Marouane Chamakh

Marouane Chamakh

Postby TheSKAGooner » Wed May 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Chamakh's name is getting some play. He's already asked for his release from Bordeaux.

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has implied that Arsenal have inquired about his services.

The Morocco international has been at the top of his game with French league leaders Bordeaux, and he has been tipped to make the step to Premier League football next season.

Chamakh has affirmed that joining The Gunners is an option for him, even if he is yet to receive a concrete offer from Arsene Wenger.

The French tactician recently hailed Chamakh as an ‘interesting player’, but said that admiring a player does not automatically mean that he is going to launch a bid.

“Indeed, I am leaving,” Chamakh told Le Parisien. “I hope that the [Bordeaux] directors will be comprehensive. Both parts have to find an agreement so I can leave amicably.

“I am in contact with various clubs, including in England, and I am ready to play for a mid-table side first in order to show myself.

“There is also something with Arsenal, but nothing concrete.”

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/05/27/Prem-Chamakh-on-Arsenal/gnid-54701/
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Mamadou Chamakh

Postby TheSKAGooner » Wed May 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Actually, his name is Marouane Chamakh. Don't know where I got the Mamadou thing from, and now I'm disappointed that I won't be yelling that when he scores for the Gunners. :crybaby:

In any event, here's an article with some vid.

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/26-05-09/5517842.html

:arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby bigben » Fri May 29, 2009 12:28 am

Funny I was just going to post the translation of an interview with le boss, for a Moroccan website, talking about Chamakh.

I'm moroccan and I watch Chamakh a lot, bordeaux and national team, he is a good player, and as much as I would love to see a moroccan in Arsenal shirt, I don't think he is repacement material for Ade. I would say that he has the same characteristics and level of Bedtner, with more experience and team-play. He is a team player, the reason why he doesn't score so much is because he sacrifices a lot for the team, working tirelessly and passing balls that he should be shooting. Here's what Wenger said:
LDA:There are some rumors about contacts between you and Bordeaux concerning the transfer of Marouane Chamakh next season.
Arsene: Well that's paper talks. Sure, we are intrested in Chamakh who's a very good player. He made some great performances this season with Bordeaux. At the moment, Arsenal did not make any concrete bid nor formally enquired about the player. But I can't deny that we are following him very closely because he is an intresting boy, especially that he has a very good "back to the goal" game. (i.e.: I don't know how to translate it, but it means that he can play with his back turned to the goal nicely, pivot, blind shots, one-twos...)
LDA:could he be a replacement for Adebayor?
Arsene: I'm not willing to talk about it, but to give you an answer I'll say maybe...

http://lionsdelatlas.net/info-lda/inter ... a-lda.html
bigben
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TheSKAGooner » Fri May 29, 2009 12:52 am

bigben wrote:Funny I was just going to post the translation of an interview with le boss, for a Moroccan website, talking about Chamakh.

I'm moroccan and I watch Chamakh a lot, bordeaux and national team, he is a good player, and as much as I would love to see a moroccan in Arsenal shirt, I don't think he is repacement material for Ade. I would say that he has the same characteristics and level of Bedtner, with more experience and team-play. He is a team player, the reason why he doesn't score so much is because he sacrifices a lot for the team, working tirelessly and passing balls that he should be shooting. Here's what Wenger said:
LDA:There are some rumors about contacts between you and Bordeaux concerning the transfer of Marouane Chamakh next season.
Arsene: Well that's paper talks. Sure, we are intrested in Chamakh who's a very good player. He made some great performances this season with Bordeaux. At the moment, Arsenal did not make any concrete bid nor formally enquired about the player. But I can't deny that we are following him very closely because he is an intresting boy, especially that he has a very good "back to the goal" game. (i.e.: I don't know how to translate it, but it means that he can play with his back turned to the goal nicely, pivot, blind shots, one-twos...)
Arsene: I'm not willing to talk about it, but to give you an answer I'll say maybe...

http://lionsdelatlas.net/info-lda/inter ... a-lda.html

Interesting. Thanks, bigben. :biggrin:

:arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TheSKAGooner » Fri May 29, 2009 9:34 am

TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gzagee » Fri May 29, 2009 12:43 pm

Now, either this has been lost in translation, a misquote or, is Wenger actually saying there's still a chance he may let Ade go?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby bigben » Fri May 29, 2009 1:24 pm

gzagee wrote:

Now, either this has been lost in translation, a misquote or, is Wenger actually saying there's still a chance he may let Ade go?

You have to see the context of the question, I don't beleive I made a translation mistake but the exact question (and what I think the journalist and Arsene ment): Are you following him in the purpose of replacing Emmanuel Adebayor.(it's more accurate that way)

His Exact response is, I'm not obliged to talk about it, but to give you an answer I'll say maybe.

Now I'm not the journalist I can't say that's what he actually said but this is what's written in the website. It's in french btw...
bigben
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rogerthornhill » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:57 am

This is from the Times -

Fulham held talks with Bordeaux last night about signing Marouane Chamakh, but they face competition from Arsenal for the forward.

Roy Hodgson, the Fulham manager, wants to strengthen his squad because of the demands of the Europa League next season, but has a balancing act given the possibility that his team may be eliminated before the group stage.

Fulham failed to reach an agreement with Chamakh, who is on holiday in the United States and has said that he has been earmarked by Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, as a replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Morocco player has refused to extend his contract, which has one year left, and he claims to have a buyout clause of £7 million. He scored 13 league goals last season and has a reputation for his ability in the air.

Wenger likes Roque Santa Cruz, but will not pay an inflated price for the Blackburn Rovers forward because of interest from Manchester City, as well as Edin Dzeko, the Wolfsburg striker who has been linked with AC Milan. Arsenal are close to completing their first summer transfer, with Thomas Vermaelen expected to arrive for a medical today after a fee of about £10 million was agreed with Ajax for the Belgium centre back. “I will be facing the best strikers in the world,” he said. “But this does not scare me.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 531693.ece
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:39 am

I can't see this guy as a replacement for Ade.
How old is he anyway?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TheSKAGooner » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:53 am

I think he's 22, Inch. Certainly not more than 23.
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:58 am

Hmmm... well I'm no expert but he doesn't look like a Premiership starting striker to me.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Re: Marouane Chamakh

Postby Cheese » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:04 am

I'd rather have Bendtner playing.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:09 am

Indeed.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby rogerthornhill » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 am

For what it's worth he's 25 and is 6' 2"

This is from Setanta Sports -

Striker gunning for Arsenal move
by Toby Davis , 08 May 2009

Bordeaux star Marouane Chamakh has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger after describing a possible switch to The Gunners as a ‘dream’.

The striker who had previously expressed a desire to join Arsenal’s North London rivals Tottenham, intends to leave Ligue 1 at the end of the season with a switch to The Premier League high on his agenda.

The Morocco international, who has scored 11 goals in 30 games this season, insists he is aware of rumours linking him with a summer switch to Emirates Stadium and hopes a deal could be in the pipeline.

“I have heard about the Arsenal rumours,” he told Aujourd’hui Sport. “But my agent does not want to talk to me about them so that I stay focused until the end of the season.

“I want to play in The Premier League and a club like Arsenal would be a dream. If they were to come calling, I would certainly give them a positive answer. But there is nothing concrete at the moment.”

It was only a matter of weeks ago, however, that Chamakh had his eyes trained on a possible switch to White Hart Lane.

In a previous interview with France Football, he said: “I am not greedy, but I target a club that is just under the top big four. To be honest, a club like Tottenham could interest me.”

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Foot ... nid-52021/
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cheese » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:12 am

Well he can "dream" on.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next