William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba

Postby Zenith » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:45 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:46 am

UFGN wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:He'll be on the radar of most top clubs but I think he will sign with us since we're staying him. I would have been worried if he was on the bench waiting for his chace. Tomiyasu getting injured has actually helped the situation.

If Tomiyasu’s injury is what kept Saliba from warming the bench today then I worry whether Arteta has learned anything from his previous seasons. You play your best players in their best positions and keep them happy, full stop.

Also feel for White now who has to keep an eye over his shoulder with Tomiyasu and now Saliba breathing down his back.

With all that said, I’m loving the competition!

If White is sensible he will see that he's in a good position to play plenty of football.

As first cover for three different players (Saliba, Gabriel and Tomi,) he is highly likely to play more football than any of those three. He's likely to be needed in at least half the matches if not more

Sensible being the operative word. That word doesn’t really go well with many football players
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:00 am

VCC wrote:Credit to Saliba he looks class, the type of player who could transcend players around him, also i tip my hat to Arteta because should Saliba continue in this fashion Arteta is sure to be questioned over the last two years, i like the lad its hard not to like a defender that can tackle head a ball and read the game

Its more if he doesn't re-sign and we lose him, if Arteta convinces him to sign then we can pass this off as a loan move come good, but if he doesn't sign and the big clubs snap him up it'll be an autopsy on Arteta's handling of this and why it went south.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:43 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
VCC wrote:Credit to Saliba he looks class, the type of player who could transcend players around him, also i tip my hat to Arteta because should Saliba continue in this fashion Arteta is sure to be questioned over the last two years, i like the lad its hard not to like a defender that can tackle head a ball and read the game

Its more if he doesn't re-sign and we lose him, if Arteta convinces him to sign then we can pass this off as a loan move come good, but if he doesn't sign and the big clubs snap him up it'll be an autopsy on Arteta's handling of this and why it went south.

Sounded excited to be playing for us, is he a fan?

Surly we can get that contract signed
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:27 am

Royals Royce performance yesterday.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:06 am

alexafc12 wrote:We need to get him tied down ASAP.

It's another example of awful contract management. We should have extended his deal last year before we sent him out on loan again.

Part of me thinks Arteta wasn't completely sold on him making it here and would have looked to move him on if he hadn't performed so well.

Woudn't be surprised if PSG / Real start making noises if we let this drag on

This is EXACTLY what it is. Thats why when people praise Arteta for managing him well I laugh because thats total and utter bullshit. We paid £27m for him, its obvious he was a good player when we bought him. If Arteta sent him away to develop him further then, as you say, he would've extended his contract.

The fact he didn't makes it clear that, he didn't believe in the player. We could all see from the performance reports from Nice that he was ready to play in the Prem, but Arteta didn't fancy him.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:11 am

I mean hands up those that were in any doubt this boy would be a top performer????

It was clear to anyone that was paying attention. One loan was acceptable, 2 loans not necessary but ok, we will give you the benefit of the doubt. 3 loans was taking the utmost piss, it was not only unnecessary, but it was scandalous and stupid too.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby BexleyGooner » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:50 am

I’m not reading this thread any more. I’m trying to be happy and excited about such a great addition and you all sound so bloody miserable about it.

There hasn’t been one noise about him actually refusing to sign a contract because he doesn’t want to really has there? If so, where have you heard it from?

I haven’t seen much panicking on the Saka thread about his contract, especially compared to Saliba’s. They’re both just as important
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby #ST » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:29 am

BexleyGooner wrote:I’m not reading this thread any more. I’m trying to be happy and excited about such a great addition and you all sound so bloody miserable about it.

There hasn’t been one noise about him actually refusing to sign a contract because he doesn’t want to really has there? If so, where have you heard it from?

I haven’t seen much panicking on the Saka thread about his contract, especially compared to Saliba’s. They’re both just as important

It is BECAUSE we are so happy and excited about him that we are so negative/worried about the situation.

How Arteta treated this amazing talent is disgraceful for anyone with the ambition of being a manager. He managed him SO poorly its absolutely mental. Arteta is a sick sick sick psychopath.

I think most of us arent TOO worried about Saka because IF he wants to leave, thats down to him. Arteta has given him plenty of love/gametime. Not much else he can do. ( Apart from ofcourse Fing off so we can get a decent manager )

Absolutely stellar performance by him with hopefully many more to come
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:41 am

BexleyGooner wrote:I’m not reading this thread any more. I’m trying to be happy and excited about such a great addition and you all sound so bloody miserable about it.

The difference between the 2 scenarios is Saka came through the Arsenal youth system and is Arsenal through and through.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:50 am

holy shit this guy looks like a machine
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 am

Probably would have got top 4 if he was here last season
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:03 am

Chelsea to bid £80m for Fofana after £70m turned down

We have a £100m defender on our hands boys.

Need to get him tied down ASAP
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:43 pm

:crybaby: :crybaby:

Ffs, if you can't handle opinions I'm not sure what to tell you, you're too brittle, on top of that no one is being negative about the player, its simply that Arteta literally fell out with him, its not news, now we need him to sign a contract and after that display the big clubs may come knocking.

........... why would we not be slightly concerned??

You're talking like an ostrich with his head in the sand, yes we all hope his relationship with Arteta is nicely mending and he will sign, but he hasn't yet and he's impressing ......... other clubs exist and the window is still open.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:38 am

Every pundit to a man said Saliba was exceptional in that game. He would've been exceptional last season too. Anyway, bigger tests ahead, I don't see him crumbling.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk