Raphinha

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Raphinha

Postby 22-0 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:18 pm

Apparently we offered 70m now... that just tells me Saka is bound to leave next window?
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:21 pm

22-0 wrote:Apparently we offered 70m now... that just tells me Saka is bound to leave next window?

Yeah I agree.

That's fishy, but you know what if Saka is refusing to sign, this is a swap as good as any.

An effective winger for an effective winger ........ one of them is loyal.

I will say though £70m is a joke, we paid £75 for Pepe but at least he could shoot, Raphina is a better output winger though so I'll give him that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Alexis » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:00 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
22-0 wrote:Apparently we offered 70m now... that just tells me Saka is bound to leave next window?

Yeah I agree.

That's fishy, but you know what if Saka is refusing to sign, this is a swap as good as any.

I will say though £70m is a joke, we paid £75 for Pepe but at least he could shoot, Raphina is a better output winger though so I'll give him that.

raphinha is in for pepe, i bet the club are waiting to conclude business then saks's extension will be a formality. kid wants to play at a high level and wants us to be competitive. If this doesn't cut it, then nothing will.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:10 pm

Alexis wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah I agree.

raphinha is in for pepe, i bet the club are waiting to conclude business then saks's extension will be a formality. kid wants to play at a high level and wants us to be competitive. If this doesn't cut it, then nothing will.

If Saka wants assurances of quality players to stay on, we will need to sign an actual WC player who can start alongside him and take some of the heavy lifting off of him.

Anything over £50m for a replacement of the as yet unsold Pepe is again overspending on a non priority area.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Alexis » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:52 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Alexis wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah I agree.

If Saka wants assurances of quality players to stay on, we will need to sign an actual WC player who can start alongside him and take some of the heavy lifting off of him.

Anything over £50m for a replacement of the as yet unsold Pepe is again overspending on a non priority area.

raphinha has good stats for the shit team he played in. You'd imagine he'd better in a much better team.

Anyway this is more that we are willing to get players in and try.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:18 pm

City have just signed Phillips, does that change things now as Leeds don’t need the money and may either not sell him or hold out for the big money.

City snuck in there, no mention of it and the man suddenly a fee is agreed.

Phillips and Haaland, not bad for under 100 million.

They’ve also added Alvarez who cost 14 million but seems to have a pretty decent goal record as well at 22 years of age.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:50 pm

Speaking of Barcelona, and Sport claims that Leeds winger Raphinha has his heart set on making a move to Camp Nou.

With that in mind, the Brazil international is prepared to snub any interest shown in him from north London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham.

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:27 am

Alexis wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Alexis wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah I agree.

raphinha has good stats for the shit team he played in. You'd imagine he'd better in a much better team.

Anyway this is more that we are willing to get players in and try.

Raphinha is quality, but if he's that expensive then I would rather buy Gnabry.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reiss » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:02 am

Arsenal could end up with 2 out of the 3 starting forwards of Brazil for this upcoming World Cup. Even better when you realise that it's one of the best Brazil squad's in years.

We are back :hail:
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Tubbs » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:32 am

Hopefully this will be tied up by early next week along with Jesus
Tubbs
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Jedi » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:18 pm

We're spending money, can't complain.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:50 pm

If he signs we need to sell Pepe and get whatever money we can asap
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby billie86 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:53 pm

Would be a great signing, this is what we all wanted, a competitive squad and ambition shown by the board, no point moaning we have slightly over paid for x, y and z, that's only ever an issue if a player flops.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Alexis » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:24 am

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:If he signs we need to sell Pepe and get whatever money we can asap

100%. Raphina signing basically telling arteta has given up on him, if it wasn't already obvious last season. Just hope we get something decent for him.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:09 am

Raphinha is decent but it’s yet another wide player on top of Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Jesus, is another really our priority?

Would rather we fixed the CM issue as our wingers performed very well last season, that was the one area of our attack that did function.

Seems to me Arteta is as obsessed with wide players as Wenger was with midfielders in his latter years.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill