Official: Tavares joins Lazio Roma

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

Postby VCC » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:24 pm

UFGN wrote:
    VCC wrote:
    Ach wrote:Sprite is decent tbf

    It isn't when the top has been off for a week,


    I don't know about where you are but it's almost impossible to get sprite with sugar in it now. Political correctness gone mad!

    NZ and we need every cent possible so health issues from products is no concern,we are do busy drowning in methamphetamine to worry about soft drink.
    User avatar
    VCC
    Arsène Wenger
    Arsène Wenger
     
    Posts: 15858
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

    Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

    Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:31 pm

    VCC wrote:
    UFGN wrote:
      VCC wrote:
      Ach wrote:Sprite is decent tbf

      It isn't when the top has been off for a week,


      I don't know about where you are but it's almost impossible to get sprite with sugar in it now. Political correctness gone mad!

      NZ and we need every cent possible so health issues from products is no concern,we are do busy drowning in methamphetamine to worry about soft drink.


      Yeah it must be a living hell, having to somehow get by in one of the safest countries in the world, and the highest standard of living in the Southern hemisphere

      I don't know how you cope!
      Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

      Image
      User avatar
      UFGN
      Member of the Year 2014, 2019
      Member of the Year 2014, 2019
       
      Posts: 23818
      Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
      Location: London, init

      Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

      Postby VCC » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:44 pm

      UFGN wrote:
      VCC wrote:
      UFGN wrote:
        VCC wrote:
        Ach wrote:Sprite is decent tbf

        It isn't when the top has been off for a week,


        I don't know about where you are but it's almost impossible to get sprite with sugar in it now. Political correctness gone mad!

        NZ and we need every cent possible so health issues from products is no concern,we are do busy drowning in methamphetamine to worry about soft drink.


        Yeah it must be a living hell, having to somehow get by in one of the safest countries in the world, and the highest standard of living in the Southern hemisphere

        I don't know how you cope!

        Don't know how you got that information
        Two international cartels importing here now.
        Crime rate rising
        Cost of living crises
        Low wages
        Housing crises
        Dental care priced out of people's reach
        Not enough doctors and nurses over a month to wait to see your GP.
        Education one of the worst in the oecd after the f***ked it over.
        We are now back arguing over treaty of Waitangi
        We are rudderless
        User avatar
        VCC
        Arsène Wenger
        Arsène Wenger
         
        Posts: 15858
        Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

        Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

        Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:07 pm

        VCC wrote:
        UFGN wrote:
        VCC wrote:
        UFGN wrote:
          VCC wrote:
          Ach wrote:Sprite is decent tbf

          It isn't when the top has been off for a week,


          I don't know about where you are but it's almost impossible to get sprite with sugar in it now. Political correctness gone mad!

          NZ and we need every cent possible so health issues from products is no concern,we are do busy drowning in methamphetamine to worry about soft drink.


          Yeah it must be a living hell, having to somehow get by in one of the safest countries in the world, and the highest standard of living in the Southern hemisphere

          I don't know how you cope!

          Don't know how you got that information
          Two international cartels importing here now.
          Crime rate rising
          Cost of living crises
          Low wages
          Housing crises
          Dental care priced out of people's reach
          Not enough doctors and nurses over a month to wait to see your GP.
          Education one of the worst in the oecd after the f***ked it over.
          We are now back arguing over treaty of Waitangi
          We are rudderless


          Ah! Sounds like good ole England!

          My mum couldn't get a dentist at all for a year. Had to settle for a place with a surgery over an hour's drive away, even though she lives near two decent sized towns
          Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

          Image
          User avatar
          UFGN
          Member of the Year 2014, 2019
          Member of the Year 2014, 2019
           
          Posts: 23818
          Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
          Location: London, init

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby Ach » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

          The Gunners are open to selling Portuguese full-back Nuno Tavares, 24, this summer, with Lazio interested in his services. (Football London)
          Ach
          SE13
          SE13
           
          Posts: 37253
          Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby swipe right » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:23 am

          Ach wrote:
          The Gunners are open to selling Portuguese full-back Nuno Tavares, 24, this summer, with Lazio interested in his services. (Football London)

          Selling? As in we pay him to leave?
          swipe right
          Bertie Mee
          Bertie Mee
           
          Posts: 8076
          Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 am

          Being a Roma fan - I hope Lazio buy him loooool
          User avatar
          theHotHead
          SE13
          SE13
           
          Posts: 21421
          Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
          Location: Norf Landon

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby Salibatelli » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:50 am

          It’s not whether we’re open to selling him, it’s whether anyone will buy him, been a terrible signing who hasn’t impressed anywhere.
          Salibatelli
          Member of the Year 2023
          Member of the Year 2023
           
          Posts: 17688
          Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:26 am

          We'll probably make a profit.
          BBC says we brought him in on a £8m deal.
          Did very well when he first joined us, but he seems to have a real issue with maintaining his confidence and has the curse of silly errors.
          Marseille was a similar picture - did well and then tailed off - but Marseille seem to want him back based on reports a couple of months back
          He's done ok at Forest and they want to keep him, but I doubt they will have the funds given their position
          Seems to me to be more of a wide forward player than a defender, IMO.

          From end of Jan :

          Nottingham Forest loanee Nuno Tavares has been attracting interest from Ligue 1 side Olympique Marseille. The 23-year-old arrived at the City Ground on a temporary loan deal from Arsenal last summer and has made seven appearances across all competitions so far.

          Tavares' future as part of Nuno Espirito Santo's squad has been cast into doubt over recent weeks given the financial tightrope the club are currently walking amid issues with the profitability and sustainability regulations (PSRs). After being alerted to the possibility that Tavares could once again become available, his parent club Arsenal received a number of calls from clubs across Europe.

          The Portuguese left-back spent the 2022/23 campaign on loan at Marseille, where he made 39 appearances for the club. The French side are reportedly interested in bringing him back for a second loan spell, with Serie A sides also registering their interest in the player.

          Speaking in his latest column for CaughtOffiside, journalist Fabrizio Romano offered an update on Tavares' future in the East Midlands. “Marseille wanted Nuno Tavares, some Italian clubs too, but Nottingham Forest are not giving the green light to end his loan," he said.

          "They want to keep him, especially the manager Nuno Espirito Santo. Arsenal would be open to selling Tavares immediately but again, there is currently no green light from Forest.”

          Outlet RMC Sport have since claimed Tavares would be keen on a return to France with Marseille, with the club in need of a left-back after selling former Foster defender Renan Lodi to Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal.
          User avatar
          jayramfootball
          Member of the Year 2021
          Member of the Year 2021
           
          Posts: 28271
          Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

          theHotHead wrote:Being a Roma fan - I hope Lazio buy him loooool



          Haha, funnily enough the ex Marseille manager is now at Lazio I believe.
          Whilst manager of Marseille, Tavares played for him and he had this to say about Nuno

          Nuno’s still a young player but he has fantastic physical capabilities. He’s got an outstanding ability to run. He could play at Real, at Barcelona, at Man City… he still needs to grow and progress, we talk a lot to him.”


          Hopefully he coughs up £20m
          Your dream may come true
          :biggrin:
          User avatar
          jayramfootball
          Member of the Year 2021
          Member of the Year 2021
           
          Posts: 28271
          Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby Salibatelli » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:54 am

          He’ll probably go on loan like every player we can’t sell and he’s one of them or someone would have coughed up by now, but clubs only want him on loan, realise he’s not much good and then don’t want him anymore.

          If he had been good the loan clubs would have tried to sign him, wouldn’t cost much, 4 million would do it I would think.

          Not a good signing at all, was an odd one in the first place.

          I love the bit about playing for Barca, Real, how utterly ridiculous, on that basis every player could :lol:
          Salibatelli
          Member of the Year 2023
          Member of the Year 2023
           
          Posts: 17688
          Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby swipe right » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:59 pm

          jayramfootball wrote:
          theHotHead wrote:Being a Roma fan - I hope Lazio buy him loooool



          Haha, funnily enough the ex Marseille manager is now at Lazio I believe.
          Whilst manager of Marseille, Tavares played for him and he had this to say about Nuno

          Nuno’s still a young player but he has fantastic physical capabilities. He’s got an outstanding ability to run. He could play at Real, at Barcelona, at Man City… he still needs to grow and progress, we talk a lot to him.”


          Hopefully he coughs up £20m
          Your dream may come true
          :biggrin:

          One year left on his contract with his own team disowning him. Yeah, I'm sure they'll cough up a big fat ZERO. Write this off as another $8MM loss by Messrs A&E
          swipe right
          Bertie Mee
          Bertie Mee
           
          Posts: 8076
          Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby Jase89 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:44 pm

          If his loan at Forest is anything to go by, take what ever is offered and run
          User avatar
          Jase89
          Ian Wright
          Ian Wright
           
          Posts: 888
          Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 6:34 pm

          Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

          Postby UFGN » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:47 pm

          Jase89 wrote:If his loan at Forest is anything to go by, take what ever is offered and run


          I hate Forest

          If he helps to get them relegated he will be an Arsenal legend
          Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

          Image
          User avatar
          UFGN
          Member of the Year 2014, 2019
          Member of the Year 2014, 2019
           
          Posts: 23818
          Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
          Location: London, init

          Re: Nuno Tavares to join Lazio for €8m

          Postby Zenith » Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:49 am


          Image
          User avatar
          Zenith
          Global Moderator
          Global Moderator
           
          Posts: 38580
          Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
          Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

          PreviousNext

          Return to World Football

          Who is online

          Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 1 guest