Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:38 am

Fran Solo wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Shouldn't expect a lot from a midfield of Partey, Xhakha, Lokonga, Elneny. Only quality is Odegaard. So, what we are getting right now is not totally unexpected. We have been punching above our weight for a while due to the improved defense and quality wingers in Saka, Martinelli and ESR. Now that injuries have caught up w/us and defense is no longer protected much, we look overwhelmed.
So, basically, it means we will need reinforcement in the middle and up top , and accept whatever position comes our way and roll on.

Partey is quality, no?

Did you see him against Palace? He is incredibly inconsistent, and with his background he should be far more composed on the ball. He's made Xhaka look the better player several times this season.

There's a rumour from Fichajes.net that Arteta isn't happy w/him and wants to sell him in the summer.

The Palace game was one bad game after a string of good game from him. And he was injured in that match. We have seen similar incident before. Partey against Spurs and especially Tomiyasu against Liverpool. I wonder if they were not actually 100% fit for those games.
And why should Arteta not happy with him (or Tavares or anyone) when he plays Lacazette after he plays more bad games?

Partey had a slow start but his form started to pick up after he admitted he hasn't been at his best and our overall form started to pick up. What he does is key because we don't have any other midfielder that can receive the ball under pressure, spin his man and then advance the ball. The rest of our midfielders won't look for the ball in tight spaces or will just pass it back or sideways.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:15 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Shouldn't expect a lot from a midfield of Partey, Xhakha, Lokonga, Elneny. Only quality is Odegaard. So, what we are getting right now is not totally unexpected. We have been punching above our weight for a while due to the improved defense and quality wingers in Saka, Martinelli and ESR. Now that injuries have caught up w/us and defense is no longer protected much, we look overwhelmed.
So, basically, it means we will need reinforcement in the middle and up top , and accept whatever position comes our way and roll on.

Partey is quality, no?

Did you see him against Palace? He is incredibly inconsistent, and with his background he should be far more composed on the ball. He's made Xhaka look the better player several times this season.

There's a rumour from Fichajes.net that Arteta isn't happy w/him and wants to sell him in the summer.

The Palace game was one bad game after a string of good game from him. And he was injured in that match. We have seen similar incident before. Partey against Spurs and especially Tomiyasu against Liverpool. I wonder if they were not actually 100% fit for those games.
And why should Arteta not happy with him (or Tavares or anyone) when he plays Lacazette after he plays more bad games?

Partey had a slow start but his form started to pick up after he admitted he hasn't been at his best and our overall form started to pick up. What he does is key because we don't have any other midfielder that can receive the ball under pressure, spin his man and then advance the ball. The rest of our midfielders won't look for the ball in tight spaces or will just pass it back or sideways.

Partey is poor at receiving the ball under pressure.
He’s given it away countless times this season.

It’s one of the areas Lokonga is already better than Partey. Control of the ball and keeping possession.

This year Partey has been both disposessed and had unsure touches of the ball twice as often per game than Lokonga.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:24 am

Loan him to ligue 1 and watch him look world class. Worked for Guendouzi!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:26 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:Loan him to ligue 1 and watch him look world class. Worked for Guendouzi!

We're in Europe next year, we'll need the whole squad plus our loanees all back.

Europa as well so Lokonga should have plenty of games along with the domestic cups.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:52 pm

Albert Sambi Lokonga is hoping to remain at Arsenal for the 2022-23 campaign, reports football.london.

The midfielder, who joined the Gunners in 2021, has seen a possible loan move speculated on, but he wants to stay put and prove his worth to Mikel Arteta.

He's not very good. Might get the odd cup game I guess

Loan would do him good
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:04 pm

I'd like to see him and Elneny start our Europa games. If he can't manage that, he should go on loan in Jan.

Right now he's a bench option and that's good enough as long as Partey starts regularly.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:32 pm

Yeah I'm not that fussed about him but we will need numbers next season.

Unless we sign someone as a deep CM then no point loaning him out.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:54 pm

Let's hope he kicks on second season in England.

Don't see why this should stop us going for Tielemans though. Loan out Sambi where he was play every week and then let him take over from Elneny as first choice back up next season.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:25 pm

It shouldn't. Ideally Partey, Vieira and Tielemans, keep Elneny as a back up, I presume Torreira is gone, Xhaka gots to go ....... I would loan Lokonga to a Premier League team, there is zero benefit loaning him to a team outside of the Prem.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:44 pm

Yes I agree. Burnley makes a lot of sense since Kompany is manager.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:31 am

theHotHead wrote:It shouldn't. Ideally Partey, Vieira and Tielemans, keep Elneny as a back up, I presume Torreira is gone, Xhaka gots to go ....... I would loan Lokonga to a Premier League team, there is zero benefit loaning him to a team outside of the Prem.

Vieira isn't a CM by a long shot though.

He's light weight, a winger come CAM, Odegaard would be better in CM than Vieira.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:It shouldn't. Ideally Partey, Vieira and Tielemans, keep Elneny as a back up, I presume Torreira is gone, Xhaka gots to go ....... I would loan Lokonga to a Premier League team, there is zero benefit loaning him to a team outside of the Prem.

He's light weight, a winger come CAM, Odegaard would be better in CM than Vieira.
Agreed
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:01 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Agreed

Not really a winger, not really a striker......
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:32 am

alexafc12 wrote:Yes I agree. Burnley makes a lot of sense since Kompany is manager.

Kompany is Burnley's manager now? Good!
Send Lokonga there. Kompany must be determined to prove what he has said about Lokonga.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:27 am

alexafc12 wrote:Yes I agree. Burnley makes a lot of sense since Kompany is manager.

Guarantee Kompany doesn’t want him. Arteta got duped.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk