Arsenal Vs Sunderland | Premiership 21/02/2009

Re: Arsenal Vs Sunderland | Premiership 21/02/2009

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:37 pm

mikey_gooner wrote:f**k me theres a lot of negativity on here , still think we will finish fourth . but as someone who did not see any of the game or hear any , maybe im not in a position to comment on todays performance :think:

Ditto that, havent seen the highlights so will watch them tomorrow morning, caught bits on Gillette Soccer Saturday & it sounded like Arshavin was a bit lively in the 1st half, heard something about him having a couple of shots, at least he aint frightened to have a go.

Sounds like the only positive we can take from yet another goalless draw is the fact we got a clean sheet, its sound miles away from the performance we saw v Cardiff.

I still dont think 4th is beyond our reach, and at least we have gained a pt on villa which is better than nothing, but we do need to seriously take on board that it could be UEFA Cup next season.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby UFGN » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:42 pm

If we do end up fifth I want to see some reality-check action from Wenger.

I know the "Wenger Must Never Leave Under Any Circumstances Even After He's Dead" brigade will throw a hissy fit at me, but in that situation, he should either shape up or ship out.

It would be entirely his fault. No Excuses.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby the real gooner » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:54 pm

I don't consider myself a pessimist,just a pragmatist. I think we would be wise to watch Everton as much a Villa. I thought todays performance was very poor. Wasteful with chances. Unable to control the midfield. They came for the draw they got it. We got we deserved. Arsahvin looked promising.
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:47 pm

As this is my first post in months I don't want to be too negative, but, we are just not good enough at the moment. We were piss poor again today and Chelsea wining actually hurt rather than helped us.
I have resigned myself to the fact that if we don't win the CL we will be playing Uefa cup football next season. I can live with that, I just hope the likes of Cesc and rapin' Robin can also live with that.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:50 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:As this is my first post in months I don't want to be too negative, but, we are just not good enough at the moment. We were piss poor again today and Chelsea wining actually hurt rather than helped us.
I have resigned myself to the fact that if we don't win the CL we will be playing Uefa cup football next season. I can live with that, I just hope the likes of Cesc and rapin' Robin can also live with that.

Well Stone Da Crows! Do my eyes deceive me??! If it ain't Fabrestuta! Good to see you're still breathing dawg.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:53 pm

gzagee wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:As this is my first post in months I don't want to be too negative, but, we are just not good enough at the moment. We were piss poor again today and Chelsea wining actually hurt rather than helped us.

Well Stone Da Crows! Do my eyes deceive me??! If it ain't Fabrestuta! Good to see you're still breathing dawg.

Heh good to see you to man. (since you were voted member of the year I feel as if I should call you sir :biggrin: )
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:00 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
gzagee wrote:

Heh good to see you to man. (since you were voted member of the year I feel as if I should call you sir :biggrin: )

So, you sticking around dude? Or is it a flying visit?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby damo1583 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:10 am

Sorry if it has been said before (been out all day then had an unscheduled visit to casulty), but how did shava play? I caught our game on MOTD and they seemed well impressed.............
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:12 am

He played well. Had a few shots and played with directness. he should be even better when he's fully fit. He was subbed after 63 mins. Vela replaced him, made you wish Shava didn't go off...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:13 am

gzagee wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
gzagee wrote:

Not sure. I have had a lot of shite happen in the past few months (cue the violins playing sad music), so annoying GW has been the least of my concerns.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby damo1583 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:14 am

gzagee wrote:He played well. Had a few shots and played with directness. he should be even better when he's fully fit. He was subbed after 63 mins. Vela replaced him, made you wish Shava didn't go off...

I knew he would be class.........
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:18 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
gzagee wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
gzagee wrote:

Not sure. I have had a lot of shite happen in the past few months (cue the violins playing sad music), so annoying GW has been the least of my concerns.

violin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:19 am

:rofll: @ the smurf

Hi Fab, hows things.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:26 am

Lmao that smurf is class.

Hows it going Ads, hows the little fella? (he's probably not that little anymore).

Thread is going off topic so lets get back to wondering why we can't score goals.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:37 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Lmao that smurf is class.

Hows it going Ads, hows the little fella? (he's probably not that little anymore).

Thread is going off topic so lets get back to wondering why we can't score goals.

Yeah he's 6 months now, looks more like his mum now which I suppose is never a bad thing!

But yeah I dunno why we just reversed things from the start of the season
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09