Arsenal Vs Manchester City | Premiership 04/04/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City | Premiership 04/04/09

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:00 pm

pocket..........back.............city............were..........love it.

I feel sprightly after watching that performance, it really was top class, we could have had more goals but we didn't really need them we were so comfortable.

I have a bad feeling about Theo concerning tuesdays game but Eboue is fit and Wenger said that Nasri could be ready to play a part too.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:03 pm

It was a nice win and three points is always the right way to set up the weekend. :arsenal3:
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jgaugust » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Very happy with the 3 points. Looked great on the pitch today, with a thorough outclassing of Man City. Theo's going to be getting a lot of treatment I gather and I think he'll be fit for Tuesday, as he was looking alright towards the end of the game. Great to have Cesc back as we can see why we missed him so much. Same with Ade and the fact that when he plays well, he can be lethal. His presence simply requires the defense to play further back because they are afraid of his runs, which is all fine by me as it gives more operating room to our midfield.

On to Tuesday in Spain...
jgaugust
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Gunflash » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:08 pm

We've extended our unbeaten league run to 17 games (you have to rue all those draws) which is good. With key players returning, it looks like we might be building towards a grand finish. Now let's go to Villareal and get a 1-0 win.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Just subscribed to Arsenal TV and heard second half on radio. Another win :) Happy today!
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby goonerkas » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:39 pm

Everyone played excellently. Song,cesc and ade stood out for me. Song dominated aerially and in our defensive third. Cesc looked rejuvinated and ade benefited from his creativity as shown by the goals
goonerkas
Patrick Vieira

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Song should officially be given that starting berth next to Cesc, he was outstanding for me.

To be honest in this kind of form i think he brings more to the table than Flamini did, he just needs to find some consistency, having said that he has done over the last few games.

It looked like a different Cesc as well, much more free flowing than he was earlier in the season.

Well done lads, on to Spain.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby arseman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:55 pm

gunngunn wrote:The funny thing also is that it was only yesterday people were talking about how Fabregas should be sold if the right money comes along, yet he produces a masterclass in passing and has 2 assists on his first game back despite bieng out since before Crimbo...

Indeed, some said we have 'ready-made' replacements for him, but I don't know if any of them would have produced a pass like he did for Ade's second goal.....thing is, Cesc produces those passes constantly.....

Really good performance, but Jesus, I can't believe how many chances we missed in the second half, we really should be putting these away, and there will come a time, when the chancesc won't come so freely for us, and such profligacy will be very costly..
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooner-geeza » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:01 pm

:arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:

It was nice to see Cesc play well today and unfortunate about Walcott as he also played well. The whole team played well on the physical side of things... was impressed with Denilson and Arshavin even though a few fouls were NOT seen too... Mr Webb should have given a good few of them too us. Well done to Adebayor on his come back with two goals, you could see that he wanted his Hat-trick... we should do well at Villarreal after our medical update! But I feel Walcott may be rested as he was battered BADLY!!! Poor Wally :( I really felt for him today... Even though he battled TOUGH and played hard.
Last edited by gooner-geeza on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:05 pm

arseman wrote:
gunngunn wrote:The funny thing also is that it was only yesterday people were talking about how Fabregas should be sold if the right money comes along, yet he produces a masterclass in passing and has 2 assists on his first game back despite bieng out since before Crimbo...

Indeed, some said we have 'ready-made' replacements for him, but I don't know if any of them would have produced a pass like he did for Ade's second goal.....thing is, Cesc produces those passes constantly.....

Really good performance, but Jesus, I can't believe how many chances we missed in the second half, we really should be putting these away, and there will come a time, when the chancesc won't come so freely for us, and such profligacy will be very costly..

Some people yesterday were saying that if we sold Cesc, we have more than enough talent to fill the void, and we wouldn't have to buy a replacement...Absolutely f***ing ludicrous if you ask me...Arshavin may have exploded onto the scene and we may have done well in Cesc's absence but f**k me, isn't it blindling obvious when he is on top form we as a team perform at a level few if any teams anywhere could deal with...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Irish_Gooner » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Solid result. Cesc, Ade and Theo making impacts. Im looking forward to Tuesday now. Could have scored more but Shay Given is very very good.
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby meridamullet » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Good result. Fabs was superb and didn't show too much rust, Ade looked interested(even tracked back at times), Almunia had a couple of fine saves, Song continues to get better, walcott looked lively and Eboue came on and looked good. Couldn't have asked for much more. I'll take 2-0 and sleep quite happy tonight. Hope Walcott is all good for Tuesday
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooner-geeza » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:21 pm

gunngunn wrote:
arseman wrote:

Some people yesterday were saying that if we sold Cesc, we have more than enough talent to fill the void, and we wouldn't have to buy a replacement...Absolutely f***ing ludicrous if you ask me...Arshavin may have exploded onto the scene and we may have done well in Cesc's absence but f**k me, isn't it blindling obvious when he is on top form we as a team perform at a level few if any teams anywhere could deal with...

I agree gunngunn, we CANNOT sell Cesc yet and he's still in his prime and at one of the Worlds greatest clubs... from time he has not gone for big money he's at a great club and the togetherness he's experienced is out of this world!!! why would the board sell him for any other value at that... they can see he'doing great with us and we can achieve things with him... I feel our year to win the Champions League is this year and we are sitting nicely in the League again :arse fan: !

We can win the league next season as this season seems out of reach as the top three as trying too play... I feel if theyplay like this anymore, they will see us come up and take over and that will be soo realistic... thats when I'll see the switch in the league :arse fan:
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby arseman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:23 pm

Did anyone see the way Ade controlled that high ball from Cesc, in the build up to his second goal? I've been deadly critical of his first touch at times, but this one was quite brilliant.......
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby meridamullet » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:25 pm

arseman wrote:Did anyone see the way Ade controlled that high ball from Cesc, in the build up to his second goal? I've been deadly critical of his first touch at times, but this one was quite brilliant.......

Yeah, Bendtner too on the lob from i think Toure
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09