Marouane Chamakh

Re: Marouane Chamakh

Postby TheSKAGooner » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:18 am

rogerthornhill wrote:For what it's worth he's 25 and is 6' 2"

Yup, you're right. He's 25. I thought he was a bit younger for some reason.

Sorry about that, Inch!

:doh:
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Melksham Gooner » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:19 am

I don't think he's really necessary unless we get shot of Ade. I'll admit, I've never seen the guy play, so I don't know whether I'd want him or not. I won't consult YouTube, cos with several days and a nearby power supply to recharge the camera, I could come up with a minute-long clip that would make me look good.
~ Victoria Concordia Crescit ~

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.
Melksham Gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rogerthornhill » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:25 am

TheSKAGooner wrote:Yup, you're right. He's 25. I thought he was a bit younger for some reason.

I only knew it because I looked it up. :P
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:30 am

Melksham Gooner wrote:I don't think he's really necessary unless we get shot of Ade. I'll admit, I've never seen the guy play, so I don't know whether I'd want him or not. I won't consult YouTube, cos with several days and a nearby power supply to recharge the camera, I could come up with a minute-long clip that would make me look good.

I've already searched YouTube, there's f**k all there apart from a clip of him playing badly (?) and a clip of him scoring one goal.
Not much to get excited about.

If this rumour is true then it worries me that we're even looking at players like this tbh.
If Ade left and this guy came in you're talking about a player who's scored 13 goals in 55 games in a league that isn't exactly world class. Not particularly impressive.
Add to that the fact that he has zero Prem experience and would therefore take anything up to a season and a half to adapt and you can see why I'm worried.
Whilst he's adapting we're left with RVP, Vela, Bendtner and Eduardo IF he's fit next season.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:39 am

Turns out it isn't true anyway. :whew:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 07,00.html

Some French bloke wrote:
Bordeaux reject Chamakh rumours

President denies deal is in place for Arsenal to sign striker
By Patrick Haond Last updated: 19th June 2009

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud has denied that a deal has been struck with Arsenal and Marouane Chamakh's agent to sign the striker.

The 25-year-old has made no secret of the fact that he wants to leave the French champions this summer with a move to the Premier League his favoured destination.

France Football magazine suggested that Gunners manager Arsene Wenger had made direct contact with the player's agent and a four-year deal was said to have been agreed.

Fulham are also thought to have expressed their interest in the Moroccan international, whose contract is set to run out next year, on Friday.

However Triaud was only able to declare that no contact had been received from Arsenal.

"That is only chatter," he stated.

"I don't know where it came from, but I never heard any Arsenal representatives since (Sylvain) Wiltord, which means almost eight years."

...unless THIS article isn't true.....? :think: :dizzy:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TheSKAGooner » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:42 am

Inchpractice wrote:Turns out it isn't true anyway. :whew:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 07,00.html

Some French bloke wrote:
Bordeaux reject Chamakh rumours

President denies deal is in place for Arsenal to sign striker
By Patrick Haond Last updated: 19th June 2009

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud has denied that a deal has been struck with Arsenal and Marouane Chamakh's agent to sign the striker.

The 25-year-old has made no secret of the fact that he wants to leave the French champions this summer with a move to the Premier League his favoured destination.

France Football magazine suggested that Gunners manager Arsene Wenger had made direct contact with the player's agent and a four-year deal was said to have been agreed.

Fulham are also thought to have expressed their interest in the Moroccan international, whose contract is set to run out next year, on Friday.

However Triaud was only able to declare that no contact had been received from Arsenal.

"That is only chatter," he stated.

"I don't know where it came from, but I never heard any Arsenal representatives since (Sylvain) Wiltord, which means almost eight years."

...unless THIS article isn't true.....? :think: :dizzy:

hahaha

You just beat me to that, Inch!! Had to delete my post. :lol:
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am

Yeah I saw. Looks like this article is being released everywhere at the same time.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Melksham Gooner » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 am

Ah well, that's the end of that one then. :dontknow:

Just goes to show that even respected journalists can make stuff up. Either that or Talkshite radio corrupts everyone and -thing.
~ Victoria Concordia Crescit ~

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.
Melksham Gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby maslo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:23 pm

if this was true though i dont see why its a bad thing if we dont really need him, think its a shame it doesnt seem to be true. its so rare we get rumours that hold any weight, unlike other clubs.
itd be good to have more players than we need in a position for a change, a bit more depth, and anyway in terms of youtube vids id never go on one to say someone was good or bad. When i looked up eduardo before we bought him i thought wtf is wenger doing, yeh we needed a goalscorer but the goals on youtube were like something from the Championship. but we all know now how good eduardos game is and that hes a class act.

i do realise we need money spent more readily in other areas though and maybe it would have been a gamble, anyway seems its not true.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby bigben » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:48 am

This guy doesn't have youtube highlights kinda game, except for a few good goals. He is kind of a... striker defender, meaning that he is a combative player, like Tevez, but taller. always closing in on defenders, runs throughout the field, set up goals, and ocasionally scores a header... I don't know if that's because of his team that doesn't feed him goals as arsenal do with their strikers, but you never know. As much as it hurts me to say it, coz I'm moroccan too, we probably don't need him. Ade, dudu, rvp, betnder, vela and a bunch of great attacking midfielders and ultra motivated kids on the way... I don't know, we seem pretty complete... when there's no injuries (Knock on laptop).
bigben
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby INVINCIBLE » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:43 pm

We need to buy him. ( If adebayor leave ).
INVINCIBLE
Liam Brady

Postby icelandicC.. » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:36 pm

no i think eduardo should be a good replacement for ade. but when is eduardo expected to gain full recovery?
icelandicC..
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 pm

This guy is shit, sorry, but Ade is World Class, this guy isn't even Prem class.

He isn't even fit to shine Bendtners boots, so just let this thread go to bed now eh?
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:00 am

bigben wrote:This guy doesn't have youtube highlights kinda game, except for a few good goals. He is kind of a... striker defender, meaning that he is a combative player, like Tevez, but taller. always closing in on defenders, runs throughout the field, set up goals, and ocasionally scores a header... I don't know if that's because of his team that doesn't feed him goals as arsenal do with their strikers, but you never know. As much as it hurts me to say it, coz I'm moroccan too, we probably don't need him. Ade, dudu, rvp, betnder, vela and a bunch of great attacking midfielders and ultra motivated kids on the way... I don't know, we seem pretty complete... when there's no injuries (Knock on laptop).

Thanks for the detailed description Ben, it's actually more informative than YouTube.

You're right we are pretty complete on the attacking front, but this guy is meant to be a replacement not an addition.
We're only buying him if Ade leaves.

gunngunn wrote:This guy is shit, sorry, but Ade is World Class, this guy isn't even Prem class.

He isn't even fit to shine Bendtners boots, so just let this thread go to bed now eh?

The rumours are still persisting though mate, they just don't seem to want to go away.
I agree with you though, I think if we let him loose we'll be begging for Ade to come back.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:16 am

Inchpractice wrote:
bigben wrote:This guy doesn't have youtube highlights kinda game, except for a few good goals. He is kind of a... striker defender, meaning that he is a combative player, like Tevez, but taller. always closing in on defenders, runs throughout the field, set up goals, and ocasionally scores a header... I don't know if that's because of his team that doesn't feed him goals as arsenal do with their strikers, but you never know. As much as it hurts me to say it, coz I'm moroccan too, we probably don't need him. Ade, dudu, rvp, betnder, vela and a bunch of great attacking midfielders and ultra motivated kids on the way... I don't know, we seem pretty complete... when there's no injuries (Knock on laptop).

Thanks for the detailed description Ben, it's actually more informative than YouTube.

You're right we are pretty complete on the attacking front, but this guy is meant to be a replacement not an addition.
We're only buying him if Ade leaves.

gunngunn wrote:This guy is shit, sorry, but Ade is World Class, this guy isn't even Prem class.

The rumours are still persisting though mate, they just don't seem to want to go away.
I agree with you though, I think if we let him loose we'll be begging for Ade to come back.

Rumours have persisted a thousand times more than this and turned out to be utter bollocks, Ade has said he wants to stay, AW has said nobody is leaving.

AW also said NO MORE STRIKERS.

This rumour needs to die right now, because if by a miracle Ade does leave then i will be wanting David Villa/Eto'o esc replacements, not some dodgy bloke who is no better than our 4th choice striker.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Famous past threads