British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:28 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:They did promise that, people called them communists and used it as a reason not to vote for them!

You do know that times change in different situations right? why is your thinking so static?

Back then the energy companies weren't shafting us without lube, now the message would be stronger and much more felt.

People always trust their dog before it actually bites, well we've been bitten, so we now know better, its up to Labour to use that situation ...........but they won't, because their useless and I'm not sure they ever really wanted to nationalise energy.

They're are part of the system as well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:They did promise that, people called them communists and used it as a reason not to vote for them!

You do know that times change in different situations right? why is your thinking so static?

Back then the energy companies weren't shafting us without lube, now the message would be stronger and much more felt.

People always trust their dog before it actually bites, well we've been bitten, so we now know better, its up to Labour to use that situation ...........but they won't, because their useless and I'm not sure they ever really wanted to nationalise energy.

Can I remind you that they haven't been in power for over 12 years

The Tories have been an unmitigated disaster.

The national debt more than doubled on their watch before Covid ever happened.

Street homelessness has doubled

Just calling Labour useless and shrugging your shoulders against that pig shit backdrop isn't good enough. I've no time for anyone who still wants to play the "both as bad as each other" card.

I am a Liberal Democrat by nature and I will be proud to vote Labour at the next election to vote this corrupt, incompetent criminal gang masquerading as a government, out of office
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:46 pm

.........and why is that?

Secondly that has nothing to do with my answer to PG, 12 years ago the nations energy wasn't a problem, now it is, just because Labours call about nationalising wasn't received well then, doesn't mean its the same now that the situation has changed.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:39 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Corbyn wasn't. He'd have represented real change, not the BS that brexit and boris promised.

IMO brexit was a protest vote, if that referendum hadn't happened I believe Corbyn would have been the protest vote. We'd be living in a very different world right now.

I've deleted facebook and set up a new twitter account just for football cos it pisses me off so much.

Whatever you think of labour it couldn't be worse than what the tories are letting happen.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:56 am

Crazy Comrade Corbyn would have made a complete mess of it, he just wasn't a leader. Mind you, Captain Hindsight at the minute isn't much better. There's no strong opposition.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:04 am

Royal Gooner wrote:Crazy Comrade Corbyn would have made a complete mess of it, he just wasn't a leader. Mind you, Captain Hindsight at the minute isn't much better. There's no strong opposition.

Starmer would be a better PM than the fuckin shower of piss the Tories have

Captain Hindsight you glibly say, trotting out soundbites and cliches which is frankly all you do

I take your Captain Hindsight and raise you a literal pathological liar who the Tories kept until the bitter end, about to be replaced by a civil rights butcher or a tax dodging de facto billionaire.

Captain Hindsight my prime minister
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:20 am

UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:Crazy Comrade Corbyn would have made a complete mess of it, he just wasn't a leader. Mind you, Captain Hindsight at the minute isn't much better. There's no strong opposition.

Captain Hindsight you glibly say, trotting out soundbites and cliches which is frankly all you do

I take your Captain Hindsight and raise you a literal pathological liar who the Tories kept until the bitter end, about to be replaced by a civil rights butcher or a tax dodging de facto billionaire.

See no problem with either. But it is amazing how diverse the Tory party is. Either our third woman PM or our first non-Christian and ethnic minority. I'd have thought that would be something you lefties would be applauding as they have the right labels.

Let's see what the new PM does. Hopefully, stop those greedy transport unions striking.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:06 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

See no problem with either. But it is amazing how diverse the Tory party is. Either our third woman PM or our first non-Christian and ethnic minority. I'd have thought that would be something you lefties would be applauding as they have the right labels.

Let's see what the new PM does. Hopefully, stop those greedy transport unions striking.

You weren't funny 10 years ago. The same "joke" isn't likely to improve

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:55 am

Completely disagree, but we'll never know. We got Bumbling Buffoon Boris who has made a complete mess of it anyway. Genuinely don't see how Corbyn could have done any worse but I'm guessing there's no point in discussing it.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:21 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:
Completely disagree, but we'll never know. We got Bumbling Buffoon Boris who has made a complete mess of it anyway. Genuinely don't see how Corbyn could have done any worse but I'm guessing there's no point in discussing it.

Can you imagine the utter Tory rage if it had been a Labour chancellor spending all that money during covid?

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:45 am

UFGN wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

Can you imagine the utter Tory rage if it had been a Labour chancellor spending all that money during covid?

It was clear money would need to be spent for going down the silly lockdown route, no question of it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:59 am

Is it me or has everyone lost track of a very basic fact in this energy price crisis we're facing?

Gas and electricity used to be national assets. They were sold off by the Tories in 1986 (gas) and 1990 (electricity)

They're now talking about giving us "handouts". Like they're doing us a favour. That should have been our money to start with. If the companies hadn't been privatised then they wouldn't be taking record breaking profits out of the industry and prices would be lower!

Do they think we're fools?

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:31 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:All these client journalists in the British right wing media who are condemning working people for demanding big pay rises, can f**k off. Let's look at their fuckin wages, shall we?

13% inflation now. People are starting to panic, understandably. Quality food is becoming unaffordable.

This bullshit government needs to get a grip and stop demonising our own people for asking for what they need.

Serious question ............

What can be done about it though? the inflation I mean.

Its global and its because the elite are attempting a market crash, love to know what they're going to try an blame it on this time though, I think they were hoping Covid would of caused one so they wouldn't cop the blame but it didn't.

Personally I think wages are way behind the curve, but so is also the cost of businesses and services hence why I don't think a solution will be found.

We're in for a few years of grinding unfortunately and the Energy sector fleecing the sht out of us so they can transform their Billion pound companies from petrol to electrical providers is going to go on till 2030.

.......... If Labour promised to nationalise Energy immediately or at least within the next few years they'd have my vote.

We're entering a period of making electrical energy a life blood of EVERYTHING, transportation, Online activities which control every aspect of our lives from communication to finances and banking .......... and we're leaving this energy source in the hands of Private companies?

Not a wise idea at all.

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/stat ... l3KAQ&s=19
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:49 pm

UFGN wrote:Is it me or has everyone lost track of a very basic fact in this energy price crisis we're facing?

Gas and electricity used to be national assets. They were sold off by the Tories in 1986 (gas) and 1990 (electricity)

They're now talking about giving us "handouts". Like they're doing us a favour. That should have been our money to start with. If the companies hadn't been privatised then they wouldn't be taking record breaking profits out of the industry and prices would be lower!

Do they think we're fools?

Yes they do.

We are ......... Govt watchdog groups have been knee capped in the last decade, Labour also are doing a poor job of holding the Govt to account by not being a real credible threat.

We are in dire need of a credible opposition to take the Tories out and I feel we need one long term.

Maybe the Lib Dems?

Someone needs to step in a get a grip on this, France as you can see from PG's link still has fear of people power, there is none over here, we're becoming like America, fodder for corruption.

Time for a big change imo.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:09 pm

I don't get why people don't think Labour are a credible option. How much more qualified and experienced can you be be than Starmer?
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate