Gallas-Too reliant on youngsters

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Gallas-Too reliant on youngsters

Postby Trina » Mon May 14, 2007 4:18 pm

from skysports

William Gallas believes Arsene Wenger has been too reliant on his young players this season.

The French defender is confident the future will be bright for Arsenal, but feels the lack of experience within the squad has proved costly.

The Gunners have struggled with injuries to key players this term and finished the Premiership in fourth.

"What Arsenal needed to compete with Manchester United or Chelsea was a few experienced players," Gallas said in The Sun.

"We have very good young ones - great players of the future - but they were given far too much responsibility throughout the season.

"At one stage they were unable to keep up. You need a richer squad when you want to play on all fronts.

"Arsenal played only with their youngsters for most of the time and then there were injuries, notably Thierry Henry."

Gallas, who left Chelsea for Arsenal at the beginning of the season, admits only time will tell if he made the right decision.

He concedes it would be a dream to play for a big club elsewhere in Europe, but insists he will stay at Emirates Stadium for at least one more season.

"I will be able to answer next year whether Arsenal match up to the challenge I left Chelsea for," he explained.

"My season was too spoiled by injury.

"I want to stay another year to have a full one with this club.

"Football lasts only so long. In a career plan, everyone wants to play for the greatest clubs. It is true this is a dream of mine.

"Whether it is in one, two or five, I do not know. These things come along by themselves. If I have to leave England, I will do so."
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon May 14, 2007 5:37 pm

Is that Gallas sending out a calling card?

I mean no-one not even Wenger with a crystal ball could have foretold of the injuries we have suffered this season. He has been forced to use the yonger less experienced player, but im sure those who would have not been 1st choice, have learned from this experience, & with a thread-bare squad for a good part of the season (at one point having 11 key players out!)i think we have done remarkably well to finish 4th as well as get to the Carling Cup Final......ive no complaints under the circumstances.

Neither should Gallas.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby left right left » Mon May 14, 2007 8:07 pm

I CAN SEE WERE HES COMING FROM WITH THIS!!!!
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Piston Broke » Mon May 14, 2007 9:12 pm

I wish he'd talk as much on the pitch as he does of it he should STFU
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rvtheace » Tue May 15, 2007 5:27 am

It's amazing what footballers talk to the press sometimes. Don't they think about the effect it could have on the rest of the squad?
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CLS » Tue May 15, 2007 6:09 am

I WISH HE WOULD KEEP HIS STUPID OPIONS TO HIMSELF
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle