Daily Fail strikes again.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby liam_cork » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:38 pm

i'd have this bloke over ade
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby InTheNorthBank » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:01 am

I've gotta say this would be an extremely underwhelming signing, even by Wenger's standards. Chamakh's strike rate is worse than 1 in 4, which is worse than Bendtner's. I just don't see the point, why not pool Ade's money together with whatever (if any) transfer funding we have left and buy a dynamic tenacious DM and give Bendtner the chance he deserves.
"I am going to make this the greatest club in the world." - Herbert Chapman
InTheNorthBank
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goose » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:08 am

goonerdane wrote:I've gotta say this would be an extremely underwhelming signing, even by Wenger's standards. Chamakh's strike rate is worse than 1 in 4, which is worse than Bendtner's. I just don't see the point, why not pool Ade's money together with whatever (if any) transfer funding we have left and buy a dynamic tenacious DM and give Bendtner the chance he deserves.

Thats probably what he will do, he will have change left over if he sells Ade and buys Chamakh and could use it towards a DM.

Who knows?
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fabby » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:21 am

goonerdane wrote:I've gotta say this would be an extremely underwhelming signing, even by Wenger's standards. Chamakh's strike rate is worse than 1 in 4, which is worse than Bendtner's. I just don't see the point, why not pool Ade's money together with whatever (if any) transfer funding we have left and buy a dynamic tenacious DM and give Bendtner the chance he deserves.

Oh god.

I new it was bad but worse than 1 in 4 in the frigging french league?

This is turning to be worse than Vermaelen.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby InTheNorthBank » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:21 am

Goose wrote:

Thats probably what he will do, he will have change left over if he sells Ade and buys Chamakh and could use it towards a DM.

Who knows?

Yeah but I'm talking about really splashing the cash. Why not test Barca's resolve for once and offer big bucks for Yaya...especially seeing as theyre chasing down Mascherano. He may have signed an extension, but I think Melo proved to us all that that is meaningless. Anyhow, I know I am wasting my breath, Wenger will never put his reputation on the line by putting his eggs in one basket.
"I am going to make this the greatest club in the world." - Herbert Chapman
InTheNorthBank
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Famous past threads