Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:14 pm

He has not done anything to deserve a rise.
User avatar
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13644
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:20 pm

theHotHead wrote:He has not done anything to deserve a rise.


Done more than Xhaka, imho.
I'm ok with an extension but not a pay raise
Leno
(Ramsdale/Runarsson)
Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney
(Cedric/Niles) (Saliba/Holding) (Mari/Dinos) (Tavares/Kolasinac)
Partey —- Xhaka
(Elneny/Chambers) --- (Lokonga/Azeez)
Saka ————— Odegaard ————— ESR?
(Pepe/Omari) ————— (Matteo/Torreira) ————— (Martinelli/Nelson)
Auba(c)
(Lacazette/Balogun)


Last Updated: 8/31/21
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 18873
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Rockape » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:30 pm

theHotHead wrote:He has not done anything to deserve a rise.



I agree........but thats not how it works! At the end of his contract, he becomes a free agent who won't cost another club a transfer fee, so:

He will get a signing on fee
he will get an increase on his current wages

So, we can either let that happen and look to pay anything between £30 and £75m on a replacement who may not be a success. Therefore giving him a 2 yr contract and a significant pay rise would save us a vast sum of money against doing the alternative and give us a player we know all about.

Clearly this isn't the ideal solution, but its better than letting him go and not getting a replacement.
User avatar
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:42 pm

Rockape wrote:
theHotHead wrote:He has not done anything to deserve a rise.



I agree........but thats not how it works! At the end of his contract, he becomes a free agent who won't cost another club a transfer fee, so:

He will get a signing on fee
he will get an increase on his current wages

So, we can either let that happen and look to pay anything between £30 and £75m on a replacement who may not be a success. Therefore giving him a 2 yr contract and a significant pay rise would save us a vast sum of money against doing the alternative and give us a player we know all about.

Clearly this isn't the ideal solution, but its better than letting him go and not getting a replacement.

In other words, he's going to hold us to ransom. We never learn.
Goonerred
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:50 pm

Doesn't turn up nearly enough to merit an extension. I appreciate his service for the team and his experience, but his ~10 league goals/season record isn't worth £9m/yr or whatever he's getting now.
Highbury Hillbilly
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9822
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:53 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Rockape wrote:
theHotHead wrote:He has not done anything to deserve a rise.



I agree........but thats not how it works! At the end of his contract, he becomes a free agent who won't cost another club a transfer fee, so:

He will get a signing on fee
he will get an increase on his current wages

So, we can either let that happen and look to pay anything between £30 and £75m on a replacement who may not be a success. Therefore giving him a 2 yr contract and a significant pay rise would save us a vast sum of money against doing the alternative and give us a player we know all about.

Clearly this isn't the ideal solution, but its better than letting him go and not getting a replacement.

In other words, he's going to hold us to ransom. We never learn.


We should be spending out time looking for internal solutions as well. Martinelli, Balogun and Pepe some names that could possibly play his role. I wouldn't even be mad of Arteta tried a false 9 role for one of the players but instead we're rotating game time between two contract bandits, Nketiah and Lacazette.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6875
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:11 pm

Should be 1 year with a small rise in wage (purely because contracts always go up in football).

Otherwise let him go. Love the guy but never again do we want an aging player on high wages, even if I trust him to give more effort than Auba/Ozil.
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 41218
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:26 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:Doesn't turn up nearly enough to merit an extension. I appreciate his service for the team and his experience, but his ~10 league goals/season record isn't worth £9m/yr or whatever he's getting now.

Quite right✅
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 20730
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Reiss » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:42 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:Rumours are we want to give Laca a 2 year contract.

We. Need. To. Learn. From. Our. Mistakes.


Yep. This could be expensive.


I can understand a 1 year contract but 2? Nah.
Reiss
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby KG3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:12 am

We need to give him a new contract his experience is vital to the club, plays so well with these youngsters, 2 year contract isn’t much to ask for at 30 and it’s not like he’d be demanding Auba/Ozil type wages
User avatar
KG3
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:13 am

KG3 wrote:We need to give him a new contract his experience is vital to the club, plays so well with these youngsters, 2 year contract isn’t much to ask for at 30 and it’s not like he’d be demanding Auba/Ozil type wages

I think he knows that and would be demanding top money for a contract extension.
Goonerred
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:25 am

Goonerred wrote:
KG3 wrote:We need to give him a new contract his experience is vital to the club, plays so well with these youngsters, 2 year contract isn’t much to ask for at 30 and it’s not like he’d be demanding Auba/Ozil type wages

I think he knows that and would be demanding top money for a contract extension.


It's not worth it and especially if he's already earning around £180k a week. He should be taking a pay cut to stay.
User avatar
Power n Glory
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6875
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:45 am

Santi wrote:Should be 1 year with a small rise in wage (purely because contracts always go up in football).

Otherwise let him go. Love the guy but never again do we want an aging player on high wages, even if I trust him to give more effort than Auba/Ozil.


He's already turned down a 1 year ext.

Let him go.

We need two proper profile CF's for Arteta's system, a starter and a good enough back up with Balogun as a trainee 3rd option.

Basically to replace Nketiah and Laca.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 27939
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby VCC » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:Should be 1 year with a small rise in wage (purely because contracts always go up in football).

Otherwise let him go. Love the guy but never again do we want an aging player on high wages, even if I trust him to give more effort than Auba/Ozil.


He's already turned down a 1 year ext.

Let him go.

We need two proper profile CF's for Arteta's system, a starter and a good enough back up with Balogun as a trainee 3rd option.

Basically to replace Nketiah and Laca.

This
User avatar
VCC
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10801
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby ag6789 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:12 pm

But, with Auba's problems mounting, he'll be the main man rest of this season. Contract or no contract , he needs to churn it out day in and day out.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 4 guests