Granit Xhaka (34)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Is Xhaka the right choice for Arsenal captain?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:10 am

Yes
1
3%
No
37
97%
 
Total votes : 38

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 pm

If Arteta has an iota of integrity, he will bench Xhaka long-term like he's done with Aubameyang. Partey/Elneny midfield till the end of the season.

But who am I kidding, Xhaka already wanted out last year and El Hefe gave him a raise and 4-year deal instead.
Highbury Hillbilly
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11223
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:16 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:If Arteta has an iota of integrity, he will bench Xhaka long-term like he's done with Aubameyang. Partey/Elneny midfield till the end of the season.

But who am I kidding, Xhaka already wanted out last year and El Hefe gave him a raise and 4-year deal instead.

I just don't know why he did that.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner
 
Posts: 3432
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:37 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:If Arteta has an iota of integrity, he will bench Xhaka long-term like he's done with Aubameyang. Partey/Elneny midfield till the end of the season.

But who am I kidding, Xhaka already wanted out last year and El Hefe gave him a raise and 4-year deal instead.

I just don't know why he did that.


Because Arteta is a fanboy.

............ and all of those he was a fanboy of (Xhaka, Bellerin, Leno etc) have all let him down and are gone, Xhaka is the only one left and look at the liability he is.

There was a time not so long ago that our team was half full of these liabilities, Xhaka, Bellerin, Mustafi, Leno, Kolasinac.

All of them have caused calamities or weren't putting in the proper effort, that's when we were being call Banter FC.

There is only one thing left to do ........ sell and replace, that's it.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29712
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:50 pm

Reiss wrote:It's weird how every manager gives him a new deal and plays him in the starting XI.

The guy must be unreal in training.

Even Mourinho says he's our most important midfielder and the key to everything.


It's because he's vocal and bossy on the pitch. You can see how he gestures and tells players where to pass, who to pass to. It's token BS if you ask me.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8012
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:47 pm

Reiss wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:It's weird how every manager gives him a new deal and plays him in the starting XI.

The guy must be unreal in training.

Even Mourinho says he's our most important midfielder and the key to everything.


It's because he's vocal and bossy on the pitch. You can see how he gestures and tells players where to pass, who to pass to. It's token BS if you ask me.


He can't be given a free pass for all his mistakes purely because of that surely?

Dumb managers man.


It's unfortunate but that's life. He takes on the role of 'teacher's pet'. Probably on the pitch and behind the scenes so it keeps him safe.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8012
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby VCC » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:16 pm

He is simply never going to change.
He does not have the pace to recover situations (losing the ball, keeping up with play, finding himself out of position)
To counter his lack of pace he as Adams did needs to become an intelligent reader of the game, which Xhaka is not !.
I seriously wonder how the club trains, if contact training happens this must be seen in training.
Anyways long past his starting games he may be adequate back up but he is a total liability in any big game,
Failure of Arteta to see Xhaka shortfall is exactly the reason i did not want a ally of AW to manage this club,
User avatar
VCC
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11576
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Jedi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 pm

Still better than the alternatives.
User avatar
Jedi
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7685
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:16 pm

Jedi wrote:Still better than the alternatives.

Doesn't really help us
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 30047
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby swipe right » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:39 pm

Doesn’t have the discipline and reading of the game to play DM.
Doesn’t have the mobility and drive to play CM.
swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:24 am

theHotHead wrote:I just don't know how Xhaka got scouted, surely his lack of speed was noticed by our scouts, why would anyone think he could cope in a combative role in Arsenal's midfield?!!!

Shocking!


What is really shocking is that clown giving him a contract extension when we could have sold him. :BangHead:
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 22121
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:23 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:It's weird how every manager gives him a new deal and plays him in the starting XI.

The guy must be unreal in training.

Even Mourinho says he's our most important midfielder and the key to everything.


It's because he's vocal and bossy on the pitch. You can see how he gestures and tells players where to pass, who to pass to. It's token BS if you ask me.

Exactly. No dunce on the pitch can tell me what to do!! If he tried it with me I would tell him to go and look at himself before he can even chat to me! I would tell him about his mooma too!
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15506
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:25 am

Jedi wrote:Still better than the alternatives.

No, he is not. Playing a CB there would be a better option, playing Tavares would be better, playing anyone would be better than Xhaka.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15506
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:39 pm

Jedi wrote:Still better than the alternatives.


What by losing us games?

You really need to know when you've lost, just take the L on this one and move on.

You can't just go on skill level and completely ignore his liabilities as a player to give away penalties and get red cards.

I liked Auba, but I can't defend his lack of goals and so I have to state we need a new striker, the worst thing to do is be a fan boy and just dig a hole.

Facts are facts, people need to start learning to accept them because facts dgaf about your bias.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29712
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:Still better than the alternatives.


What by losing us games?

You really need to know when you've lost, just take the L on this one and move on.

You can't just go on skill level and completely ignore his liabilities as a player to give away penalties and get red cards.

I liked Auba, but I can't defend his lack of goals and so I have to state we need a new striker, the worst thing to do is be a fan boy and just dig a hole.

Facts are facts, people need to start learning to accept them because facts dgaf about your bias.

Thats the problem with too many people, they are unable to admit or accept they are wrong.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 15506
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Granit Xhaka (34)

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:45 pm

Radio saying it's a 2 game ban
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 30047
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 4 guests