Arsenal Vs Burnley | FA Cup R5 08/03/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Burnley | FA Cup R5 08/03/09

Postby kuzmanovic » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 am

what a goal by vela! the guy is as cool as Mexican mafia hitman!

eddys goal was alright, i've in fact scored better myself...........but you had to be there.

and nice to see Eboué score but Alex Song was immense for me today! i hope we can keep this up now for the rest of the season and our squad doesn't get raped by injuries again.

(disclaimer: Eduardo's goal was the f***ing sex!)
kuzmanovic
Michael Thomas

Postby Gunflash » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:57 am

The great thing about football is that a match that is pretty routine (big Premier League club at home against a lower division club) can still produce something as magical as Eduardo's goal. Something that leaves you going "Wow". I've never seen a goal like that before. For sheer virtuosity, it has to be the goal of the season.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby terryohenry » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:25 am

eduardo was the first to score at the emirates that in itself makes the guy extra special.
terryohenry
Liam Brady

Postby kuzmanovic » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:43 am

terryohenry wrote:eduardo was the first to score at the emirates that in itself makes the guy extra special.

was he? thought it was Huntelaar. and didnt Henry scored the first ever Arsenal goal there?

and didnt a lumber jack from sweden score the first premier league goal there.

think he score the first European goal for zagreb at the emirates maybe that what it is. im sure someone will tell me i wrong!
kuzmanovic
Michael Thomas

Postby bergie4ever » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:39 am

We can already predict that Eduardo's magnificient goal will be in the top 3 of this season!! :hail: :arse fan:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:59 am

Watched the recording of the match last night and just ended up with a stupid grin on my face.
So much there to make gooners happy, where do you start? - Revenge on Burnley, return of Eduardo, return of Theo, 3 fabulous goals, two great performances from two harshly criticised players, all our key players rested for Roma etc. etc. etc.

What the f**k is up with Vela?!
He's only scored 5 goals for the club and four of them were chipped over the 'keeper!! We're going to have to start calling him 'Mr Chippy' or something...?
I can't believe how many times he can do that and pull it off perfectly! :dizzy:

What can you say about Eduardo's goal? :shock: He made that look easy.
And what the hell happened to Song? Was it Cesc in a latex mask?
He's been poor lately imo, giving the ball away all over the shop but yesterday he was immense! Last-ditch tackles, perfectly timed. Dropping perfectly weighted balls on to Vela's chest and Eduardo's boot. Where did all that come from?
Never even seen that side of his game before! Wenger wants him to become a CB eventually, but I'm not so sure after that. Be a bit of a waste wouldn't it?
His best performance for us. Period.
Then Eboue gets his goal, good on yer mate, he f***ing deserved it.
Always running into the box, always causing problems for the Burnley defence and finally it pays off.
That'll boost his confidence and make him play better hopefully. Might even stop the idiots from booing him.
Lovely backheel from Song to set him up as well.

Great to see Theo back as well, it's easy to forget how ridiculously fast he is.

Just a superb day to be a gooner. :cloud9: :cloud9:

:arse flag.gif:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby InvincibleGunners » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:07 am

Managed to avoid the score all day @ work (10 1/2 hour shift, rubbish!) and boy am I glad! Watched the replay on Setanta 2 and it was a bloody brilliant performance! Song (MoTM), Eboue, Arshavin, Vela, Dudu all bloody brilliant as everyone has pointed out. I also thought Gibbs looked very accomplished at LB, he's gonna be really pushing Clichy next season no doubt.

Also, I noticed that just b4 the 2nd goal (amazing goal btw, goal of the season for me so far!) Arshaving bust a nut to keep the ball from going for a corner when it was easier to let it run out and boy did that pay off! (Our corners were pretty poor yesterday) that's what I love about the guy, he hasn't got the Arsenal "sluggishness" that some appear to have (Ade, Diaby) and he always looks hungry and willing to drive forward, a great addition to the squad.
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cheese » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:34 am

Git wrote:Can you believe we're 17 games unbeaten now? Jebus.

That's what i was saying while we were drawing. On the positive side we are unbeaten in x amount of games. Nobody seemed to care though :shifty:

There must be a real good feel-factor in the dressing room at the moment. :arse flag.gif:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 am

Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby arseman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:37 am

Is that really the best image of Dudu's goal that they could find? :shifty:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:37 am

Git wrote:Can you believe we're 17 games unbeaten now? Jebus.

I can but there was too man silly points dropped in that unbeaten run.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 am

arseman wrote:Is that really the best image of Dudu's goal that they could find? :shifty:

They're never that great on Arsenal.com.
They often seem to choose the wrong moment or the wrong angle. Ah well you get what you pay for.....
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

In the first half on Sunday, Burnley made the job very difficult for us because they marked us tightly. We kept a good defensive tightness and we scored a goal. In the second half we scored brilliant goals. We could have had a few more but overall we did the job in a conscientious and serious way. Before going to Roma it is good that we didn't concede and we scored.

Eduardo's goal looked a little bit like a beach goal; with the outside of his left foot into the top corner. It is surprising that he sliced the ball as well.

He is a surprising finisher and a very intelligent player. He has a short back-lift and he makes a quick decision on what to do. He makes decisions very quickly. When you look at goalscorers they move in the box while everyone else is standing and watching - he has that. Those people always score goals.

Alex Song set up two goals and he did well. He is growing in stature. He has good balance, reads the game well and wins the ball then uses it well. He is a real holding player naturally. He is also a good central defender.

Emmanuel Eboue scored the final goal and it pleased me because when he gets in front of goal he can lose his composure. I believe he needed that on Sunday. Some people convince themselves that they cannot score but then when they do they realise it is not as difficult as they imagined.

Things are looking up for us now and we have many targets in front of us. It now depends on how well we do until the rest of the season.

We know every game demands a big performance now because we cannot afford to slip up. But it is exciting because this group is extremely determined and it has been a pleasure to work with them. They have not always been rewarded and I want them to be. We now go into the time of the season where it matters.

Is it possible for us to win two trophies? Yes because we are in there. After that it is important to give everything we can to make it happen. Many big competitors are in there so let's see how well it goes on Wednesday night and then see.

We are now going into the Roma game with belief and an extreme desire to qualify. The positive is we didn't concede in the first leg and we go there knowing that, not only can we go there and defend, but we want to go forward and attack at every opportunity.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby golfinguy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:25 pm

InvincibleGunners wrote:I also thought Gibbs looked very accomplished at LB, he's gonna be really pushing Clichy next season no doubt.

I agree - Gibbs is showing that he really wants to play - gives it his all. I liked his game yesterday.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gunflash » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:30 am

Eduardo's goal reminded me of an outrageous Roger Federer shot. There were a hundred simpler ways that he could have made that goal but he picked arguably the hardest and still made it look simple.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09