January 2022 Transfer Window

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:55 pm

swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:I will say it again, winter is not the time to be buying top talent. It is very rare that good players move in this window. It is only contract hold outs. Perhaps the club is exploring such options. We don’t know yet. Or maybe they are looking at loan deals like Wijnaldum. Which would be a decent stop gap solution.

The point I don’t get is with regards to Auba. We are certainly not going to get a top center forward in January. We rejected the chance to give Laca and Nketiah long term deals. So why did we alienate our one senior striker with a long term deal? Is it more important to make a point to the squad about tardiness or is it more important to have options till the end of the season? If Arteta had enough of Auba could he not have waited till the summer to boot him out?

We can make up for it if we sign Vlahovic. He was a summer target and it may be best for us to try and convince players to move in January instead of summer. Way more competition for signings during the summer and we'd be at a disadvantage if we don’t make Top 4.

So how do you convince him to move right now when he can move in summer to clubs that have secured CL? And how do you convince Fiorentina to sell mid season when they could get the same amount or more for him in summer?

The only two quality strikers that I remember moving in winter were Adebayor to us and Suarez to Liverpool. I literally cannot think of another of the top of my head.

Aubameyang as well.

If the reports are true about the club wanting a large fee up front, the player wanting the move but it's the agent holding it up because he wants a large fee as well, we have the answer. We'll have to pay up.

Because money is tight for most clubs during the pandemic, there are no guarantees they will be able to get this sort of money elsewhere. I think they're willing to play ball if the money is right. Biggest sticking point is the player and if he's willing to move in the winter, then it's just on us to pay up along with the fee to the agent if we want him bad enough.

Gone are the days where our rep would have players pushing to move to us and willing to compromise to make a deal happen. I don't fancy our chances in the summer when swimming with the big fish. Fiorentina could hold out for the summer for the bigger clubs but as said, the bigger clubs may not want to pay as much and can always unsettle the player to try and force a move.

Oh blimey how did I forget Auba. That was staring me right in the face. And Arshavin come to think of it.

Yeah, Arshavin was a good one. I was just thinking of strikers but Reyes was also a good one too. RIP.
Power n Glory
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:03 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:So, how many have the dynamic duo signed then?

We've signed the same amount as Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester, Palace, Southampton, Burnley and Norwich.

That's not what I asked. :doh:

Look up how many they've signed and you'll get your answer.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:46 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:So, how many have the dynamic duo signed then?

We've signed the same amount as Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester, Palace, Southampton, Burnley and Norwich.

That's not what I asked. :doh:

Look up how many they've signed and you'll get your answer.

Huffy puffy Phil :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner

Postby Reiss » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:36 pm

...wilshere anyone?
Reiss
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:39 pm

Good that we can bring on our new CM for the second half
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:28 pm

Arsenal have a seven-man list of targets which includes midfielders such as Leicester's Youri Tielemans, 24, Paris St-Germain's Georginio Wijnaldum, 31, and Lyon's Bruno Guimaraes, 24. (Mirror)

Lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:34 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal have a seven-man list of targets which includes midfielders such as Leicester's Youri Tielemans, 24, Paris St-Germain's Georginio Wijnaldum, 31, and Lyon's Bruno Guimaraes, 24. (Mirror)

Lol

Wijnaldum on loan and then wait for the summer would be my preference.
swipe right
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:34 am

Reiss wrote:...wilshere anyone?

No thanks.
Nuggets

Postby Hypergooner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:09 am

Nuggets wrote:

No thanks.

Definitely take him on pay as you play. He's better than Xhaka and Lokonga. We are now desperate for a quick fix in CM.
Still need to sign a long term option as well though
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:40 am

Hypergooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

No thanks.

Definitely take him on pay as you play. He's better than Xhaka and Lokonga. We are now desperate for a quick fix in CM.

mmmm won't cost us a lot then, he is injury prone and will spend most of the time on the physio's table. :)
Nuggets

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:22 am

Hypergooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

No thanks.

Wilshere can't play in our deep midfield pair, they are supposed to be the anchor of our team, Wilshere would get run over.

Jack is more a CAM type, closer to ESR than anyone else, in fact ESR is highly similar to a young Jack Wilshere.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

No thanks.

Wilshere can't play in our deep midfield pair, they are supposed to be the anchor of our team, Wilshere would get run over.

Jack is more a CAM type, closer to ESR than anyone else, in fact ESR is highly similar to a young Jack Wilshere.

Agreed
Ramsdale/???
Tomiyasu/???--White/Saliba--Gabriel/???--Tierney/Tavares
Partey/Sambi--???/???
Saka/Pepe--Odegaard/ESR--Martinelli/Smith Rowe
???/???
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

No thanks.

Not sure what Wilshere you remember? Jack was more of a proper CM, he was never quick enough to play the CAM role from what I can remember. He used to collect the ball from deep and start the play forward, or start intricate play from outside the opposition box when we were in the final 3rd.

Watch YouTube. Most of the time he was in CM
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:29 pm

Nuggets wrote:

No thanks.

Only if they throw Billys boots in the deal.
Now back to reality are you f***ing serious.
VCC
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:42 pm

Santi wrote:Coutinho on a loan would never be bad imo, people act like he’s been shit since his big move but he was quality on loan at Bayern.

Don’t think we really NEED him but as a bonus attacker he wouldn’t be a bad option. Doubt barca want another loan though.

Another mistake not getting him
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk