In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:42 am

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:PMQs coming up get the popcorn out. :popcorn:

I don't see how he can squirm out of this one. Usual rhetoric coming up but it won't work.

I'm not sure if he even cares any more to be honest.

I think he's maybe had enough and would like to slip out of the public eye and spend time with his young family.

I do hope that's not the case, there's too much at stake. Let Labour have it if the Tories don't want it.

Not saying the Tories don't want it. I'm sure there's plenty who would take it if he doesn't want it.

Labour! All I see when I hear that is that harridan Angela Rayner. Nothing likeable about that woman at all.

They do tend to shoot themselves in the foot by having some awful people on their front bench.

I can't stand Labour any more, but it might wake the Tories up, they've become too complacent. A big majority gives you even bigger responsibilities, they're taking it for granted.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:57 pm

I don't think its about the Tories....its all about Boris! Cummings has been slowly drip feeding the media all these damaging emails and stories, since Boris sacked him, you wonder what he's going to come up with next! I can't see how Boris can ride it out, because its massively damaging for the party and eventually he'll be ousted by his own MP's. Its probably not a bad time, he sorted Brexit, oversaw the vaccine roll out and is now causing more problms than he is solving.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:36 pm

I think he'll be fine unless some more shit comes out from that Cumbag. Seems to be getting a lot of support over this and it's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, people who broke the rules during lockdown got fined or f**k all so PM should get the same and be done with it.

Not like there's anyone ideal to replace him on either side and if we're trying to come out the back of this pandemic then changing the PM and having another party leadership battle is the last thing we need.

Tbh can't believe people haven't got better things to worry about...wow our PM had a drink and broke his rules. So did half the c**** in this country.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:39 pm

Santi wrote:I think he'll be fine unless some more shit comes out from that Cumbag. Seems to be getting a lot of support over this and it's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, people who broke the rules during lockdown got fined or f**k all so PM should get the same and be done with it.

Not like there's anyone ideal to replace him on either side and if we're trying to come out the back of this pandemic then changing the PM and having another party leadership battle is the last thing we need.

Tbh can't believe people haven't got better things to worry about...wow our PM had a drink and broke his rules. So did half the c**** in this country.

Now we know why Johnson didn't sack Cummings when he should have. It's a bit rich from Cummngs after Eyegate. I dislilke him intensely.
Goonerred

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:41 pm

Yeah old Cumbag had too much info but Boris was basically forced into sacking him in the end, turned out he probably would've had a better rep by keeping him around lol

Anyway as long as that t**t Starmer never becomes PM, I'll be happy.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:47 pm

Santi wrote:Yeah old Cumbag had too much info but Boris was basically forced into sacking him in the end, turned out he probably would've had a better rep by keeping him around lol

Anyway as long as that t**t Starmer never becomes PM, I'll be happy.

BJ has handed it all to Labour on a plate. He will have to go for the sake of the party.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:49 pm

Refreshing news in the Telegraph today concerning the police. It's not often you can say that these days.

As some of you may be aware, the police's approach when you get burgled is to give you a crime number, and that's it. They don't bother coming around to take fingerprints or look for similarities to other burglaries. You know - it's called investigating a crime. This without doubt works to encourage your common burglar that he can go about his business without fear of any punishment. Leading of course to an increase in burglaries.

Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire Police Forces decided in 2019 to to change their approach. It didn't take any great scientific breakthrough or even an increase in numbers. All they did was go back to what the police did in the past when you got burgled. They sent officers around to investigate.

This change in approach has resulted in huge dividends. Burglaries in the two counties have halved in the period since, and arrests for burglary has tripled. Well done to the Chief Constables who implemented this change of approach.

I wonder if other forces will follow suit. Or are they all too busy investigating insults against transexuals and suchlike?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:01 pm

Phil71 wrote:Refreshing news in the Telegraph today concerning the police. It's not often you can say that these days.

As some of you may be aware, the police's approach when you get burgled is to give you a crime number, and that's it. They don't bother coming around to take fingerprints or look for similarities to other burglaries. You know - it's called investigating a crime. This without doubt works to encourage your common burglar that he can go about his business without fear of any punishment. Leading of course to an increase in burglaries.

Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire Police Forces decided in 2019 to to change their approach. It didn't take any great scientific breakthrough or even an increase in numbers. All they did was go back to what the police did in the past when you got burgled. They sent officers around to investigate.

This change in approach has resulted in huge dividends. Burglaries in the two counties have halved in the period since, and arrests for burglary has tripled. Well done to the Chief Constables who implemented this change of approach.

I wonder if other forces will follow suit. Or are they all too busy investigating insults against transexuals and suchlike?

Or even making you a criminal because of what they think you were thinking. This has happened, more than once.
Goonerred

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:33 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:PMQs coming up get the popcorn out. :popcorn:

I don't see how he can squirm out of this one. Usual rhetoric coming up but it won't work.

I'm not sure if he even cares any more to be honest.

I think he's maybe had enough and would like to slip out of the public eye and spend time with his young family.

I do hope that's not the case, there's too much at stake. Let Labour have it if the Tories don't want it.

Not saying the Tories don't want it. I'm sure there's plenty who would take it if he doesn't want it.

Labour! All I see when I hear that is that harridan Angela Rayner. Nothing likeable about that woman at all.

They do tend to shoot themselves in the foot by having some awful people on their front bench.

I can't stand Labour any more, but it might wake the Tories up, they've become too complacent. A big majority gives you even bigger responsibilities, they're taking it for granted.

Its an embarrassing state of affairs for democracy itself, that neither party is worth voting for.

Unfortunately like everything humans do with regards to positions of power, it all gets corrupted.

Democracy in America and the UK is an absolute farce, bought and paid for by private interests, they don't even hide it in America, its called lobbying.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:15 am

Is the word 'midget' offensive?
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:39 am

Goonerred wrote:Is the word 'midget' offensive?

My mate has got a vintage MG Midget.

If this carries on he'll have to get the black tape out and cover the badge in case a vertically challenged person gets offended.

Up next - Fairy liquid and Cheesy Puffs banned.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:49 am

Phil71 wrote:

My mate has got a vintage MG Midget.

If this carries on he'll have to get the black tape out and cover the badge in case a vertically challenged person gets offended.

Up next - Fairy liquid and Cheesy Puffs banned.

I can understand that people who have the syndrome that means they are short and getting abused are upset by being called midget in a derogatory way, but it's not the words, it's the people. It won't stop just by changing the name of something. We need to change attitudes of people to be more respectful to others. Some people won't stop they just like being horrible to others.

Never thought about the car or the other two products you mentioned.
Goonerred

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:11 am

The US Supreme Court has refused to hear the appeal of an American woman who joined the Islamic State (IS) and is seeking re-entry to the US.

Hoda Muthana grew up in Alabama and travelled to Syria to join IS in 2014.

While she was abroad, authorities determined Ms Muthana, now 27, was not a US citizen and revoked her passport.

In 2019, Ms Muthana's father appealed against a federal court that barred her entry. On Wednesday, the Supreme Court declined the case without comment.

Ms Muthana, the daughter of a Yemeni diplomat, was born in the US. But under federal law, the children of diplomats born in the US are not automatically bestowed citizenship.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59974939

hahahaha get f***ked
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:45 am

Why are you asking us?

I don't think we're your target audience.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:56 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Why are you asking us?

I don't think we're your target audience.

More things being cancelled. did you not hear that M & S had stopped calling some sweets midget gems. I wpndered if it was apt or not.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee