Chelsea Vs Arsenal | FA Cup Semi Final 18/04/09

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal | FA Cup Semi Final 18/04/09

Postby waisman » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:10 pm

I think it the starting line-up and leggy performance highlights the fact that although we've got the players we don't have the squad yet. I wonder what kind of a team AW will put out for tuesday, I'm guessing Arshavin will start...
waisman
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby goonerkas » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:12 pm

waisman wrote:I think it the starting line-up and leggy performance highlights the fact that although we've got the players we don't have the squad yet. I wonder what kind of a team AW will put out for tuesday, I'm guessing Arshavin will start...

Probably will with nasri. Song should start too.
goonerkas
Patrick Vieira

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:15 pm

goonerkas wrote:
Play a 4-4-2 with song and fabregas. Song cant handle essien,lampard,. Fabregas is moderate in defence. Song is up and coming. I have no doubt that there would have been more goals had song played.

You are missing the point. Diaby did very little right, we all saw that, so why leave him on? I am not saying we should have started Song, if anything we should have started Arshavin, but Wenger often does this in big games, he gets overly conservative and it bites us in the arse. Who's to say we wouldn't have torn their midfield apart? its not as if Ballack is having a good season, in fact he has been God awful.
Why change formation and line up just because its Chelsea in the FA cup? if its not broke don't fix it.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea blame the age !?

Postby Jason77 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Arsene Wenger believes Arsenal gave away "cheap" goals and also criticised the state of the pitch at Wembley, although he refused it as an excuse for the Gunners' defeat.

The Frenchman said: "It was a game where any mistake in the end could be costly.

"It is disappointing because we had a good start and after we dropped off.

"The game looked as through it would finish as a draw - I felt we gave two cheap goals away."

He still showed his unwavering belief in his young side though saying: "When you are so close and you are 20 years of age I don't know why you would be desperate."

our Central midfieders and defends are not that good today.
I kinda feel sad when the camera show a little boy crying so badly after the match.......
Last edited by Jason77 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jason77
Patrick Vieira

Postby ken day » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:24 pm

good game, i think we were just to strong, the likes of essian lampard and ballack made the difference, mind you drogba is so powerfull he shrugged silvestre of the ball like a ten year old.
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jbruin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Lets not forget we had more or less our entire defence out today, Almunia, Clichy, Sagna, Gallas and Djourou so to be honest its not to bad but Fabianski should have done better for both goals.
jbruin
Liam Brady

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 pm

ken day wrote:good game, i think we were just to strong, the likes of essian lampard and ballack made the difference, mind you drogba is so powerfull he shrugged silvestre of the ball like a ten year old.

Congrats Ken.

We are all gutted, line up was totally wrong.
Alot of these post-match posts should be in the knee jerk thread. laughable.
Get a grip.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:44 pm

What knee jerk? we all saw how crap Diaby was. Is it wrong to criticise Wenger for leaving him on?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Gutted.

That is all.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby arseman » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:What knee jerk? we all saw how crap Diaby was. Is it wrong to criticise Wenger for leaving him on?

I think SGW is referring more to the comments on Fabianski, yes he screwed up today, but to say he should feck off, never wear an Arsenal shirt again is going too far....
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Just got back from Wembley.
Not amused. Having to walk past 40 odd thousand singing blue c**** made me feel quite ill.
Diaby was poor, Fabianski was poor and the others looked a bit tired to me.
For the first time in ages I think Wenger got the team selection wrong today.
He sees them in training so maybe he thought some of them looked too tired to start, but why the hell he started with Denilson and Diaby in midfield I'll never know.
Arshavin didn't even play on Wednesday so he wasn't tired.
Should've started imo.
Cesc was playing far too deep and what the hell was going on with the subs?
RVP and Ade off? :dizzy: Some very odd decisions today.

I said before that I was worried about Fabianski and I think today I had every reason to be.
Like I said before he's a good 'keeper but I think he should still be number 3 in line and we should've bought a new number 2 in the summer.
His mad habit of rushing out of goal is just too impulsive and dangerous.
He makes me nervous all the time.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:49 pm

arseman wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:What knee jerk? we all saw how crap Diaby was. Is it wrong to criticise Wenger for leaving him on?

I think SGW is referring more to the comments on Fabianski, yes he screwed up today, but to say he should feck off, never wear an Arsenal shirt again is going too far....

Quite right.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:49 pm

arseman wrote:

Ah ok. Well I agree with that. Not that Fabianski should bugger off. He may f***ked up but our midfield was awful.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Irish_Gooner » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:53 pm

I just hope there are some players back for the manure tie. Now the next step
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooner-geeza » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:17 pm

We played and got robbed... 12th man or more on the SCUMS side!!! Even when Young Theo scored you STILL could tell that this game was gonna go well and the SCUMS cannot play... It's always a cup match that we get cheated when we're drawn with the SCUMS, League matches... YEAH, we have our say and do it right... today was our day to go to the Finals and win... as I believe that we would have done it... Even our records shown it... W69 and SCUMS W49 + todays! I agree with the cheap goals and Fabs is not to blame as he done well... ALL of our boys done well and we will take this as a positive... Now there is one Trophy in sight and we will try for that and hopefully have the SCUMS again! I'm sure if we do have them in the finals of the Champs League, It will be a different story for Arsenal... Who knows???!.

Just like our Junior gunner who felt hurt in the stands, I felt his pain also! But we still need to back our Team 100% and keep our heads up for them as we still got one Competition to go... This Little gooner needs to see another side! It was just ashame to see our main guys Injured as it would have been a SCUMS loss.
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09