British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Wed May 11, 2022 11:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Well you wanted talk other than Trans and now I'm ready.

..........another fkin Gas / Electric price hike in October??

This has gotten right out of hand, time to nationalise?

How can the energy industry be fkin up this much? I know they all want to rake it in before 2030 but this is a liberty of epic proportions.

Inflation in general is out of control.

This is the risk of having essential services in the hands of private companies.

You'll never convince me that having an organisation that takes a profit and pays dividends to shareholders is ever going to be the bast guardian of the country's vital services which are so fundamental to quality of life and the economy.

An energy company bleeds it's customers dry, then manages to go out of business anyway, and what happens to the customer? They get bumped over to another private company like an asset in a fire sale.

Inflation at 8.4 pc. Read 10pc in real terms. And the governor of the Bank of England reckons I need to show restraint in demanding a pay rise!!! (I've been offered 0% with the "possibly" of maybe some sort of rise next year)

That's right, apparently it's all my fault!

Personally I'm ok. It means I can't afford to save much anymore and I've stopped buying beer. But I personally know people for whom this is s disaster.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu May 12, 2022 5:32 am

How can the energy industry be fkin up this much? I know they all want to rake it in before 2030 but this is a liberty of epic proportions.

Yeah, this is getting silly now, the cost of living in general is getting out of hand. I've stopped reading political stuff cos it just pisses me off so much that many just accept it and will continue voting Conservative no matter what.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Thu May 12, 2022 12:44 pm

I think partygate and beergate should be shelved, there are too many important things to worry about in the world, Putin being one of them. Most countries borrowed money during the pandemic, it wasn't rocket science to work out that it was going to effect the economy, but that now needs to be managed. Let the eleceted politicians on both sides get on with this and stop the carping.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby UFGN » Thu May 12, 2022 1:03 pm

Goonerred wrote:I think partygate and beergate should be shelved, there are too many important things to worry about in the world, Putin being one of them. Most countries borrowed money during the pandemic, it wasn't rocket science to work out that it was going to effect the economy, but that now needs to be managed. Let the eleceted politicians on both sides get on with this and stop the carping.

While children died alone in hospital and families were denied a proper funeral, key members of the government were chilling out and having wine and snacks. I went to work every day during lockdown and because I was a high risk to other people from working in central London, I spent weeks on end essentially alone except for my colleagues, who did the same.

Chilling out with colleagues for me consisted of:

"You ok mate?"

"No not really, I feel like shit to be honest. You know how it is"

"Yeah I know. It's shit ain't it. Come on, let's crack on with it lad"

I'm not saying woe is me, I'm a big lad and I could handle it. But that evil floppy haired c*** didn't play the game by the same rules I had to, on his say so!!!!

So f**k him. Yes he should resign. We have plenty of arseholes left to form a new government and deal with ongoing issues
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 12, 2022 1:39 pm

Goonerred wrote:I think partygate and beergate should be shelved, there are too many important things to worry about in the world, Putin being one of them. Most countries borrowed money during the pandemic, it wasn't rocket science to work out that it was going to effect the economy, but that now needs to be managed. Let the eleceted politicians on both sides get on with this and stop the carping.

I agree.

Some people want to keep dragging it on though.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StockGooner » Thu May 12, 2022 2:55 pm

UFGN wrote:

This is the risk of having essential services in the hands of private companies.

You'll never convince me that having an organisation that takes a profit and pays dividends to shareholders is ever going to be the bast guardian of the country's vital services which are so fundamental to quality of life and the economy.

An energy company bleeds it's customers dry, then manages to go out of business anyway, and what happens to the customer? They get bumped over to another private company like an asset in a fire sale.

Inflation at 8.4 pc. Read 10pc in real terms. And the governor of the Bank of England reckons I need to show restraint in demanding a pay rise!!! (I've been offered 0% with the "possibly" of maybe some sort of rise next year)

Personally I'm ok. It means I can't afford to save much anymore and I've stopped buying beer. But I personally know people for whom this is s disaster.

It seems to me that private companies are not necessarily the worst place for these to be, since operationally I would argue they are run better than most public sector organisations, but would it not be better for the energy companies to have stronger regulation that OFGEN currently provide? Equally for petrol stations to be regulated. For example they would have to adhere to a maxiumum return which goes against my own personal opinions on free trade, but energy and petrol etc are not really optional now, they are requirements.

Ask me the finer details and I admit I coulnd't without some serious though, but privatisation with strong regulation from central government would appear to give a balance between privatisation and nationalisation surely?
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Thu May 12, 2022 3:10 pm

StockGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

It seems to me that private companies are not necessarily the worst place for these to be, since operationally I would argue they are run better than most public sector organisations, but would it not be better for the energy companies to have stronger regulation that OFGEN currently provide? Equally for petrol stations to be regulated. For example they would have to adhere to a maxiumum return which goes against my own personal opinions on free trade, but energy and petrol etc are not really optional now, they are requirements.

Ask me the finer details and I admit I coulnd't without some serious though, but privatisation with strong regulation from central government would appear to give a balance between privatisation and nationalisation surely?

There's absolutely no evidence that these energy companies are being run to any higher a standard than the worst excesses of a state owned monopoly. Some have gone bankrupt, all the others are in a mess.

At least when it was state owned you knew exactly who to hold responsible for shambolic management

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Tue May 24, 2022 11:14 pm

So, the government broke it's promise to include a workers rights bill in the Queen's Speech, even though it was in their 2019 manifesto..... (And despite the government being "outraged" about the P&O scandal)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61392768.amp

And now want to press ahead with new anti-union laws that would effectively make strike action illegal in this country....... because it was in their 2019 manifesto

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/grant-shapps ... kes/300024

Project Fear I was told. You're worrying about nothing, I was told

Well there's the Tories and everything they stand for in s nutshell.

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:05 pm

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:16 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1533901952974823424?t=zfrdQaHhmhieJt7bZtyfOg&s=19

41% of Tory MPs believe the Tory prime minister should be removed from office. Worse than May did in her NC vote. She resigned. Worse than Major did. He resigned.

They think he's a liar, a liability, a charlatan, a clown.

Tory voters on suicide watch this evening

Get them out. Give us a government that doesn't treat the public with contempt

UFGN

Postby starmandb » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Nothing they didn’t know but they believed him to be electable
Now they don’t
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:57 pm

starmandb wrote:Nothing they didn’t know but they believed him to be electable
Now they don’t

They're happy with a serial liar when they think he'll keep them in power

When he starts to look like a liability, suddenly integrity matters

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:54 am

Blackford warns Boris Johnson "you can't ignore democracy". hmmmm didn't Boris win the vote? is that not how our Democracy works? Guess not when you're a serial loser in the SNP.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:28 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Blackford warns Boris Johnson "you can't ignore democracy". hmmmm didn't Boris win the vote? is that not how our Democracy works? Guess not when you're a serial loser in the SNP.

The majority of the house of commons are against him

The majority of conservative back bench MPs are against him

The only reason he's still in power today is because of the limited rules of a confidence vote within the Tory party...... and the support of the 90+ ministerial post holders who rely on him directly for their salaries

I'm no fan of Blackford but he is correct

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:44 pm

UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Blackford warns Boris Johnson "you can't ignore democracy". hmmmm didn't Boris win the vote? is that not how our Democracy works? Guess not when you're a serial loser in the SNP.

The majority of the house of commons are against him

The majority of conservative back bench MPs are against him

The only reason he's still in power today is because of the limited rules of a confidence vote within the Tory party...... and the support of the 90+ ministerial post holders who rely on him directly for their salaries

I'm no fan of Blackford but he is correct

Ah yes here comes the new Goebbels for the left - making up facts with zero evidence - propaganda bollocks at its best.

Can you please link to Hansard where Boris lost a confidence vote to "the house of commons" or lost a vote to his "back bench MPs" - or indeed just what are the "limited rules" that I suspect you just made up - you do know its one MP one vote for the Tories, which is the very essence of UK democracy - I'm sure you have the full supporting evidence for all your claims so please post it - we'll wait.

Boris is all kinds of wrong, but he is properly elected and just properly won a majority vote - Blackford and UFGN are just full of it.

On every topic you come across as a fantasist who, as normal, is just pontificating your own opinion presented as truth, always with ZERO actual facts to back it up.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate