Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:26 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:Doesn't turn up nearly enough to merit an extension. I appreciate his service for the team and his experience, but his ~10 league goals/season record isn't worth £9m/yr or whatever he's getting now.

Quite right✅
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby KG3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:12 am

We need to give him a new contract his experience is vital to the club, plays so well with these youngsters, 2 year contract isn’t much to ask for at 30 and it’s not like he’d be demanding Auba/Ozil type wages
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:13 am

KG3 wrote:We need to give him a new contract his experience is vital to the club, plays so well with these youngsters, 2 year contract isn’t much to ask for at 30 and it’s not like he’d be demanding Auba/Ozil type wages

I think he knows that and would be demanding top money for a contract extension.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:25 am

Goonerred wrote:
KG3 wrote:We need to give him a new contract his experience is vital to the club, plays so well with these youngsters, 2 year contract isn’t much to ask for at 30 and it’s not like he’d be demanding Auba/Ozil type wages

I think he knows that and would be demanding top money for a contract extension.

It's not worth it and especially if he's already earning around £180k a week. He should be taking a pay cut to stay.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:45 am

Santi wrote:Should be 1 year with a small rise in wage (purely because contracts always go up in football).

Otherwise let him go. Love the guy but never again do we want an aging player on high wages, even if I trust him to give more effort than Auba/Ozil.

He's already turned down a 1 year ext.

Let him go.

We need two proper profile CF's for Arteta's system, a starter and a good enough back up with Balogun as a trainee 3rd option.

Basically to replace Nketiah and Laca.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:Should be 1 year with a small rise in wage (purely because contracts always go up in football).

Otherwise let him go. Love the guy but never again do we want an aging player on high wages, even if I trust him to give more effort than Auba/Ozil.

He's already turned down a 1 year ext.

Let him go.

We need two proper profile CF's for Arteta's system, a starter and a good enough back up with Balogun as a trainee 3rd option.

Basically to replace Nketiah and Laca.

This
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:12 pm

But, with Auba's problems mounting, he'll be the main man rest of this season. Contract or no contract , he needs to churn it out day in and day out.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby KG3 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:49 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

It's not worth it and especially if he's already earning around £180k a week. He should be taking a pay cut to stay.

Would you take a pay cut to stay at your current job, if you knew you can get nearly double your current wage for doing the same job in America or China for a couple of years before retirement?
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:58 am

Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette has, according to TMW, turned down an offer from Newcastle.

The Frenchman is running down his contract at Emirates Stadium, and has been presented with lucrative terms by the Magpies, but he is reluctant to join a Premier League relegation battle and will remain in north London for now.

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:40 pm

If his contract expires in the summer he can talk to clubs now.
Goonerred

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:06 pm

KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Would you take a pay cut to stay at your current job, if you knew you can get nearly double your current wage for doing the same job in America or China for a couple of years before retirement?

Chinese league turned off the money tap a couple of years back. Govt introduced salary caps for foreign players which is why Carrasco has been on loan at Atletico the past couple of years: they can't continue to pay his old wages.

The top earning player in MLS makes $7m, which is less than what Laca makes now. And he wouldn't be top earner there anyway.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:18 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Chinese league turned off the money tap a couple of years back. Govt introduced salary caps for foreign players which is why Carrasco has been on loan at Atletico the past couple of years: they can't continue to pay his old wages.

The top earning player in MLS makes $7m, which is less than what Laca makes now. And he wouldn't be top earner there anyway.

That's something. Laca would also have to want to move to China or America if those options were available. If reports are true, he just turned down Newcastle.

But I'm not really looking out for Lacazette's best interests. He's free to whatever he wants since the ball will be in his court. I just hope we don't offer a massive pay rise and truth be told, a player in his condition should be offered a pay cut in regular wages with performance related bonuses added on as an incentive.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 pm

Ach wrote:
Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette has, according to TMW, turned down an offer from Newcastle.

The Frenchman is running down his contract at Emirates Stadium, and has been presented with lucrative terms by the Magpies, but he is reluctant to join a Premier League relegation battle and will remain in north London for now.

I'm actually surprised at that.

Surely they are one of the only teams in a position to offer Laca what he wants financially.

Laca is suffering from Nketiah syndrome, the man is going to roll the dice once too many and crap out.

Even if Atletico or any of the other clubs he's flirted with become interested, I doubt they'll pay him what he wants.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:57 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:

Surely they are one of the only teams in a position to offer Laca what he wants financially.

Laca is suffering from Nketiah syndrome, the man is going to roll the dice once too many and crap out.

Even if Atletico or any of the other clubs he's flirted with become interested, I doubt they'll pay him what he wants.

He's getting paid £4.5m to sit and weigh his options for half a season.

Once he's a free agent, he might join Toon, who knows? They'd certainly have to pay him more then than they do now.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:07 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:

He's getting paid £4.5m to sit and weigh his options for half a season.

Once he's a free agent, he might join Toon, who knows? They'd certainly have to pay him more then than they do now.

Not if they buy someone before that and the options open up a lot more in Summer, Laca could get overlooked by then.

His career, his problem.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football