Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:When he goes in the papers (like he did today) saying he is our best striker and he should play every minute of every game, I'm afraid he leaves himself no way back IMO. He's an arrogant, average striker with no personal class. He has no idea how to handle himself off the pitch, and thats in addition to being mediocre on the pitch.

Trina wrote:I agree with UFGN that he DID say it. However, I think it was taken out of context and he was talking about whilst Ade was out. Instead, they made it sound like he should be first choice no matter what. Bendy doesn't think that!

COUGH...!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... by-reports

I just love being right, don't you mate? ;)
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:23 pm

He did a massive interview and did say it but it was all taken out of context which is what I said....
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Sveve_o » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:34 pm

The press should print such bullcrap every week, it seems to give him more pace and scoring ability.
Sveve_o
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jaberryo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 am

why did this have to go to a replay??? now we are a couple of games behind the others in the cup and it suck that it was on setanta, you have to pay £15 a month for it' where as you can pay a bit more for sky and get more chaneels. even though i dont even have sky, i only have freeview. god damn it, why cant they put football on freeview
"What do Spurs and a toothpick have in common? They both have two points!"
jaberryo
Michael Thomas

Postby Git » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:46 am

jaberryo wrote:why did this have to go to a replay??? now we are a couple of games behind the others in the cup and it suck that it was on setanta, you have to pay £15 a month for it' where as you can pay a bit more for sky and get more chaneels. even though i dont even have sky, i only have freeview. god damn it, why cant they put football on freeview

Because football is a business. ;)
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Libertine » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Inchpractice wrote:The standout players for me last night were Eduardo (obviously), Gibbs, Bischoff and Bendtner.

I agree with you on 3 of your short list, but Bischoff?
He only got a short run out at the end.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ScottishLass » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:54 pm

Libertine wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:The standout players for me last night were Eduardo (obviously), Gibbs, Bischoff and Bendtner.

He said standout Libs not outstanding. :P Bischoff did stand out when he came on he made an impact.. Looked really sharp. Id also say Vela was good aswell. :)
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Highlight of the match for me wasn't either of Eduardo's goals but for that touch in the 6 yard box - forced a great save from Heaton.

So happy he's back. Proper f***ing excited.

It's great because it's as good as having a brand new signing... Only you know 100% exactly what your going to get.

Yes the night belonged to Eduardo, but that was one of the best team performances in a while. Fantastic stuff.

:clap:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:02 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
Libertine wrote:

He said standout Libs not outstanding. :P Bischoff did stand out when he came on he made an impact.. Looked really sharp. Id also say Vela was good aswell. :)

Yeah exactly SL.
I'm not talking about 'overall contribution to the match' just people who stood out in my eye.

Personally I was surprised by Bischoff because whenever I've seen him play in the reserves he's looked a bit ordinary, nothing special (probably wasn't 100% fit yet) but in the Cardiff game I thought he looked really sharp and he was confident enough to have a shot on goal despite only just coming on.

He looked really hungry without being nervous and definitely wanted to be involved in everything, so overall better than I expected really.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09