Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 14/03/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 14/03/09

Postby Irish_Gooner » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:35 pm

I hope bendtner responds well after this. Afterall, eboue did and could be a role model
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby boundsgreenboy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:52 pm

HorseMachine wrote:I left on the Setanta Irish, and some fat bloke was ranting on about Wenger's snobbery and how he's holding back the team =S i have NOT A CLUE what he's flabbing his fat gums about..

You have to remember the vast majorty of Irish people support Manure or the scousers so they loathe Arsenal.
boundsgreenboy
Liam Brady

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:29 am

I wonder, did anyone notice Bendtner's excellent linkup play in the first half?? :dontknow:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jgaugust » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:28 am

I would have to say that I am quite thrilled with my first ever Arsenal game. 4-0 at home with Shava opening his account is a good day by any standard. That goal was absolutely amazing by the way.

Every player for us today, aside from one, I thought played a fantastic game. Song is playing rampant right now and I say keep him in the side as long as he continues to play this way. Nasri is finally starting to see the pitch better and read defenders better as was evident by his play today. Theo was also fantastic and even though he didn't quite seem to have the pace that he did earlier in the season, he was still far superior on the wing to any defender out there. Eboue made the most of his chances and that penalty was gorgeous.

As for Bendtner, his passing today was outstanding, but his finishing was absolutely atrocious. I've never seen someone waste so many good chances in the span of 15 minutes. He could have had 3 or 4 there in just that span alone. I understand why some of the fans booed him or cheered loudly when he was subbed off as such things happen often in the States from home fans at basketball games. I also don't blame them because in a low-scoring sport, you really need to make the most of your chances. It's tough to watch them go by the wayside, so I can understand their reaction. Hopefully the staff will just work on his finishing relentlessly and then he'll be a quality player.

Still, an absolutely fantastic day at the Emirates. Really looking forward to Tuesday and hopefully we can continue the recent run of play.
jgaugust
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby arseman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:03 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:I wonder, did anyone notice Bendtner's excellent linkup play in the first half?? :dontknow:

I doubt anyone even noticed that it was him who created our first goal, some neat footwork, followed by a lovely through ball that split the Rovers defence and set Theo free down the right.......
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:27 am

arseman wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:I wonder, did anyone notice Bendtner's excellent linkup play in the first half?? :dontknow:

I doubt anyone even noticed that it was him who created our first goal, some neat footwork, followed by a lovely through ball that split the Rovers defence and set Theo free down the right.......

I mention it in my match report Arseman ;) - other then his finishing he played quite well.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby arseman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:05 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
arseman wrote:

I mention it in my match report Arseman ;) - other then his finishing he played quite well.

Sorry...haven't read it yet :redface: :hiding:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:47 pm

arseman wrote:

Absolutely mate. That pass sticks in my mind particularly. Superb :clap:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby mrschvint22 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:54 pm

As happens most Saturdays, I am at work while the game is on here. I came home excited to watch it and threatened the hubby with his life if he told me final score. :sneaky:

We were waiting on the kid to finish watching one of his shows so we could watch the game. I decided to get on my social networking site to catch up on my friends, but ended up catching the score on Facebook. :doh: Thanks jay :crybaby: *Mental note* don't even get close to the internet on game day.

We ended up waiting until about midnight last night to re-watch the match, but oh, was it worth it!! :arse fan:

After being in London to watch a game live and in person I have a new found respect for the world of football.

What an amazing goal by Arshavin and I can't believe Eboue got 2 more. I actually think I may have to join LRL in the "I hate Bendtner" club. What a shitty game for him. Walcott was pretty good considering the length of time he's been out. I think in a couple more years he will live up to the number 14 he's wearing. I was happy to see a nice amount of one touch passing back in our team. I feels good to see a bit of life brought back in our games!!

That's all from the peanut gallery for now. :arse flag.gif:
mrschvint22
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Git » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:41 pm

MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Libertine » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Good day out on Saturday, what i remember of it.....
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We have been waiting for goals for a long time and I believe that maybe the pressure came off the team a bit after the Roma game so we played with more freedom against Blackburn on Saturday.

If we had gone out of the Champions League in midweek, would we have gone out and produced that performance? I don't know because a win lifts the spirits. You could see signs of our game coming back against Burnley and we scored three at West Brom then four on Saturday.

It looks like it is not a problem anymore and we play with more freedom. I believe we have more creative talent and our game is more fluid. The team was always highly focused and they always want to do well. We are on a long and consistent run now and that's why I believe we can go from strength to strength from now until the end of the season.

Andrey Arshavin made a big contribution against Blackburn. He has intelligence, vision and talent to beat his man. His second goal was an example of that. I changed him at half time and put him on the left but he can play right, central or left. He had four stitches in his foot at half time, it is cut along the outside completely and the doctor had to make four stitches. But he is a tough player.

I was pleased with Nicklas Bendtner too. He didn't finish well but he played well. I think after he missed the first chance he took too long on the second one. Then it becomes a problem for you. What is most important is that he creates the chances because once he scores one he will score three or four. He is always in the situation and his first touch was much better today and his movement was good. The rest will come along.

He likes to play as the lead striker and he has power and pace. He understands the game and he's only 20 years old, people forget that. I think it is completely wrong to boo him. The fans clapped him when he came off the pitch. They were not happy when he missed the chances but overall I feel the fans are behind him.

Liverpool beat Manchester United before our game and I think the title race is open again. Man United have played many games since January and they looked a little bit jaded. You could see that Liverpool didn't play in the FA Cup last week and they had a good opportunity to refresh before playing Real Madrid and Man United.

As for us, we want to finish as high as possible and we know that every game is a challenge. Before we start to dream we play every three days and we can rotate a bit at the moment. We have a challenge in every single game from now until the end of the season and we cannot drop off one or two per cent in our performances. I feel in the dressing room that the team are really up for it.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09